Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

Alright, I know this is not exactly the most original thread topic ever, but I just like the idea of having some place in the forum where we may tell a little something about ourselves. This way there's no need to always create a new thread saying "hiya, I just came here", so we'll have all the introductions under one title. ^_^

I'll go first, oh hohoho! ^o^

Hiya all! I'm Pitkin, and have been a member here for a few months. I'll turn 20 years old on the 28th of this month and study in Tampere university, Finland. Online I tend to always use this nickname, with perhaps some prefix attached to it (SirHenry or Daigakusei, for example).

I like anime, manga, football (soccer), aforisms, writing, computer games and several other things. I collect almost anything related to anime/manga, but my collection is not too impressive yet. Another hobby of mine is studying Japanese, which I find a lovely language. ^_^

That's it for starters. I'll add more if I notice something missing.

How about you others? ^_^

CaptBrenden

Righto.  The captain here.  In not really a captain, thats a screenname ive been using for years since my highschool days of playing minatures games.   Im actually a artist/photographer in training and a US Marine.  Im stationed in california near San Diego, but Im originaly from Montana, Colorado, and Washington state (I moved alot as a kid)

Im interested in alot of stuff, from anime and manga, or any art for that matter.  For new members or guests, Im also the artist for our own flegling manga/comic here on OS Tan Collections.  Word.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Mokura

Yo.  I'm Mokura.  No, that's not my name or anything, it's a screen name I use for some games I play a lot (mainly Maple Story).  I'm 19 (since Oct 28th), and I'm a freshman in the University of Illinois at Springfield.  I'm planning to major in computer science and hopefully get a job working for a video game company, something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid.

To say that video games are one of my interests would be understating the obvious. ;012 I also like anime and manga, at least when I can get it.  Usually I'm too broke or too paranoid to do so.  I'd like to learn how to draw manga-style stuff, but it's not going too well, and I can never seem to find the motivation to start drawing.  I don't really have a job or anything yet, since being a student takes up too much of my time.

I'm supposedly trying to make a Troubled Windows game or something like that. =P  I'll have to figure out what I'm gonna do about that over Semester Break.  Somehow I seem to have lost motivation on the project- something that I'm unfortunately prone to when I think up a neat project that I could work on.  Oh well.

Random side note: I've been using Windows 98SE much longer than Windows XP.  Why?  I got a relatively decent laptop for a high school grad present (it was required for my college classes anyway) and of course it had XP pre-installed.  Still, I miss my old 98 desktop sometimes.  XP won't run Mechwarrior 2 at all, and that game kicks ass. ;025

CaptBrenden

try running it under windows compatability for 98.. I still play my old 95 games

rdhdtwns

I'm so new here .-. I'd been lurking for awhile but finally decided to join...

My name's Codi, and..you can call me that, I don't really have any nicknames. I'll be 21 in February and reside in the southern portion of Indiana, in the US.

I think it's pretty obvious what I'm into ^^ OS-tan, cosplaying, anime, manga, and some video games. (I like fighting games over RPGs and strategy.)

I like heading around different anime cons on the East Coast, and I plan on pulling my XP-tan cosplay with me to every one I attend this year. Looking forward to it (my twin is going to be Me-tan) ^^

Nice to meet you!
So cute it\'s deadly!

Fedora-Tan

Welcome there rdhslq... rdhdpo.... err... I'll never remember this  o_o

I hope you'll enjouy there  ;010

rdhdtwns

Hehe thanks!

It's easy to remember, actually..

rdhdtwns = red headed twins , aka myself and my sister. Just a nickname we made up years ago and it stuck. ^^
So cute it\'s deadly!

CaptBrenden

ahhhhh o.o i looked at it and just thought it was a bunch of random gobbldy goop.

Fedora-Tan

I thought of a such thing too but now i'll (maybe) remember the nick ;)

Pitkin

Welcome around, rdhdtwns-san (hehey, you're right, it's not that hard to remember)!

Make yourself at home, I hope you'll become a regular poster around these quarters. ^_^

Oh yes, cosplay's so cool. ^_^

Darknight_88

Welcome rdhtwns (w00t! i remembered it!!), I hope you enjoy your stance in this forums. Participate!! don't follow my example of lurking around and posting not much
<.<
>.>
oh well, I think I'll introduct myself, even if its a bit too late.

Known in the Internet (more precisely, in Os-tan collections) as Darknight_88 (the name comes from a robot i drew once ago...dont ask more). The "_88" its from my date birth, and it has a purpose: not being the generic Darknight No.9301480 in the Internet :D. I use that nick almost for everything (if sometime u find a Darknight88 in Halo,   thats me).
ok...enough talk about my nickname. I'm from Mexico, so dont expect me to speak  (or write...) english very good. Im 17 years old (just in case you are a bit too lazy to make the count of the "_88"). I like videogames (Halo!!Starcraft!Age of Empires II [and soon, AoE III], Doom III [just need to get myself a copy] and...and....thats all). I also like drawing, reading, but i dont have a lot time due to school  ;026.
Also, i tend to use "..." a lot...(see!!i told ya'!!), not using caps in the "i" and using an lot of pharentesis (see what im talking about?)

Oh yeah, and 95-chan rules!!!! :D

Gunsmith Cat

Perhaps I should have posted up here first, I'm Gunsmith Cat. I sell guns and all things gun related. I really like Anime, Anthro, guns, guns and more guns. I was in the Army for 4 years as a satellite network controller. I am from Phoenix, AZ and I don't remember how I found this place but I really liked the character designs for OS-Tan so I decided to stick around to find out more.

Alfamille

;hi

I've been lurking around here for a week. After I made my avatar and signature, I already decided to join.

I'm Alfamille, I am also known as Christian to to other forums especially mine's. I'm turning 21 this July. I like some few anime like for example Gensomaden Saiyuki, Saiyuki Reload, etc. I listen to stuff like  Dream theater, Rush, Van Halen, etc.

Anyway, its good to see a forum about OS Tans. Have a nice day guys!

`styling and profilin' :P

Pitkin

Welcome around, Alfamille-san! I (and others as well, I'm sure) hope you'll stick around. :D Go ahead, start posting already. ^_^ *nods*

rdhdtwns

Hi Alfamille! Welcome to the board~!

Please join in our posting! ^o^
So cute it\'s deadly!