Nuzlocke. Get in here!

Started by NejinOniwa, February 16, 2013, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

had some issues saving....

team:

NejinOniwa

Level grinding is allowed as much as you bloody well want to, chap. :)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Simonorged

Marshstomp lv.21 Male                                         Kirlia lv.21 Female
Tackle, Rock-Tomb, Mud-Shot, Water-gun            Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport

Wingull lv.24 Male                                                 Skitty lv.14 Female     
Growl, Watergun, Supersonic, Wing Attack          Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sing

Nuzleaf lv.14 Female                                             Zigzagoon lv.3 Male
Bide, Nature Power, Bullet-Seed, Growth              Tackle, Growl, Cut
Simon was here :P

NejinOniwa

Ladies and gents, let me tell you a little something...

GAMBLING PAYS OFF :D
I was too impatient to wait until the last gym to get one, so I spent some half hour in the Game Corner and LOOKIE WHAT I GOT :D

Introducing, HARKNESS THE MOTHERFUCKING LV15 DRATINI
Because as we all know, Dratinis are the sexiest thing since ANYTHING.

Now it's time to kick some gym leader ass with this bitch.
DRAGON'S RAGE BITCHEZZZ

Simonorged

All my pokemon died against the electric gym leader, I wasn't ready...*sob*
First Kirlia, then Nuzleaf, then Marshtomp, then Wingull, Skitty and Zigzagoon never stood a chance.

NejinOniwa

Wtf, how can you lose Marshtomp that easily in an Electric gym? He's Water/Ground, dude.

You shouldn't even have brought Wingull there, though - that's just tempting fate.

Simonorged

Chocofreak13

if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

though this has made me tempted to catch a backup team in case of this eventuality. >>;

@nej: BADASS MOVE MASTER! >:3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Currently in Viridian Forest; training my newest party member a bit (I typically keep everyone evenly-leveled). My newly-caught Caterpie had an epic power struggle with a Metapod that was one level higher than it; which made for a tense fight >:3

-Current Party-
BaconDick: Lv5 Caterpie (Tackle, String Shot)
Agumon: Lv6 Charmander (Scratch, Growl)
Blackjack: Lv6 Pidgey (Gust, Sand Attack)
Highwind: Lv6 Spearow (Peck, Growl)
Monty: Lv6 Rattata (Tackle, Tail Whip)

Simonorged

I'm gonna try again with Fire red
New current team

Charmeleon lv.16 Male                                Rattata lv.3 Male
Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw              Tackle, Tail-whip

Pidgey lv.3 Female                                      Pikachu lv.3 Male
Tackle                                                          Thundershock, growl

Caterpie lv.4 Male
Tackle, Stringshot

Nichi

Good luck :3

So, I made it to Pewter City. I just narrowly avoided losing Agumon and Monty, thanks to a Weedle, but with some studying of how much HP it takes away when walking back to the Pokémon Center, combined with some strategically used potions (The only two I had), I was able to help both of them survive.

Also, BaconDick evolved into a Metapod. Insert your own joke here

-Current Party-
Agumon: Lv7 Charmander (Scratch, Growl)
Blackjack: Lv7 Pidgey (Gust, Sand Attack)
Highwind: Lv7 Spearow (Peck, Growl)
Monty: Lv7 Rattata (Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack)
BaconDick: Lv7 Metapod (Tackle, String Shot)

NejinOniwa

Simon, may I ask why you're keeping your starter so MUCH far ahead of the others? It makes for bad balance, in my experience. Grind the others some first!

Also, Pent, while it's pretty good to keep your levels even I'd much advise you to get on the Mt. Moon route a bit and grind some more. In my experience you need average levels of at least 10 when taking on Brock, and in your case I'd recommend a bit more still since you don't have a starter with a type advantage.

A few nasty crashes with my Emulator has screwed me over a bit, but my save file is still in shape and I'm keeping backups to be safe. Worst case scenario I'll just grab the backups and export them to my flashcart or something.

THE TEAM:
Gendou - Lv16 Vulpix
Harkness - Lv21 Dratini
Zhugeliang - Lv21 Gastly
Malachite - Lv22 Geodude
Twitch - Lv20 Raticate
Scramjet - Lv19 Bayleef

RESERVES:
Bonk - Lv18 Pidgeotto
Awesome - Lv13 Glaceon
Diabeetus - Lv12 Drowzee
Marley - Lv5 Oddish
Lifeline - Lv6 Spearow
Surprise - Lv11 Togepi
Potaters - Lv6 Bellsprout

I'm in Ecruteak at the moment, preparing to take on various Gyms and Towers for much winnage. Gendou learns Flamethrower at 24, after which I'll be looking for a Fire Stone to evolve her with; Malachite and Zhuge both evolve at 25, and Harkness hits stage 2 at 30. I'm keeping around Twitch for safety since he's just what I need against the Ghost gym (Normal-type makes him immune to most of their moves, and he has a bunch of Dark-type moves), but after that I think the rat might be going into the box. I'll see what I can find to replace him with...

I'm a bit sad that neither Zhuge nor Malachite will be able to evolve to their maximum levels due to FUCKING TRADE EVOLVES, but w/e.

And man, Harkness is so fucking badass I'm almost crying. DRAGON'S RAGE, BITCHES, 1HKO EVERYDAY, IGNORE DEFENSES LIKE A BAWSE

Nichi

@Nej: You can't access the Mt. Moon route until after you beat Brock. Someone standing right at the edge of town will stop you and take you to the Gym every time, until you have the Boulder Badge :\

Also, I'm currently grinding right now outside of Viridian Forest. I'm trying to get BaconDick up to level 12, so it'll learn Confusion; which is my best shot

NejinOniwa

That sounds excellent. Keep in mind, however, that as a Bug/Flying type he has a 4x weakness to Rock-type moves...

It might be beneficial for you to get some status-inducers mixed in there; alternately, just blast on with non-physical moves best you can. Heck, Charmander's Ember works fine enough most of the time, and he's beefy enough to take a few hits if you grind him a bit.

Simonorged

The fire red rom is fucked up, I can't save