Facebook wants only real names

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 22, 2012, 02:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

yaaay, another reason to hate facebook. -__-;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Fucking Facebook >_<

If it wasn't for the fact it's the only way to keep up with some relatives I like, I wouldn't even be on there anymore

Chocofreak13

i only got it to keep up with my conneticut friends. now i use it to keep up with them and other friends who don't live close by/have an instant messenger i have. and i enjoy it somewhat. but if they start cracking down like this, then i think i'll pass. >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Facebook has always had a real name only policy, though as I understand it "passable" pseudonyms usually go by undetected. Though asking people to snitch on their friends is indeed rather...... slimy of them.

NejinOniwa

i should go in and just answer "YES" on all of it
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

that was my sister's intent. either answer 'yes' or 'i don't want to answer'. though 'yes' seems less suspicious.
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'd just answer "yes" to everything.

Even if a mister "COOLDUDE MCFABULOUS-AWESOMESTEIN" came up, lol.

Chocofreak13

*pictures saying yes to a person claiming their whole name as McLovin*
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

The answer "I don't want to answer" seems to me rather honest and I hope it wiil be the most clicked on entire FB.

It equals to an answer "don't bother me with such silly questions and leave alone my friends and their nicknames"...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Chocofreak13

maybe i'm just being cynical, but i see facebook seeing the 'i don't want to answer' option as suspicious or as people lying. as in, if they ask about it, and you say 'i don't want to answer' about a person, the person in question is guilty or something. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

One of my old classmates has this format on her FB account: Firstname Panda Lastname.

Now, unless she's changed that to her real middlename for some reason, it's not her real name. Should I tell facebook that's not her real name, then? Or what?

So fucking stupid.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

it's the same thing as having a nickname. for lack of a better example, if i were to make a facebook account for my ace's high main characters, only 3 would have their real names. 'Royale' isn't Royale's real name, but everyone (even some teachers) call him that. sometimes I forget his real name is Ralph. and even when i write his full name out, it's Ralph D. "Royale" DeLaCruz. would facebook penalize someone for that? for having their nickname listed in the middle of their name?

it's starting to make me think of when my dad got a facebook account, and he complained to my sister that he couldn't find me. when she showed him my page, he complained that i should be using my 'legal' name. facebook is 99% fun. unless you're making a page for a business, who the hell cares. >:\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

My mom's Facebook is under her nickname, so would she get in trouble for it not being her actual name rather than what her friends call her?

I honestly think this is bullshit

Chocofreak13

you're damn right it is. but the minute people mention "security" or "privacy" or "terrorism" with some legalese (or even without) people are on board for it without a second thought. welcome to the human race. no wonder all the villains from doctor who want to destroy humanity or stop the spread of humanity through the stars or take over earth. they have to stop the spread of the stupid. ><;;;
click to make it bigger