Hot Button Topics (religion, politics, sports)

Started by Simonorged, January 23, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Cape Cod is the best kind of chips.  Got a big bag beside me at the moment!  Rte. 11 is probably close; their Jalapenos are the best.

Chocofreak13

the only flavour of chips i've ever seen that could be classified as "unusual" would be the Ketchup-flavoured Lay's i saw in Canada. :\
as for 3rd-party sodas, we got squirt a lot when i was a kid, but sunkist soon became the norm. :\

@stew: but faygo is awesommmmme. :<
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Faygo is bad and you should feel bad.

I'm serious about the first part though, that shit is awful

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on January 28, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
They still have Pepsi Blue in Mexico? I always wanted to try that *w*

sometimes in the hollidays... this year it was not...

in the moment, there are two flavors of ruffles extra crunch, both hot sauce and intense Jalapeño... like jalapeños more... and since I'm starting to hear the epicurean food eater conchita, I'm hungry again...

Simonorged

now for government, I don't think the President knows what he is doing.
Yeah we got a little more health care, but at what cost?

I'm on many of their programs (i think), but I wouldn't mind not having them.
I've taken too much already...
Simon was here :P

Nichi

I think he's actually doing a pretty good job, given how badly his war-obsessed predecessor broke everything.

However, 90% of the people in my hometown, my mom included, strongly disagree; which sucks, as I usually have to lie about my views and opinions to avoid the risk of being kicked out onto the streets or being forced to go to church to be "reprogrammed" >_>;

Simonorged

Obama had four years to get that straightened out, people can't keep blaming some one who hasn't had any influence during that time.

You can't blame the whole thing on Bush, while Obama has be funding all these needless programs, the Economy has gotten worse, and Gas has sky rocketed.

So far, he has done everything, except deal with the big issues.
( except for maybe healthcare)

When Bush left office the dept was under 1 trillion, now that Obama has been if office for four years, the dept is at 14 trillion, No mater how your look at it, that is a big jump.

Look, I honestly think that things aren't going to get any better with him in office, as my friend put it, " He is a politition, not a leader. Doing what the people want isn't always a good thing."

And for a totally unconventional reference, the end of Fable III

There is a huge difference between Reprogrammed and seeing it someone elses way.
You don't have to accept it but I'd prefer if that term wasn't used.
Although it really does depend on what Church you go to.

Nichi

Well, it has to do with my mom's mindset; how she feels everyone needs to go to church so they will have the same exact views and opinions as her >_>;;

Simonorged

That's... not okay, you should still be able to think with your own mind.

Nichi

Pitkin

Simonorged, check your debt numbers. Less than one trillion at the end of Bush era, fact-checkers will probably tear that apart.

Also, I'm sorry to say but the idea that a disastrous economic situation could be turned around in four years is more than optimistic. Delirious, I'd rather call it. Whether someone could have done better economically than Barack Obama, probably, but that's purely hypothetical. Blaming the current president for a thing which had been sown for a while before does not manifest a deep understanding of fiscal politics.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Pitkin on January 30, 2013, 11:10:52 AM
Simonorged, check your debt numbers. Less than one trillion at the end of Bush era, fact-checkers will probably tear that apart.

Also, I'm sorry to say but the idea that a disastrous economic situation could be turned around in four years is more than optimistic. Delirious, I'd rather call it. Whether someone could have done better economically than Barack Obama, probably, but that's purely hypothetical. Blaming the current president for a thing which had been sown for a while before does not manifest a deep understanding of fiscal politics.

exactly... it's liked Our war against crime.... Some people want to press charges against Ex pres Felipe Calderón, yet The Crime interwined into our goverment structures in the decades of PRI-reigned government, then, with Fox, was more focused on social programs and in a minor aspect on unemployment...

bear in mind that your Political system is much more "Party-controlled" than ours... most of the needed reforms on the US are usualy stopped by republicans, But I think Obama's doing a moderate job...

Simonorged

Okay. I'll admit that the parties don't see eye to eye, and that my numbers are wrong.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: Simonorged on January 30, 2013, 12:12:58 PM
Okay. I'll admit that the parties don't see eye to eye, and that my numbers are wrong.

don't be too hard on you... here it's worse, at least on the legislative powah