Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Well I've been playing PuyOlympic. Great little PC game...

Chocofreak13

@pent: MUST GET

also, chip's challenge had a soundtrack???? :000000
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah. The PC version has 2 MIDIs it alternates between for each level (One sounds pretty cool, the other is kind of "meh". It can be enabled in the options, if you want to hear it sometime), while the Amiga version has a greater variety of music (Which sounds nice, given the Amiga's sound capabilities)

Chocofreak13

:0000000

i've known about the game for years but never knew it had sound until now.....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm :3

So, I decided to try out the two installments of the Bust-A-Move series that are on the Xbox; Ultra Bust-A-Move for the original Xbox, compared to Bust-A-Move Live on 360. Which one is the best but will never top the 3rd game?

First off, Ultra Bust-A-Move. This game honestly doesn't feel like a Bust-A-Move game; the only tie to earlier installments is that Bub appears on the loading screen. Otherwise, it feels like a cheap clone; the character designs are odd, the music lacks the feel of earlier installments, and the controls feel sluggish and not as precise. The game did at one time have online play, but since the servers for it shut down a long time ago, I have no way to test that. However, it does offer local multiplayer, which maybe I can have my sister come over and test that out.

Secondly, Bust-A-Move Live. I played the demo, and compared to Ultra, this one is actually not bad. On a positive note, while you do play as your Xbox Avatar instead of choosing a character, you do get to choose character types...and all-Rainbow is a type; thus, I can channel my inner Twinkle and flood my foe's screen with the rainbow bubbles of doom. Also, compared to Ultra, the aiming feels more precise, which is very important with how I play. It's far from perfect, and it's certainly no substitute for Bust-A-Move '99, but it's worth checking out.

alfonso_rd_30

That without mentioning the time wasted on Wartune

and on the Faceboob games

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

alfonso_rd_30

Oh I forgot... I'm also playing

And

LeaflameSD

I've never played a KOF game ever...

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: LeaflameSD on February 01, 2013, 03:05:54 PM
I've never played a KOF game ever...

Where have you been...? Livin under Nej? (literal)

TBH I was expecting more a reaction for the Game above KOF XIII

LeaflameSD

I've known about the King Of Fighters series for years. Never got into it.

alfonso_rd_30

Here lies the truth!

btw I'm mordecai

Nichi

ettanb

Serious Sam! I restarted playing the classic ones. Still one the best shot-em up ever.