Forum being slow?

Started by Bella, December 04, 2012, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

The site's search feature is honestly kind of shitty. I generally have to fight with it to find posts I know I made :\

NejinOniwa

I can agree with this. In particular, the search function only displays the FIRST time the term is used in a thread, which makes things rather difficult if you're looking for a specific post on a popular subject.

This probably deserves its own thread, though.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

should i make one? frankly it feels like we're better off without the search function, cause it's like we don't have one anyway. >>;
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

When it didn't turn out any results, were you using the quicksearch in the topright corner? If yes, the reason is probably that by default the search wants to bring you a thread and not a single post. Try entering the advanced search and ticking "show results as posts".

Chocofreak13

thanks for the advice, man. ^^
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Gee, I'm sorry to bump older topics but half the time when I try to look at peoples replies to my posts, I get:

An error has occurred! The server is currently under high stress blah blah blah.

What's up with that? My internet is fine so... I'm at a loss here.

Chocofreak13

this site is hosted on a server that hosts 3 or 4 other sites, so there could be a high volume of traffic on one of the other sites. :\
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Correct. If I'm not mistaken, this site is traffic-wise the busiest of the bunch, but lately we've been doing a bit of uploading elsewhere, which can reflect here. It's not of permanent nature, however.

Chocofreak13

line busy? call again later. it won't even cost you a dime. -w-
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

This would nearly fit into the Weird Dreams thread, but actually I woke up in the middle of last night and realised what I posted just above didn't make any sense. I was speaking about uploading while the uploading took place completely elsewhere. This site is indeed on a shared server but not with any of our other sites, so of course I don't know if there's upload going on on the other sites here. ^^;

Don't know what I was on when posting that above last night, sorry. ~.~;

Simonorged

I just keep track by thread page number
Simon was here :P

Nichi

I was wondering what you meant ^^;;

Thanks for the clarification

Chocofreak13

tbh i get the feeling most of us didn't know the difference. i know i didn't. :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

is anyone else having trouble with the site today? it's become a chore to load a single page, and it times out every time i try to post. (if this manages to make it through i'll consider it a miracle.)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

No issues on my end, amazingly enough