OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Yeah...I've been contributing to the gallery and Wikipedia. As for other stuff, I've been on a domestic vacation (essentially an excuse to post less and enjoy the last few days before winter break). Sweet...Tandy-tan!

QuoteYo Minna-san!! ^v^
O-genki desu ka, y'all? ^__^

Hehe,... I've been through hell. ^^;
You'd think I'd have trouble in NewYinzer's favorite country, but ironically it's in Japan where I'm stuck.... ^v^;
Apparently there's some issues with me hauling 15 suitcases filled with coins. -v-;
I'd ship 'em, but already spent all my paper yens on Meiji-era coins and maxed out my three credit cards at Akihabara. So till I get some paperwork straightened out, this is where I'm staying for the remainder of my vacation. ^^;

But it's not all bad,...

All those romance comedy titles were right -- it really IS easy to attract harems here. ^__^

They're crawling all over the place, waiting for unsuspecting losers to swarm over. ^v^;

I'm staying with a particularly-zany troupe of high school girls, which is great cause I ain't got no money for hotel fees. ^^;

Here's a picture... -v-

*holds in tendency for head to a splode*

Well...C-Chan...it's good that you're in Japan...

*holds it in*

...and those harems and bathhouses must get tiring...

*holds it in*

...kinda cool considering my new fun is only to look at North Korean propaganda and finish a huge social studies report...

*holds it in*

...you're really living the life of Piro/Keitaro/Negi/Suguru...

*holds it in*

...and those girls you're with...

*head a splodes*

Seriously, it's great to hear you're having a great time in Japan. Don't forget to take a picture of those vending machines where you can buy...

*gets hit in the head with fan*

Perverted thoughts are bad!

*regains composure*

Anyway, all jokes aside, have a nice time!

C-One

Cccccccccccc......

*bows apologetically*

10 ? "I am very sorry to remind you that C-chan will not return until Friday"
20 ? "so he will not be able to reply to any of your inquiries at this time."
30 ? "But I will brief him on your questions and comments immediately upon his return."
40 ? "Please accept my apology for this inconvenience, NewYinzer-san."
50 ? "Aurora-san."

*bows apologetically*

50 ? "I can at least offer to say that there are officially only 4 members in"
60 ? "the Anti$oft Coalition.  eCS-tan has been excluded membership but I have been"
70 ? "unable to confirm the reason provided for this.  Nonetheless, I will be happy"
80 ? "to order vending machines and party supplies if you are interested in holding"
90 ? "celebrations."
95 ? "Thank you very much for your patience."

*bows*

99 GOTO 95

NewYinzer

*starts reading from script found among trash at convention center*

Everything I tell you is a lie -- remember that! Everything I tell you is a lie! Now listen to me carefully, C-One; I - am - lying!

*finishes lines*

Now that you're confused, C-One, get me some soramimi cake!

C-One

*bows apologetically twice*

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Moshio ka arimasen"
20 ? "Hai, douzo meshiagare..."

LOAD "Soramimi Cake" 8, 1

SORAMIMI CAKE

C-Chan

OMG!!!!!!!!  WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE?!!!!!!!!  >O<

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE PARTY SUPPLIES AND FIREWORKS AND RENTED VENDING MACHINES?!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M BROKE NOW, I CAN'T POSSIBLY AFFORD THIS NOW?!!!!!!!!!!  ^0^

AND WHY IS MY SORAMIMI CAKE HALF EATEN--?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >0<

*seethes*

Cccccccccccccccc-OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*chases after C-One in piggy rage*

Added after 10 hours 33 minutes:

Shoot, lost her.  -v-

Well, okay, till I can find her again and find out what the deal is with all this junk, let me go ahead and reply to Raffaele-san.  ^__^

A continuation of our undocumented discussions if you will.  ^^

========================

QuoteWelcome again.

Tell me about your journey.

Spanned all continents except Antarctica (that'll be next month), in search of rare and delicious coins.  ^__^
Met tons of beautiful ladies that had no problem being around a talking pig.  ^__^
And drew to my hearts content.  ^v^
Actually drew my eCS-tan picture a little too much,...
Though I finished it faster than my old hand-drawings, it was hardly efficient compared to my recent standards.  Oh well, it was an experiment anyway.  ^^;

BTW, I didn't realize this when I sent you over there, but the main Annex page was completely screwed up.  Apparently when we switched domains, half of my links were ruined -- meaning all the links to my artwork were lost along with it.  ^^;

It's fixed now, so feel free to revisit the site if you'd like.  ^__^
My pictures usually begin with "C-chan" something or other, of course.  ^v^

QuoteThere are things you must say on about Miggy, so I am preparing a compendium to be added to your Annex.

I will let you read it soon.

That's good.  ^__^
You may not have realized upon first glance, but both Amiga and ZX Spectrum are using an older biography format.

The modern format is more like what what you see in the Windows and Mac sections, meaning I will eventually need to rewrite the articles for Amiga and ZX Spectrum.  So that's a good a time as any to add/revise based on your expertise.  ^__^
Also would be nice if we could flesh out the Wikipedia section on Amiga-tan so it doesn't look as desolate -- I would've done it earlier, but without many drawings for her I worried about purists attacking.  ^^;

QuoteMOS: I am wondering if to continue last sketch, or change a bit hair style, in a shape like thiese two letters: "MD".

Hmmm,... hair seemed fine to me like this....

Maybe if I saw this "MD" hair I might change my mind, but I'd rather you just proceeded with what you've gotten so far.  The concepts you've come up with are great, and besides you'll tweak them anyway during the drawing process.  ^__^

Besides, I yearn to make a chibi MOSchan.  ^v^

Speaking of which, I should've clarified the whole Mother>Daughter bit regarding her and Amiga.
I use the term "Daughter" loosely here, since it only means MorphOS shares "material" from Amiga, but not necessarily that she was nurtured, lived with or was physically conceived by Amiga (unlike with Windows NT and all the modern Windows-tans that everyone likes).  The actual term for MorpOS (or AROS) would be a "clone" of Amiga, but naturally "Daughter" is sweeter and much more personal label that the kinder OS-tans (like Amiga-san) would use.  "Clone" is better used for the shakier relationships, such as VMS with Windows NT or Unix with Linux back in the early 90's.  ^__^

BTW, have you thought of an AROS-tan at all?

I'd like to draw one along with chibi MOSchan (she and AROSkitty would be protecting AROS-tan), but if you have one planned I wouldn't want to step over your work or ignore any of your design concepts.  '__'

I can at least put my ideas on the table so we compare if necessary, and use/disuse anything that is/is no relevant to the real OS:

- She is younger-looking.  If MOSchan is still 17, I'd put AROS as a 12 or 13 body-type.
- Not sure of the hair color, but it would only be of medium length and only slightly wild (the current mascot's hair suits a much older body-type).
- I always picture her with winter gear for some reason -- a nice plush burgundy coat, grey stretch pants, white mittens and boots (likely thinking of the mascot again)
- She has a small tail and drooped cat ears.
- Her eyes are feline and also very penetrating -- though a pacifist, her looks deters aggressors.
- She is not a magical girl like MOSchan but she is clairvoyant, able to listen to the thoughts and feelings of animals, inanimate objects, and other sounds inaudible to MOSchan or Amiga-chan.  (x86 systems are more widespread than PPC and Pegasos -- so she's more "in-tune" to a greater user base)
- She is intelligent, but shy and reserved, and somewhat insecure about her abilities or the power she could be wielding with more confidence.
- Her companion AROSKitty, however, is bold and aggressive, and in a way looks after AROS-tan until she can finally fully fend for herself.

QuoteI agree about her '80 dress and about the Gala dress...

'80 dress is really good:

See here for example Sandybell '80 cartoon:

Wow, you're right!  The girl to the right is definitely spot-on to the kind of clothing I'm looking for.  ^__^
Might need to change the color slightly to make it more "Commodore"-looking, but otherwise excellent observation Raffaele-san!  ^v^

Now it's just a matter of actually getting to the drawing.... -v-'
It'll include her, Commodore PET, VIC-20, 64 and 128, all in their former uniforms and colors, so that'll definitely take a while.... ^v^;

QuoteAnd she also is an orphan and when adult she is working as freelance journalist all around the world...

Already have her as a freelance artist, but as communication is important I can definitely see her creating more than a fair share of newsletters and exposes.  And naturally she excels at video editing, so it'd be a good way to keep her skills from dulling.

In that case, AcornMOS-tan would likely seek Amiga-chan's sevices quite a bit (AcornMOS = OS for old BBC Micro computer).  ^___^

QuoteMay you haven't noticed it, but Amiga was the second coloured GUI interface in the history of computing right on the market (Atari ST preceded it of six months if I remember well... Or was just it the opposite?)

But Amiga sure was the first GUI of which any user could hange aspect, colours and even editing mousepointer and icons...

Sho she should have an enormous collection of dresses of various colors, including a Gala one...

Hehe, I see what you mean.  It's also a nice way to compensate for the lack of release-specific OS-tans -- whereas the Windows girls have the luxury of having one OS-tan for each major release, poor Amiga-chan only has herself.  ;__;

That does it then, time to consider some new clothing for her.  ^__^

Indeed I'll definitely do the 80's Commodore pic and the gala dress -- after that, we'll think of more styles for her to try out.  ^__^

As far as the gala dress goes, I'd like to pair her with at least another OS-tan in the same pic.  Or maybe even an OS-kun, as it was originally intended as a date scene.  Just not sure who in either case, and probably can wait till the time is right.  ^^;

Funny you mentioned the Atari's GUI, btw.
That would be GEM-tan, no?
Aurora-created one a while back, and it is in fact GEM-tan who (according to the date scenario I described) handcrafts the boing-ball crystal earrings that accompany the gala dress.  I guess now there's an added dimension to this, since Amiga was able to live the life that GEM wanted but ultimately was denied.  Almost like saying, "Please be happy for both of us."

Indeed, the more I think about it, the more enticing the prospect of seeing Amiga-chan dolled up is for me as well.  Gala dress it is!  I know Pitkin would happily pay to see that.  ^___^

QuoteC-Chan wrote:
QuoteHAHAHA!!! ^v^
Required reading, then... ^v^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os-tan

Read the section entitled "Breast Size, Hunger and Memory", and you'll see what I mean. ^.^
[lecherous] Guess a girl needs at least one venue to talk dirty. ^w^

*sits down and waits for Amiga-chan to crash*

Remember me that I must introduce you to Amiga Ram-Disk option included into her deep, making her consuming large amounts of RAM with unexpected dynamic results...

Haha!  I know this requires some added clarification to anyone new to this conversation.  ^__^

Essentially, Raffaele-san and I are exploring new and exciting ways to spice up the Guru Meditation crashes of Amiga-chan.  ^__^
Thus far, the self-diagnosis options can lead to rather XPesque-style humor.  I like it.  ^__^

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "C-Chan"
A continuation of our undocumented discussions if you will.  ^^

Yes, as I said on PM, feel free to made it public.

========================

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"Welcome again.

Tell me about your journey.

Spanned all continents except Antarctica (that'll be next month), in search of rare and delicious coins.  ^__^
Met tons of beautiful ladies that had no problem being around a talking pig.  ^__^
And drew to my hearts content.  ^v^

We all saw the photos...

And be prepared to be "crunched" because you just passed to Italy without saluting "the Family"...

http://home.flash.net/~rayearle/Gfiles/Godfather.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

(Here you an spot an ancient image of an U.S. Gold videogame (for Amiga and AtariST featuring our "patron")

Besides, I yearn to make a chibi MOSchan.  ^v^

Well... just wait and see...

Speaking of which, I should've clarified the whole Mother>Daughter bit regarding her and Amiga.
I use the term "Daughter" loosely here, since it only means MorphOS shares "material" from Amiga, but not necessarily that she was nurtured, lived with or was physically conceived by Amiga (unlike with Windows NT and all the modern Windows-tans that everyone likes).  The actual term for MorpOS (or AROS) would be a "clone" of Amiga, but naturally "Daughter" is sweeter and much more personal label that the kinder OS-tans (like Amiga-san) would use.  "Clone" is better used for the shakier relationships, such as VMS with Windows NT or Unix with Linux back in the early 90's.  ^__^

Hope that this flowchart could help you:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/9/97/AmigaOS_evolution.png

BTW, have you thought of an AROS-tan at all?

Nope, because you announced you are working at it.

I'd like to draw one along with chibi MOSchan (she and AROSkitty would be protecting AROS-tan), but if you have one planned I wouldn't want to step over your work or ignore any of your design concepts.  '__'

Chibi AROS-Tan playing with AROS Kitty, and MorphOS chan supervisioning the little girl playing with cat will be KAWAIII and funny...

As you saw from flowchart AROS and MorphOS are mutually depending each other because they share the same AmigaDOS (command line interface "keyboard only" GUI) like engine, because MorphOS team asked AROS team the permission to include their Open Source DOS module into MorphOS, as in those times (5 or 6 years ago) it was almost ready and already available.

- She is younger-looking.  If MOSchan is still 17, I'd put AROS as a 12 or 13 body-type.
- Not sure of the hair color, but it would only be of medium length and only slightly wild (the current mascot's hair suits a much older body-type).
- I always picture her with winter gear for some reason -- a nice plush burgundy coat, grey stretch pants, white mittens and boots (likely thinking of the mascot again)
- She has a small tail and drooped cat ears.
- Her eyes are feline and also very penetrating -- though a pacifist, her looks deters aggressors.
- She is not a magical girl like MOSchan but she is clairvoyant, able to listen to the thoughts and feelings of animals, inanimate objects, and other sounds inaudible to MOSchan or Amiga-chan.  (x86 systems are more widespread than PPC and Pegasos -- so she's more "in-tune" to a greater user base)
- She is intelligent, but shy and reserved, and somewhat insecure about her abilities or the power she could be wielding with more confidence.
- Her companion AROSKitty, however, is bold and aggressive, and in a way looks after AROS-tan until she can finally fully fend for herself.

I believe it is all good, and it will be pretty to have AROS-tan with tail and cat ears playing with an AROS kitty (a sort of tributing homage to Eric W. Schwartz)

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"I agree about her '80 dress and about the Gala dress...

'80 dress is really good:

See here for example Sandybell '80 cartoon:

Wow, you're right!  The girl to the right is definitely spot-on to the kind of clothing I'm looking for.  ^__^
Might need to change the color slightly to make it more "Commodore"-looking, but otherwise excellent observation Raffaele-san!  ^v^

A little reminder for those who knows nothing of Sandybell(Sandybelle)

http://www.arabiatower.com/shop/images/sandybell.jpg

Now it's just a matter of actually getting to the drawing.... -v-'
It'll include her, Commodore PET, VIC-20, 64 and 128, all in their former uniforms and colors, so that'll definitely take a while.... ^v^;

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"And she also is an orphan and when adult she is working as freelance journalist all around the world...

Already have her as a freelance artist, but as communication is important I can definitely see her creating more than a fair share of newsletters and exposes. And naturally she excels at video editing, so it'd be a good way to keep her skills from dulling.

Don't forget Audio skills. For all age of 8 bit audio, Amiga was the best, and teached music even to MS-DOS and Windows upto 3.1/3.11.

An entire generation of PC musicians was grown with AmigaMod files played on their 8bit Soundblasters...

Do you remember .MOD files and MOD players and Soundtracker editors?

And more...

Did you know that:

All Information Technology of an Amiga program called Bars&Pipes was bought by Microsoft because its internal structure was used to get inspiration and create the audio section of DirectX.

Bars & Pipes

http://www.hobby.nl/~commodore-gg/nieuwtjes/BarsPipes.gif

http://home.scarlet.be/~rj031613/stephenm/images/links/barsandpipes1.jpg

In that case, AcornMOS-tan would likely seek Amiga-chan's sevices quite a bit (AcornMOS = OS for old BBC Micro computer).  ^___^

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"May you haven't noticed it, but Amiga was the second coloured GUI interface in the history of computing right on the market (Atari ST preceded it of six months if I remember well... Or was just it the opposite?)

But Amiga sure was the first GUI of which any user could hange aspect, colours and even editing mousepointer and icons...

Sho she should have an enormous collection of dresses of various colors, including a Gala one...

Hehe, I see what you mean.  It's also a nice way to compensate for the lack of release-specific OS-tans -- whereas the Windows girls have the luxury of having one OS-tan for each major release, poor Amiga-chan only has herself.  ;__;

That does it then, time to consider some new clothing for her.  ^__^

Indeed I'll definitely do the 80's Commodore pic and the gala dress -- after that, we'll think of more styles for her to try out.  ^__^

As far as the gala dress goes, I'd like to pair her with at least another OS-tan in the same pic.  Or maybe even an OS-kun, as it was originally intended as a date scene.  Just not sure who in either case, and probably can wait till the time is right.  ^^;

The screenshots I shown you may help you figuring the various other GUI look&feel aspect.

See also here:

Workbench Nostalgia site:

http://www.gregdonner.org/workbench/  

All the various versions of Amiga GUI...

Funny you mentioned the Atari's GUI, btw.
That would be GEM-tan, no?

Aurora-created one a while back, and it is in fact GEM-tan who (according to the date scenario I described) handcrafts the boing-ball crystal earrings that accompany the gala dress.  I guess now there's an added dimension to this, since Amiga was able to live the life that GEM wanted but ultimately was denied.  Almost like saying, "Please be happy for both of us."

Amiga can wear more and more dresses than you can imagine...

Amiga emulated in those times all other systems, Including:

PC Intel 8088 MSDOS, PC 80286, PC 80386SX and DX and 80486SLC and running upto Windows 3.11.

This was done either by hardware emulators and software emulators (8088 and 286) when Amiga reached high speed 68040 and 68060.

Amiga Sidecar gives Amiga1000 a complete PC 8088 at its side. She power it with her graphics facilities.

In the photo you can see Amiga Workbench Screen underneath, with PC screen on the front going upsy-daisy, thanks to unique Amiga capability of scrolling screens of various resolutions...

http://pages.total.net/~hrothgar/museum/A1060/Running.JPG

Amiga A2091 Bridgeboard 286 card for Amigas with expansion card slots:

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/items/a2091.jpg

Vortex pc-ATOnce gives power of 286 (complete with CGA EGA and VGA) into Amiga500:

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/atonce-2.jpg

Amiga Vortex Golden Gate 486SLC and VGA card for Amigas with expansion card slots:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/display_photos/vortex486slc.jpg

She also emulated in those times Atari ST thru emulators like the german Medusa:

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/1990/8/94

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/90/08/094/@00050@/minpic01.jpg

Or even Macintosh:

AMax Amiga card to read ROMS of macintosh and connect Mac "variable speed" floppy disk readers:

http://amiga.resource.cx/photos/amax2.jpg

Shapeshifter:

http://shapeshifter.cebix.net/

http://www.cucug.org/amiga/images/ss.gif

http://gilles.mathevet.free.fr/images/speedmac.jpg

Emplant Macintosh emulator card emulates various other computers like PC 286:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/display_photos/emplant_4_sm.jpg

And an image of explicit text buried into silicon of Emplant card:

http://www.amiga-hardware.com/display_photos/emplant_3_sm.jpg

Fusion:

http://www.haage-partner.de/com/products/fu_d.htm

(Amiga was particularily skilled in emulating Atari and Macintosh due to the fact the shared same Motorola 68000 family of processors)  ;010

Also Amiga generates various replacements to standard workbench GUI:

Here is ScalOS:

http://www.amigau.com/amigarealm/thisoldworkbench/images/fig1302.gif

Directory Opus: A directory Lister which then evolved in a complete GUI called Magellan:

http://www.config.freeuk.com/amiga/progs/dopus.gif

http://www.sk.co.yu/1998/06/skpd05.gif

here follows two images too big:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gurgel/pics/GurgelWB_981213.PNG

http://wfmh.org.pl/projects/pl/img/galeria/dopus5.gif

AROS Zune/Wanderer:

http://aros.sourceforge.net/pictures/screenshots/20060901/AROSTCPConfig-Profile.jpeg

MorphOS Ambient:

http://imgs.idnes.cz/software/A040330_MORPHOS3_N.JPG

http://www.azt-ev.de/MorphOS_Screens/MorphOS1_3_Screens/MOScreen17.jpg

(Hei! C-OneTAN will be happy for this! Here in the player you can spot Jeri Ellsworth the mommy of Commodore-One, aka C-ONE computer)

Also programs into Amiga can have their own graphics (their own dress) even in personal screens separate from main Amiga screen:

http://www.amiga-magazin.de/magazin/a04-04/amigaos4/bild003.gif

http://www.juergen-lange-edv.de/Amiga/pictures/Office_01.jpg

http://www.totalamiga.org/images/diary_cover_full.jpg

http://www.rendering.de/uploads/news/leidwave1.jpg

http://www.config.freeuk.com/amiga/progs/dpaint.gif

These facts:

Enanchement of GUI engines to became object oriented

Multiple different GUI solutions

Emulation of other systems of the market

it all let us free to create any kind of Gala dress for Amiga-TAN

Also her name "Amiga" it is the anagram of "Magia" that in latin stands for "Magic"...

And the fact she could emulates also other systems changing face with "shapeshifter" let us free eventually to render her graphically as a Mahou Shojo, a Magical Girl...

Added after 15 hours 19 minutes:

;015  OH!

I forgot to mention new Feelin interface for all Amigas (AmigaOS MorphOS, AROS)

It is based on XML intenal engine.

http://feelin.gofromiel.com/screens/officials/hi/20050822.png

http://feelin.gofromiel.com/screens/officials/hi/20050811.png
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Hehe,... FYI, it's probably best not to try and PM C-One.
She's forbidden from participating in anything outside of the Annex thread, which is why you've never seen her in any other thread.  ^__^

Well, with that out of the day.  -v-

QuoteWe all saw the photos...

And be prepared to be "crunched" because you just passed to Italy without saluting "the Family"...

Hoho,... who says I didn't?  `v'
But I ain't gonna make it public if I did, of course.  ^-^

If I recall, wasn't the Amiga and AtariST capable of 16-bit gaming long before consoles?  Yes, I believe that's right.  -v-

QuoteHope that this flowchart could help you:

Oh right, that's the one I saw on Wiki too.
Essentially, that's the very flowchart that gave me the idea!  ^v^

Before that I was like.... MorphOS what?  AROS who?  ^__^;

QuoteNope, because you announced you are working at it.

My schedule is packed, but a MorphOS/AROS chibi pic can't take me too long.  I'll start once you've finalized MOSchan.  That way, you'll have time to design her the way you want, and I'll have time to finish the Captain's picture.  -v-

QuoteChibi AROS-Tan playing with AROS Kitty, and MorphOS chan supervisioning the little girl playing with cat will be KAWAIII and funny...

As you saw from flowchart AROS and MorphOS are mutually depending each other because they share the same AmigaDOS (command line interface "keyboard only" GUI) like engine, because MorphOS team asked AROS team the permission to include their Open Source DOS module into MorphOS, as in those times (5 or 6 years ago) it was almost ready and already available.

Gyaaah!!!  That sounds impossibly cute!  ^v^
I'm in the process of watching an anime series called "Karin".  It's strictly speaking a comedy, but one episode with the main character Karin and her younger sister Anju was very heartwarming, and made me think a lot about the MorpOS/AROS pairing.  I wouldn't actually see AROS-tan smothering her "onee-chan", but there definitely would be sisterly love of the most charming kind.

QuoteI believe it is all good, and it will be pretty to have AROS-tan with tail and cat ears playing with an AROS kitty (a sort of tributing homage to Eric W. Schwartz)

Hehe,... a "tribute" is the safest thing, but it should also work to enhance the cuteness in its own way.  Heck, if it works for 3.1-sama,...

QuoteDon't forget Audio skills. For all age of 8 bit audio, Amiga was the best, and teached music even to MS-DOS and Windows upto 3.1/3.11.

An entire generation of PC musicians was grown with AmigaMod files played on their 8bit Soundblasters...

Do you remember .MOD files and MOD players and Soundtracker editors?

And more...

Did you know that:

All Information Technology of an Amiga program called Bars&Pipes was bought by Microsoft because its internal structure was used to get inspiration and create the audio section of DirectX.

Bars & Pipes

Gyaah!!  MS bastards pillaged everything!  >_<
But oh well, que sera sera.... -v-

The music part can be added too, but methinks that's where we start getting into the drama she used to have with her stepsister C64-tan.  
Cause PANchan was known for her excellent musical ear as well, and would've scorned Amiga's attempts to "steal the title".

She would've kept on doing art and video, since these were impossible for "Onee-san" to handle.  But I can see Amiga-chan surpressing her own musical talent so as to not overshadow her sister's.  This habit would carry through to the present day, only now C64-tan would've long gone over that petty jealousy.  Now she actively encourages Amiga-chan to let people hear her beautiful singing voice, although easier said than done give her complex. -v-

QuoteThe screenshots I shown you may help you figuring the various other GUI look&feel aspect.

See also here:

Workbench Nostalgia site:

http://www.gregdonner.org/workbench/

All the various versions of Amiga GUI...

*cries*  That's just said that OS4 is there, taunting us.
And we can't use it (the full version, anyway)..... ;____;

QuoteAmiga can wear more and more dresses than you can imagine...

OMG, that's a lot of pictures.  ^^;
Couldn't have presented those points better even if you had written them on me with a marker.  ^___^;

(and heck, you even slipped in the MorphOS and AROS GUIs in there too)

There's certainly no lack of will to make more costumes for Amiga-san, now that it's become more and more clear that she deserves a far more powerful leadership role.  Certainly her ability to "emualate" other systems so easily makes it easier to understand why she's so remarkably charismatic to the vintage-tans (and everyone she meets, for that matter).

Now it's just an issue of time.  ^v^'
But emulation does present some interesting cosplay possibilities.  -v-

*images Amiga dressed up as 3.11-sama, holding AROSkitty for effect*

GYAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!  ^V^

*plots and schemes other cute things*  ^.^

These facts:

Enanchement of GUI engines to became object oriented

Multiple different GUI solutions

Emulation of other systems of the market

it all let us free to create any kind of Gala dress for Amiga-TAN

Also her name "Amiga" it is the anagram of "Magia" that in latin stands for "Magic"...

And the fact she could emulates also other systems changing face with "shapeshifter" let us free eventually to render her graphically as a Mahou Shojo, a Magical Girl...

Hehe... that's an interesting way of putting it, and would offer some logical connection to MorphOS-tan's magical girl abilities.  ^__^

But while I would love seeing Amiga as a magical girl, that seems like a secret weapon we can keep hidden away until a climactic moment warrants it.

I mean, she grew up in an environment where her stepsisters never supported her, her company stifled her potential, and her users never really needed anything overly powerful (users requiring "magic" could simply ask AMIX-tan for help), so there was no way for her to realize her magical girl potential then.  And nowadays, she keeps her own potential down so as not to distance herself from her vintage friends.  You can't realize what you don't want, need or don't know you have.  -__-

But surely one day, something terrible might happen.  The Binteji Renmei could be invaded, her sisters could be in trouble,... or MorpOS/AROS could be in peril.  Naturally she would desperately try to help them, only to quickly come to the realization that years of her own neglect has left her powerless to help her friends/sisters/daughters.  Still that won't stop her, and she'll keep trying even if it costs her her life.

And just when things get the most dramatic....

With a passionate yell and a blinding late.....

Her true form.... Magia-sama.....

It's the stuff of legends, I tell ya.  ^__^

QuoteOH!

I forgot to mention new Feelin interface for all Amigas (AmigaOS MorphOS, AROS)

It is based on XML intenal engine.

Hehe,.. methinks that's too many pictures.  ^___^;
Sorry if my brain can't handle all that data.  -v-;

*brain explodes*

*swoons*

C-One

Cccc ccc....

*cleans up mess left behind by exploding C-chan*

10 ? "Ellsworth-sama..."

*grovels with reverence before image of Jeri Ellsworth*

C-One

Cccccc!

10 ? "Updated MacOS9.2-tan profile in the House of Mac section."
20 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows*

30 GOTO 20

Aurora Borealis

Saw the update and 9.2-tan's avi is really cute! Btw, how is C-Chan doing on those other Mac-tan avis?

C-One

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Chotto matte kudasai."

*beckons Fark-tan over*

*borrows printed signs and starts looking through them*

*pulls out sign that reads "Slacking Off"*

C-Chan

[continued from http://ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?p=12674#12674]

QuoteI didn't save the proposal of Warp-tan at Futaba. I'm calling my memory and it probably looked like this. I have tried to find the image again for many times at everywhere but it fails. And in addition, the proposal image didn't seem to be drawn by the proposer. Maybe he picked a game CG or something and just put "OS/2 Warp" logo onto it. It didn't get comments at all.

*sigh*  That does strike me as odd considering how important OS/2 was in relation to Windows back in the past.
But then Linux is still largely ignored in the OS-tan scene, so maybe that's not so odd?  '__'

Admittedly, before I began learning about OS-tans, I didn't know OS/2 existed.  ^____^;

Like most users, my world then revolved around Windows and Apple and this elite thing called "Linux", although once I heard about this exotic Operating System called "BeOS".  And that was all I knew.....  -v-'

QuoteI'm running OS/2 related web site in Japan and have connections between some worldwide OS/2 webmasters. So if we need to ask OS/2 users something, please let me do it. Most of OS/2 users are old enough to hesitate 2D stuff, however. (OS2World.com is polling to ask which animal is good to be eComStation's mascot....eh, animal!?)

Haha!  Animal.... ^__^'
For eComstation, I'm surprised they're debating such a silly thing.  -v-

Obviously a swan makes the best animal mascot for eCS, and I've already seen several used on wallpapers.
Clumsy and old-fashioned outside of its element, but graceful and majestic within its element.  ^___^

Then again, maybe they'll modernize the interface a little in eCS 2.0 so it won't have that 1990's feel to it.  If that were the case, I would purchase it definitely.  ^.^

Thank you for the offer to liason with other OS/2 users, by the way.  ^___^
I'm not very knowledgeable about technical stuff for ANY system, so I'd be too shy to approach OS/2 users who are surely the elite of the elite.  ^v^'

I can't even summon up the courage to approach an AmigaOS forum, even though I've heard Amigans are notoriously friendly (albeit a little elitist themselves... ^^')

QuoteShould I list unique points of OS/2 here?
- Branched from same root of WinNT.
- User says "OS/2 is very stable". doubtful in many cases...
- Many companies used to use it for mission critical system (e.g. automated teller machine of bank).
- GUIed OS but requires small memory. (I tried 8MB system. It took 20 minutes to boot...but it did work!)
- Enough modern OS (DVD playable, DVD burnable, Firefox workable, USB usable) but nobody knows.
- IBM stopped OS/2 support at end of 2006.

Sadly I haven't gotten a chance to write OS/2-tans's biography on the Annex page, so most of the details for her character are still stuck in my head.  ^^'
But based on what I read before and what you're telling me here, this is how her backstory is more or less:

- In my backstory, OS/2-tan was born during the era when Microsoft (M$) and IBM were still cooperating.  It was a cloistered childhood -- she had everything she needed, but saw or dealt with few other OS-tans in the market outside of her immediate family:  Windows 1.0-tan, MSDOS-tan, PCDOS-tan, Xenix-tan.  

- OS/2-tan was trained from the start to be the operating system of the future -- although she was a nice girl, she would at times come off as a little overconfident and arrogant.  When Windows 2.0-tan was born, for example, OS/2-tan took pity on what she thought would be the "last Windows" ever created, and looked after her like an overprotective step sister.  Soon both would become genuinely friendly though.

- Naturally, 3.0-tan's birth and rumors of M$'s secret collaborations with non-IBM entities (to creat NT), were (to not get too much into details) what broke up the family.  I will leave the cause of the breakup ambiguous -- but rather than say that IBM betrayed M$ or M$ betrayed IBM, I'm convinced that it was purely intentional.  IBM may have lost money in their software business, but since then made a fortune in the hardware business catering to "WinRot".  ^___^

- OS/2-tan would take the loss of her family hard, but was still firmly loyal to her company.  Plus it was her hope that in defeating the WIndows line, the victor could decide the rules,... hence, she would fight in order to get her family back.

- It was during the so-called "OS Wars" of the mid 90's that she finally got a chance to face off against the Windows champion (95-tan) -- the battle that ensued was long and hard, and although OS/2-tan almost succeeded, her company accidentally(?) sabotaged her effort, handing the victory to 95-tan.

- This loss + IBM's growing indifference to her + watching the world fall in love with (in her mind) devious OS-tans + her own lonely life, are what begin to drive her a bit insane and vengeful. Since she was still too loyal to take out her frustrations on IBM, she focused all of it on the Windows-tans.

- The section on the Anti$oft Coalition is in the front page of my Annex, but she does get funding for it by brokering various "financial assets" (e.g. automated teller machines).  ^__~

- In a potential story idea, it's shortly after IBM discontinues her (12/31/2006) that events lead her to discover the truth behind IBM's own treachery.  The truth is naturally devastating, but also liberating especially now that she has friends and "family" (eCS) by her to support her.  After that, her personality and vengefulness softens considerably.

As for her personality:
- At the moment she is cold and professional, and not particulary friendly unless you're a user or a Star Trek fan (based on the old version names).  Deep inside, however, she is still a natural-born leader and very considerate (leftover traits from her childhood).

- She has a strong vendetta against all Windows-tans -- and it's usually during fights where OS/2 the cold and calculating fighter destablizes into a berserk, trigger-happy mess.

- Her uniform is Star Trek inspired, and she uses a phaser as a primary weapon (but lately it hasn't worked very well due to part shortages,.. due in turn to poor sales in her business and no support from her no-good company).  ^^'

- Her long hair has a life of its own, and can branch out into several "threads" like an octopus that independently handle different tasks.  Very useful at the office, and gives her an added advantage in fights -- but unlike eCS-tan who can generate many more threads, OS/2-tan is limited to the mass of her hair.  ^__^'

- Her only OS-tan friends are all part of the Anti$oft Coalition right beside her, and include RISC OS-tan, TRS-DOS-tan and QNX-tan (part-time).  All of them are, or where, sleeper hits in the OS market, so I thought they'd make for a nice and odd group of friends.  ^__^
All out of humor can be had from the mismatched chemistry between them, the botched plans to destroy M$, and the constant funding problems.

- eCS-tan isn't a member of the A$C, but instead is OS/2-tan's self-proclaimed biggest fan and little sister.  OS/2-tan has always been put off by the young girl's energy, cheerfulness and clinginess to her, but admires her powers and her great potential.  She slowly but surely warms up to eCS-tan, and slowly discovers additional secrets about her.

Sorry, I think might have bored you.  ^___^'

QuoteWow thank you!
I set it to my server's wallpaper(^^)

Whoops!  Oh no, I'm not finished with that yet.... ^^'
I need to shade, highlight and add 4 more characters behind her.... ^v^'

Added after 11 hours 10 minutes:

I'm sorry, couldn't continue work on the wallpaper today.  -___-

Will try again tomorrow though.  ^__^

The end product will look great on your WorkPlaceShell snapshot, I hope.  ^v^

By the way, you know I'm basing the montage on this artist's work, correct?  'v'

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10622/1159794128689.jpg

C-Chan

*sigh*  No good,... I think weekdays (or at least on THIS week) aren't very good for me, cause I lose a great deal of efficiency drawing at weird hours.  ^^;

Oh well, some minor progress...

Finished adding the rest of the details to OS/2-tan and her flag.  No shading yet, or other characters.  eCS-tan will be next.  ^.^

Raffaele the Amigan

C-Chan?

Regarding Sandybell and the fact she looks like your Amiga-TAN, here is to you two links that may help you:

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sandybell

Italian historical opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9jLalN3uk

Unfortunately in the opening you could see her only as a girl, and not adolescent or mature with her complete style- look wearing the hat.

Only in the fixed image used as background of the title of the episode, you could spot her a bit, while wearing the hat and flashing photos. But I think it is not just enough for you.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

C-Chan

Fufufu.... you overestimate me, Raffaele-san.  ^__^
I'm uber-easy to satisfy.  ^v^

The fixed image you sent me before was enough, but certainly seeing Sandy Belle in motion was a real treat!  ^___^
You're right, even if it is the younger version, she captures the spirit of Amiga-tan spot-on!  ^v^

(Besides, Amiga-chan had to been young at some point, so it gives me some interesting ideas on how I could depict her in an 80's rendition along side her Commodore stepsisters.)  ^.^

Thanks for finding those, Raffaele-san!  ^___^

Sorry, btw, if I'm currently in an OS/2 mindset, but I'll return back to the Amigold's shortly.  ^.^
I still have that rendition of Amiga-san in that gala dress to finish.  ^^;

Added after 13 hours 15 minutes:

Had a few stalls, but managed to squeeze in some time to work on the OS/2 montage!  ^v^

Current additions include eComstation-tan.  ^__^

Still missing 3 other characters and shading...  ^v^'
Sorry for the slow progress.  ^___^;

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/A$C3.png

Added after 12 hours 28 minutes:

UPDATE!!!  ^__^

RISC OS-tan added!  ^v^

Two more characters to go, plus shading... ^.^

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/A$C4.png

Added after 8 hours 46 minutes:

Yay!  Managed to squeeze in QNX-sama very quickly.  ^__^

One more character to go + shading....