Anime Boston 2013

Started by Cockleshell, December 17, 2012, 02:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cockleshell

Who da hell is going. I know choco and I am. I'm thinking OSC MEETUP WITH COSPLAY
May 24-26, btw.
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

I won't be able to, because I never know what my work schedule will look like for that week until the weekend before :\

NejinOniwa

No money in da bank
Pimpin ain't easy at all
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I'm thinking of giving it a shot this year...... how much is admission for one day? And do I need to pay in advance or.....?

Chocofreak13

Admission is $60 for a weekend pass at the door. $40 at the door on friday and saturday, $30 on sunday (but if you're gonna come on sunday, it's not even worth it).

tbh if you can secure some funding then we can start going in on a room, considering pre-registering for a pass now is cheaper than getting it at the door for a 3-day, and is a miniscule amount more than a 1-day. :\
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

The thing is, I'll be coming on a class trip. I might not be able to stay the 3 days, only the one. Still.
I GET TO MEET CHOCO~
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

SleepyD

Did you go last year? Did you see Mizuki Hitoshi?

Chocofreak13

yes, but i didn't get the chance to go to any of the concerts or signing events. my friend waited in line to meet the voice actor(s?) that did digimon, but i typically focus more on panels and shopping than stuff like that. still cool, and i did get an autograph once from the japanese voice actor that played goku. (but that was at AAC.) :3
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Going on Saturday~ woot woot
Kari, message me where we're all gonna meet when the time comes

SleepyD

Have fun all! Memorial Day weekend is certainly a busy con time for us.
Fanime in San Jose, Anime North in Toronto, and Anime Boston in... well, Boston.
All are big cons too.

And remember, don't let the con dictate how much fun you have~ if something sucks or if you get sucked into drama, extricate yourself from the situation and do something else fun, dammit. haha

LeaflameSD

< feels sad because he will never get to go to an anime con

Nichi

Seconding Sleepy on this one. Have fun, everyone that's going ^^

Next year, hopefully, I'll be able to join you; even if I have to take a personal trip up there if I haven't moved yet :3

SoldierSpence

Sorry fellas, can't go.  Finals are coming up for me, and my family is a bit tight on money right now.  But, have fun you guys!

I hope your ready!

Bella

Quote from: LeaflameSD on May 23, 2013, 12:23:40 PM
< feels sad because he will never get to go to an anime con

I know that feel bro. : (

At least I can have Kari keep an eye out for cheap merch for me. -u-