Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chocofreak13 she/they

i needed that laugh. thanks.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage


Chocofreak13 she/they

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

#5478
Have some MORE ponies.


YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage


Chocofreak13 she/they

YAY COMICS

also, ofc that's the reason the CMC don't have their marks yet. that's like, half the plot of the show. without it the show would end. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa


FUN FACT: This runestone (U114, some thousand years old, which stands a few hundred meters away from here down by the railroad), gives the name of the town I live in. Or, well, the west half of it, which I live in. Which is rather impressive, seeing as the current structure of town/municipality was mashed together from a few different parishes in the beginning of the 20th century.

Old town is oooooooooooold. >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13 she/they

i wish america had that kind of history. but compared to the other countries, we're like an 8-year old kid. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella She/her

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 24, 2012, 02:07:07 AM
i wish america had that kind of history. but compared to the other countries, we're like an 8-year old kid. :\

The Pre-Columbian Indigenous Americans would like a word with you, Kari ...

stewartsage


This is one of St. Paul's burial mounds, it's about 2,000 years old.

NejinOniwa

#5485
There's no text on it. :/

Speaking of text, that part is actually really fascinating. I recently downloaded Rundata, which is a database of all runic inscriptions around the world. While I can't read Runic script all that way, the transcribed text is actually comprehensible. FUCK YEAH, I CAN UNDERSTAND OLD NORSE!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella She/her

@Stew: Is that in Saint Paul, Minnesooota?

In other news... today I got to play around with some new art tools...


Nichi


stewartsage


Chocofreak13 she/they

@bella: pretty ^^
and "america" is a country. "north america" is a continent, along with "south america". "central america" is a region.
"america" has only existed for about 250 years, compared with england (about 2,000 or so years if you count the celts) or india and china (10,000+ years)
click to make it bigger