HardwareTAN SAM 440 EP Samantha-TAN

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, January 24, 2007, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffaele the Amigan

In November at 10th "Pianeta Amiga" Exhibit in Empoli (Florence, Italy) a group of 3 Amiga italian resellers presented a new motherboard.

She is aimed at Linux, embedded solutions, and (just hear this fact!) she could be the new Amiga platform of tomorrow.

There are rumors of agreements being running between ACUBE (the new firm which collect the three italian resellers under one brand) and Amiga Inc. + Hyperion.

Here are some infos and features:

http://www.sam440.com

Could Samantha do the magic and being the new Amiga?

I hope so, and in the meanwhile I created an HardwareTAN.

You must know that Sam440EP is made developing further an evaluation motherboard called YOSEMITE.

And this name just recalls in the mind of our three resellers of Yosemite Sam from Bugs Bunny.

Hence they named thier platform as a daughter or a nephew of Yosemite Sam.

Here is how Samantha was born!

And here is to you my very first attempt sketch of Samantha-TAN

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Exa

Heh, this Samantha-Tan really have a style! I really approve this!  ;010

CaptBrenden

oy -_- i hate that false cowboy/girl look.. Im from a ranch in montana.. no real selfrespecting cowperson wears something like that.  However you drew it very well.  I do like her hair style quite a bit
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

YAY!!!  Another shot at success for Amiga-sama!!! ^V^
I'm not a hardware expert, but anything with a low enough power consumption that purportedly doesn't require a cooling system sounds good to me... ^__^

QuoteSAM440EP is the first modular motherboard produced by us. Sam's CORE is the PowerPC 440, a System On Chip (SoC) produced by AMCC under license from IBM.

One of the main features of the PowerPC 440EP is the presence, together with the CPU, of a number of integrated peripherals. This allows us to build a complete system with a huge savings of both development and debug time, with less components and space used on the PCB. This also results in a significant cost reduction for the customer.

As a consequence the northbridge/southbridge combination (like the ArticiaS/VIA686B) is not present on the board. Part of their functionality is built into the CPU and the balance is provided by other components and devices.

For the specific model of CPU mounted on SAM, the 440EP, we have the following integrated peripherals:

- DDR memory controller

- PCI controller

- Flash memory devices controller

- USB 1.1 host and USB 2.0 device controller

- 2 Ethernet 10/100 ports

- Up to 4 serial ports

- 2 I2C interfaces

- SPI interface

- 64 pins for General Purpose I/O

Physically the 440EP is a chip of 35mmx35mm, with a PBGA packaging with 456 pins. It is built with CMOS (0.13 um) technology, has a very low power consumption (only 3 Watts at 533Mhz) and it does not require any active cooling system.

I wonder just how much this "cost savings" will be.  ^__^

And I have to say, if Yosemite Samantha was around when I was young, I would've had a more interesting childhood. Great work and uber cute (especially the hair) ^__^

I'm glad to see that everything seems OK with you now.  ^.^

Soooo,.....

*lecherous smile*

Any progress on finalizing MOS-chan?  ^_________^

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"oy -_- i hate that false cowboy/girl look.. Im from a ranch in montana.. no real selfrespecting cowperson wears something like that.

Well... Country Music singers and cheerleaders often dress that way...  ;020

(And perhaps also some ladies in peep hardcore shows un-dress that way... Whoops!) ;062 ;043

(And yes. I must be blamed for the gorgeous design of the Tan and the lapsed button on the skirt... Which could might intend something sexy, but it is just too tight skirt...

/he whistles with innocent behaviour, as a kid who stolen candies.) ;151 ;155

Quote from: "C-Chan"Any progress on finalizing MOS-chan? ^_________^

Finishing cleansing the traces of the excercise-book which has printed chekered lines on it.

Next step will be inking and then colorizing.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

CaptBrenden

sorry if my opinon offends -_- but its an image.. alot of califonians dress like that too.. they go to honky tonk bars, dip, and watch rodeo on TV.. but most of them have never even riden a horse, havent put up hay, or shoveled a manuer pile before.  Its just a pet peve thats ben ingrained into me sorry...

but your drawing dispite my opinon of that "fashion" Is very cute. Her hair is awsome and her facial expresion is cute.  <_< >_> and she has those nice perky breasts.. *ahem* and the Idea, where you came up with it is very cool too.

If I may be so bold, as for the art, its very good.  Anatomy, hands especialy could use a little work but isnt bad.  A few warm up pages filled with nothing but hands will help with that in a very short time.  The sketch however is very very clean.. which is something I have a horible problem with, and for that I applaud you.

Now questions:  What is her personality?  Why is it so?  Is it based on anything that corelates to the system?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"sorry if my opinon offends

Nope... You live in Montana. It is a professional note, and a lesson in life.

I saw many many movies and documentaries and I am informed that professional cowgirls don't  use blue jeans cut as panties.

I used as model Catherine Bach acting as Daisy Duke in Hazzard TV serial of '80s.

Quotealot of califonians dress like that too..

I know that...  ;010  ;012

And I LIKE IT... (Insert drolling emoticon here)

Quotethey go to honky tonk bars, dip, and watch rodeo on TV.. but most of them have never even riden a horse, havent put up hay, or shoveled a manuer pile before.  Its just a pet peve thats ben ingrained into me sorry...

I think of her as a bounty girl, not a cow-girl with some enormous self-exsteem because she knows she is cute. She has also a strong personality and bad-rage character as her uncle Sam, and she dress so because she uses her body to distract criminals she must capture.

but your drawing dispite my opinon of that "fashion" Is very cute.

Thanks indeed...  ;012

QuoteHer hair is awsome and her facial expresion is cute.  <_< >_> and she has those nice perky breasts.. *ahem* and the Idea, where you came up with it is very cool too.

:smoke:

If I may be so bold, as for the art, its very good.  Anatomy, hands especialy could use a little work but isnt bad.  A few warm up pages filled with nothing but hands will help with that in a very short time.  The sketch however is very very clean.. which is something I have a horible problem with, and for that I applaud you.

And you don't have noticed that the pistol she holds in her left hand it is all messy up... ;151 ;155

But, yes. Hands and fingers are a very pain to draw...

Expecially japan style fingers always drawn as long and thin as noble ladies.

Now questions:  What is her personality?  Why is it so?  Is it based on anything that corelates to the system?

I explained her personality a little above of this point.

As being a bounty catcher she is extremely versatile, and uses to keep undercover actions.
Many characteristics are underneath, so i don't know how to show it, as FPGA Altera chip built into her, that makes her capable of emulating Amiga A1200 system chipset.

She has also LVDP connector so she could make direct use of LCD screens built for laptops. But again it is a feature difficult to render in some ways.

I am wondering of other features and how to show it.

Oh yes. She has red hair as her uncle Yosemite Sam.  ;012  ;010
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

SleepyD

you know who she reminds me of?
Gemini Sunrise from Sakura Wars:
http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX04027

the Californians I hang out with are nerds, so rarely see such a thing. ^^

...unless I go to Hollywood.  You see lots of things there. >.>

NewYinzer

Veeery nice! I like your thinking and design! It seems we have a new resident artist...

C-Chan

Tsk tsk, Newyinzer.... -v-

Surely all that studying has made you forget about Raffaele-san's previous tour de force,....

MOS-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
(better known as MorphOS-tan, also referred to in some exclusive circles as "Amiga-tan's daughter"... ^.^)

That there beauty was enough to admit Raffaele-san into the Resident Artist's hall of fame.  ^___^

Everything else is uphill from there.  -v-

QuoteFinishing cleansing the traces of the excercise-book which has printed chekered lines on it.

Next step will be inking and then colorizing.

SWEET!!!  ^V^
You may have noticed from the Exit thread that I'm currently back to an OS/2-tan phase....  -v-'

But I'll finish that up as quickly as possible, so that when you're done with MOS-chan, I'll be able to fawn over her day in and day out.  ^.^

And then comes the chibi, with a little AROS-chan to go with it.  ^v^

*squeals with delight*

The Amigold family is getting larger!  ^____^

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "SleepyD"you know who she reminds me of?
Gemini Sunrise from Sakura Wars:
http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX04027

WOW! True!  o_o  ;010

This proofs that there is nothing new under the sun.

And she is born from an intuition idea by Kosuke Fujishima Sensei a very talented artist I admire for its masterworks "AA! Megamisama!" (Oh my Goddess) and "Taiho Shichauzo" (You are under arrest.).

Unfortunately "Sakura Taisen" (Sakura Wars) is has been not yet serialized in Italy.

Regarding the look of Gemini and Samantha, for example I knew of another anime cowgirl:

Mimi Tachikawa from Digimon TV series, and she has also red hair!

Now you show me the beautiful Gemini Sunrise, and she has again red hair...

Wow! She has got really numbers!

And in the end Yosemite Samantha has took her red hair from her uncle Sam.

Sure there should be a curse that requires obliged red hair for Anime Cowgirls.  ;012

[EDIT]
Here is a gift to you.

Because you signalled me of Gemini, here I want to signal you this model from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu:

1/6 Scale Pre-painted PVC Figure - Mikuru Asahina

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-1qce.html
[EDIT END]
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

SleepyD

nyaha, it's Asahina.  Poor thing.  Getting molested and who knows what by Haruhi.  Sankyuu~

nyoho, although I'd think Mimi acts more like a normal Japanese girl than a stereotypical cowgirl (whatever that is). ^^

nyuhu, I discovered Gemini playing at a Sony store in Singapore.  I had no idea what I was playing, and later I discovered who the heck she was. ^^

um... uh... nyoron~

Spysweeper

Nice designs I like the one on the bottom alot