"Classic" games (board games, pen'n'paper RPG, Ring a Ring o' Roses...)

Started by ettanb, February 07, 2013, 03:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

oh yes... hide n' seek was da-boom, we used to play bote pateado... which is hide and seek after kicking a can... the way to lose was fairly simple: be caught first... and to win was to kick the can away, so the one seeking it would seek it again...

Chocofreak13

i didn't do much outside because i didn't have any kids in my neighborhood. at my grandparent's, though, there were some kids down the street i played with. we jumped rope, played kickball in the street, skipit, we swam in their pool (and sometimes my pool) and played on their playground, and i think we played basketball and hopscotch. (at one point in time my grandparents had an old basketball hoop, too.) during the winter my grandpa would take me and my sister sledding at the high school (there's a giant hill in the back there). we also used to ride around the neighborhood, them on bikes, me on my scooter (cause i still can't ride a damn bike).

@pit: wow, you're the first person i've met who's actually good at trivial persuit. xD for some reason i was always more keen on trivia games when they were on the tv or computer. (Encarta's MindMaze, for example.)
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

I was alright at it, but I typically used my jumprope as a whip (Indiana Jones, yo)

Chocofreak13

that's always fun. one end is broken? tie it together and make a lasso. -w-
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. Why else would Gardy use a jump rope as her primary weapon? :3

Chocofreak13

favourite card game? it doesn't have to be with a typical poker deck, it can be something like munchkin if that's it.

i like the game Gloom. i'd like to get a copy of Gloom. the object of the game is to make the family you've been given have the most miserable life possible before killing them. you can also play cards on other people to make the families have happy moments, thus making them lose the points they've built up.
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

@Kari: I've never heard of Gloom. Explain that to me pwease?

And can someone tell me what Craps is?

stewartsage

Its a dice game.

Caaaaaards; I've got three decks in my drawer right now.

Nichi

My favorite card game would probably be Uno

Speaking of card games, I nearly bought Munchkin last weekend

alfonso_rd_30

I'd go with yu-gi-oh! unfortunately I lost my most loved posession: my rare Guardian Angel Joan card

btw, my first card:

Chocofreak13

i think i have a guardian angel joan, but i'm not sure.
cool card, what is it?

@pent: and someday we shall play.
@stew: next time you come up here bring one. we can play rummy or something. -w-
@leaf: but i just did......*sigh*pinches forehead* okay, so here's how it goes.
you and 1-3 (or more with expansion packs) are dealt a family of 5 people. you are then dealt 5 cards, each having some sort of status effect: either they're a tragic event, which places some points on a character, a joyous event, which takes points away from a character and are played on other peoples' families, or a death card, which is used to kill off one of the people in your (or sometimes someone elses') family, thus netting you all the points that have stacked. the person with the most points after the whole family is dead wins.

apples to apples
koi koi
gloom
rummy
blackjack
kings in the corner
chow sept
go fish

are all card games i like. -w-
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

a succubus knight... the guy whom introduced m to yu-gi-oh! gifted it to me with my first purchase

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger