Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I finally got around to trying out Path of Exile. So far, it does feel more like Diablo II than Diablo III did (Based on games I've actually played, D3 felt more like MapleStory than a Diablo game ^^; ).

Currently playing as a Shadow named "Penti", for the curious

Pitkin

We need to play together at some point, Pentium. :) I tend to play Hardcore, but can do Default as well, if you prefer.

stewartsage

I'm back to playing World of Tanks because my connection's temporarily improved, also because I was home over break and they introduced the British tanks.  I've also downloaded some fan DLC for New Vegas and the demo for Mount & Blade: Warband.

Cockleshell

-resurrect-
Someone recommend some nice co-op games for me and my boyfriend to play.
=_=
nothing too graphics intensive
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Nichi

I'd suggest Portal 2, but that's considered rather graphics intensive, so IDK

Cockleshell

I'm currently playing through portal 2, and it runs fine on my computer. Had it for quite a while, and pirated it when it came out. He doesn't have portal 2 on steam so unless i pirate it again onto this HDD and play it over hamachi, es no bueno.
;-;
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

NejinOniwa

*deep breath*
CRUSADER KINGS 2

Team up and plot against the rest of the rest of the Medieval world! Arrange ALL the marriages! Hell, you can even intermarry your dynasties to the point of inbreeding if you want! Castrate prisoners! Fight off the mongols! Conquer Africa! Remove Kebab! Claim the French throne! Laugh at the Habsburgs! Piss off the Fatimids! Cleanse the heretic! Become a heretic! AND MORE!

Accept it. YOU WANT IT.
They have like Steam sales every weekend too or something, when all the DLC and the game itself goes for 75% off... A fucking seal, I tell you. A SEAL.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

installing Ragnarok Online II at the moment, I've only been hearing good things about this game and now that it is in open beta I can now see for myself.

I loved the original game when I was younger but drifted away from it after a while, I'll give you guys a review of the open beta after I play it for a couple of days.

Now off to the land of Ragnarok! :3

**update**

So asiasoft totally failed with their servers and the open beta has been pushed back to January 3, 2013

The RO2 website has been down for a little over 5 hours now and there seems to be no hopes of it being back up until early tomorrow if not evening tomorrow (EST standards). So, until then I shall just play GW2 and some other games that have servers ready to handle the North American region, Asiasoft can really only handle the SEA server region for the game since they are based there. Oh well. First world problems. GG no RE.

Simonorged

Played FableIII all the way through twice in 3 days. ??? Does Bubble tanks count?
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

@kraus: sucks still, but hopefully it's going well now. :\
@simon: good god. .__.

so guys. everyone with an iphone/ipad/ipod touch. there's this neato hanadufa app that allows online play. and you should totally get it. so i can koi koi to your dry 3 bright.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: I'll look that up sometime :3

So, I finally beat the arcade mode on Bust-A-Move '99. Never could get past Sonic Blast Man (The really big guy, who is the second-to-last opponent in the arcade mode), but I just kept at it and finally saw the final boss...and of course, defeated him without much difficulty.

Twinkle is best character. I love the rainbow bubbles of doom -w-

Chocofreak13

whoooooooooo, good job man.

also, i discovered that there are 2 versions of the free app. i'm gonna download the other, but i believe the only difference is that the pink one is lighter than the standard, being able to be downloaded on the fly rather than requiring an internet connection.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, I now have Chip's Challenge on the Amiga

After years of playing the Windows 3.1 edition, playing this one kind of feels like a new game; different graphics, different soundtrack (More than just 2 songs! ^^), and gameplay that uses what fans refer to as the "Lynx ruleset" (Which has a few quirks that make the game feel different from the "Microsoft ruleset").

Also, this game has made me realize my actual Commodore branded joystick (Intended for a C64, but Amiga compatible) does not work very well. Thankfully, I can simply use the controller from my Sega Genesis (MegaDrive, for our European members), due to the Genesis and Amiga using the same controller port (You can also use controllers for the Atari 2600, if you wanted).

LeaflameSD

I kinda wish they would bring McCallahan back. I LOVE the game, and I've clocked so many hours on it. Ah... MicroShaft don't listen to us, but hey atleast a shitty party game huh?

Nichi

There's a spiritual successor for the iPhone, called "Chuck's Challenge" (Created by the guy who originally created Chip's Challenge), which is getting a PC version sometime soon