Nuzlocke. Get in here!

Started by NejinOniwa, February 16, 2013, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Okay, people. It's that time of the year again.

What's that? What time?
IT'S CHALLENGE TIME, YOU DUMBASS

And this time, we're going to go with the infamous Nuzlocke challenge. I'm fairly certain most of us have at least one pokémon game somewhere - or enough cpu power to emulate one. So without further ado...here goes.

I'm probably going to be playing HeartGold or SoulSilver, but I might also do one on Black/White 2 when I can get my hands on them.

POST BRIEF RESULTS OF YOUR RUN HERE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE: INCLUDE GYMS DEFEATED, POKEMON CAUGHT AND CASUALTIES.

Rock on.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

This makes me want to dust off that old Pokémon Crystal challenge run I started back in 2011

NejinOniwa

Yeah, I'm a bit tempted to get back on my SoulSilver Gym Leader run, as well. We'll see if I do... :)

Chocofreak13

i lost my files for the gym leader challenges so i'd have to start over on those. but i've been wanting to do Nuzlocke for awhile, and was wondering when you'd pick up on it. this seems like the perfect excuse.

now guys, i was using Ruby and Crystal for my gym leader challenges, so should i go with Gen1 for this or should i go with Gen3 cause that's when the titular pokemon actually appeared?

also, my Nuzlocke will consist of the basics, but instead of releasing them i'ma put them in the PC and forget about them. (box 12 or something.) cause i hate releasing my pokemon, it's too sad. ;^;
i'll abide by the "one pokemon per route" rule but i think i'm gonna do the rest on easy mode since i anticipate having a tough time with this. also, is that "we can only catch one pokemon per route" or "we can only catch one pokemon PER VISIT to a route"?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quoteit's too sad. ;^;
BUT THAT'S THE THING.
When they faint...they're DONE FOR. Bye-bye forever, no second tries.
It's SUPPOSED to be sad, and it's SUPPOSED to make you angry when you lose them. Nuzlocke is half about the difficulty, and half about the emotional rollercoaster it makes of an otherwise boring grind.

Chocofreak13

so i can't just toss them in the PC (mausoleum) instead of releasing them (burying them in the ground)? i wouldn't use them again, obviously, they're "dead".
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

let me see if I can make my rom of b/w work...

Chocofreak13

kickass, we got us a 4th member. the gym leader challenge only had 3.

now the question is, which version do i pick....

EDIT:  nej, i have another question, what happens if the first pokemon we meet on a route faints? is that route then considered a wash?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

It's a wash. Be more careful next time!

There is an optional rule that allows you to skip to the next one if it's a duplicate (you've already got it in your dex), however.

And NO, using the PC as a mausoleum is cheating as well. That way you can just say "well ok I lost him but I can always go back and look at him whenever I want", NONE OF THAT. Lose a guy, it's GAME. OVER. for him.

ARE YOU MANLY ENOUGH TO DO THIS, MINION

Chocofreak13

I'LL TRY, MASTER

glad about the skipping doubles rule. helpful.

NOW TO DECIDE WHICH VERSION TO USE ;^;

EDIT: what do i do if i get an egg, master?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSAike-IK0&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR2-W89uVUM&feature=youtu.be
NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE TIIIIME

Eggs and gift pokemon are yours to do whatever you wish with, afaik. Heh heh heh...

Chocofreak13

mel posed an interesting question, WHAT DO IF FIND WANDERING POKEMON (entei, raikou, etc) ON THE SAME ROUTE AS A POKEMON YOU'VE ALREADY CAUGHT?

also, is it only one poke per route or one poke per VISIT to a route? you never answered me on that. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

One poke per route only. For example, I accidentally the weedle on my journey to Mr Pokemon's house; when I go back there on my way north, I still won't be allowed to try catch anything. One shot per route, period.

So I've completed the intro storyline and got my balls handed to me and shit (hue hue), so there shouldn't be much stupid segments left.
THE TEAM AS OF NOW:
Scramjet the Chikorita - Lv6 (Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf)
Awesome the Glaceon - Lv5 (Powder Snow, Sand Attack, Scratch, Growl)
Bonk the ScoutPidgey - Lv6 (Tackle, Sand Attack)
Twitch the Rattata - Lv6 (Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack)

Moving onward!

alfonso_rd_30

Found and Fixed HG... Startin' my Journey...

My DStarter: WarHero II

Nichi

I think I'm going to start on this later tonight