Main Menu

AB 2012

Started by Chocofreak13, March 09, 2012, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

doubt anyone else here is going, but i figured i'd make my own topic here to let you guys know something.

since i'm attending all 3 days, i'll have access to artist's alley and dealer's room all 3. i should also mention that they're having a swap meet this year, meaning there could be older merchandise up for grabs.

as i mentioned in the "your favourite anime" thread, i'm willing to shop on people's behalf if they ask and provide some money. not trying to badger people, it's just that manga runs high cost in or out of a convention, and other items run higher. the other end of the deal is that i might be able to find old, rare, or multiple items for you. last year i walked out of there with a wall scroll and a pile of manga (some of it old/out of print) for a reasonable price.

as it is, i'm likely going to try to pick up little trinkets for people whether they provide funds or not. but if you want something like a figurine or a doujin, you're gonna have to help out. :\

(that said, if anyone wants an autograph from the guests attending, i'll do my best to get one. :3
Japanese Guests:
Haruko Momoi
Kanako Ito
Takamasa Sakurai

Voice Acting Guests:
Caitlin Glass
Carli Mosier
Chris Smith
Christopher Ayres
Greg Ayres
Karen Strassman
Keith Silverstein
Kirk Thornton
Michael Sinterniklaas
Tom Wayland)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Ooh, ooh, maybe pick me up some yuri manga if you find some? But only if it's fairly cheap, cause there's nothing in particular I'm looking for/have my heart set on finding.  : /

stewartsage

We've got Madicon here this weekend, if I can figure out how to get in the god damn building.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on March 09, 2012, 05:08:56 PM
We've got Madicon here this weekend, if I can figure out how to get in the god damn building.

If you figure out how to get in, I'm gonna give you the same request I gave Kari. >w>

Nichi

If you're wondering what items in particular to keep an eye out for me, any of the following would be nice:

- Plushies
- Figurines or action figures
- Manga

Chocofreak13

@bella: yuri is RAAAAAARE. but if i find any (and they have doubles cause i wants too), i'll get it.
@pent: you don't need to worry much since one of those is going to be your birthday present. my idea is likely to put a money limit on it and get as much as i can for the least amount of cash. could result in anything from a single plushie to a couple blind box figures and some manga. :3
@stew: if you go, and they have $1 yaoi/yuri/smut/manga, does want. the $1 stuff is usually the most interesting since it's either out of print, old, or unwanted. or overstock. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Blind box figures? That sounds cool :3

*thinks of the blind bag ponies Stew was talking about*

Chocofreak13

blind box figures are fun when you don't care who you get. when you want a specific figure, it's nervewracking. it's why i'm not buying one of the one piece blind boxes off of the hammergirl anime site. i know that while i'd be happy with any figure, it's the sanji one i'd really, really want.

that said, i'll look for them, as they're usually cheap and multiple. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

anyone else want anything else?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Cheap SNES games!  I only have the two...

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 09, 2012, 10:34:19 PM
anyone else want anything else?

Cheap/cute plushes/figures/knicknacks/souvenirs. I know that sounds super-vague but I really don't know what kind of stuff you'll run across...

Chocofreak13

@stew: i'll keep an eye out at the swap meet, but that sounds like something from PAX East, which is a video game con that happens to be the same weekend this year. though, since those put more emphasis on new stuff, idk if those'll be there. but i know a guy who's going, so i'll ask him to keep an eye out.

@bella: go ahead and be vague, i've seen all of those and more there. i'll likely end up looking for something like that for you in the artist's alley, since you can usually find cute/cheap/unique jewelry there (my friend got me $5 onigiri earrings there one year, and last year i got mushroom earrings). not to mention buttons. SO MANY BUTTONS
click to make it bigger