Main Menu

Starforge

Started by NejinOniwa, June 27, 2012, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Okay, so.
You take Minecraft.
Add Halo-esque graphics and guns.
Then you remove the obligatory payments.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/31/starforge-has-blocks-building-much-much-more/
http://www.forgeplanet.net/index.php

Will report back once I've actually tried it, but it sounds and looks AMAZING. <3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

Okay. Physics are WONKY. This is an extremely early alpha though, so I guess it's understandable.
Graphics...

Just.
Wow.

Maxed it out to try, ran flawlessly and looked FUCKING AMAZING. The monsters were a bit lacking in texture, but again, extremely early alpha.
Block/Building control was difficult, not as intuitive as MC is. But I think that has to do with the wonky physics.
Not much music to speak of, I guess they'll get around to it.

Overall, while there are a lot of bugs and weird things going on, and a general lack of intuitivity and features, that can very much be overlooked with consideration to the promise of this game. For a first playable build of a game, I'd say they're doing pretty fucking well. I will be keeping track of this.

Nichi

That does look really cool. I'll have to keep an eye on it

Chocofreak13

i have to admit, i'm sold. but i want to wait till i can get a more capable computer before i play. TK's life is hard enough. >>;

btw, when it comes to the wonky physics, has anyone ever considered that that's supposed to be that way? it IS set on another planet, after all. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Obviously buggy =/= wonky. I guess it will still be wonky later on though, and as long as the bugs are ironed out I am ok with that...

Chocofreak13

what specs does it require? i'm likely going to wait to get it till i can get a more capable laptop, but if i could run this thing on tanky i'll get it now. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Fairly certain it won't, but you could try. The download isn't even 300 megs.

As for specs, check the site? Since OMEGA runs anything and everything provided she's got the software, i never bother checking lol

Chocofreak13

i'm not too concerned about filesize; if i need more space i'll move some anime to my sister's external.

i'll check on the specs later, thanks.
click to make it bigger