Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

are you within a reasonable distance from an upopulated area? then you too can be safe from predators!

@stew: fuck yeah! >:3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Actually, since this is a hot button topic in Virginia but probably nowhere else, I'm a believer that the mountain lion has returned to the state despite repeated insistence from Fish & Game that they haven't.

Nichi

Interesting. Not sure what to say, since I've never been in that state before

stewartsage

Its big, it has a lot of rural mountainous terrain with low population density, and in my opinion is an area naturally given over to mysteries.

Chocofreak13

i always think of mountain lions/pumas living in warmer states, though. if anything, i'd say you guys would have a large wolf population, but you're the one who lives there. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I once saw a bobcat run across the street on my way home, when they were thinning out a heavily wooded area

Chocofreak13

saw a fox run across the street in broad daylight once. it was going from forest to farmland, though, so maybe it was just going back to its den. :\
also saw a deer at the top of this street last year. it was fucking cool. :0000

(there's also more hawks around here than we know what to do with. you see them all the time on highways and such. i even saw one at the top of the street here once. xD )
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

FACTOID: I'm going hunting on Tuesday/Wednesday, with my grandfather. Also, yes. Hunting is in many ways vastly superior to mass-production of meat.

WILDLIFE GENERAL:
Well, you know...

I may have mentioned once or twice before that my mother is pretty much personally responsible for anything regarding the wolf politics in this country. Thanks to the idiot conservative faggots in the government, we also have a rather batshit stupid wolf policy, as evidenced by the number of times the EU commission has been yelling at us to stop fucking around.

So, yeah.
Personally I'm a big proponent of having a bigger, and most importantly healthier, wolf population in the country. The Swedish wolf populace was in the 60's reduced to 2 animals - one male and one female. You can guess where things went from there...

As in, every wolf in this country is more closely related to the others than two human siblings are.

Aside from the solitary heritage, this is also much due to the presence of what we call the "Shoot, Dig and Keep Quiet" zone. AKA Sapmi, which covers pretty much the north of sweden/norway/finland. There, most people will shoot any wolf on sight. Seeing as this zone covers the only land connection between Sweden and the rest of the world (aside from the Öresund bridge, but that point is moot due to the absence of wolves in Denmark and the fact that wolves don't use fucking bridges), it severely hampers any immigration of foreign wolves; which is why we have the inbred wolves we've got.

My mother has led a few efforts to transplant russian wolves into our grounds, but there's been little success so far.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

dem russians might not get along.

also, all that comes to mind here is American Dad. "INBRED DINNER WOLVES!!!"

gl man, wolves are beautiful animals and to shoot without good reason (read: mauling) is barbaric. we as a society should be beyond that level of thinking by now. >>;;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

REDACTED: Gramps just called and said no hunting. Nothing in his control, but still...
I'm a bit sad now. :/
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Might I point out I was sarcastic about the destruction of our larger predators being a good thing?

Because it isn't.

Chocofreak13

of course not. there needs to be some natural cycle of birth and death, otherwise you'll end up with the Purple Loosestrife and Japanese Beetle infestations we've had here in years past. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

DA CIRCLE OF LIFE~[/lion_king]

Now, if only we had some predator of wasps here

Chocofreak13

just introduce momo. she's great at killing those things. -w-

we need anothe hot-button issue to discuss....

TRUE OR FALSE: GLOBAL WARMING
click to make it bigger