your favorite anime

Started by Green, June 28, 2007, 09:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

*drops a Phoenix Down on the topic*
Since Kari asked me over Skype what some of my favorite anime where, aside from the few she can remember me mentioning, I decided to dust off this topic and update my list:

- Cardcaptor Sakura
- Digimon (Seasons 1 through 3)
- DNAngel
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Gundam Wing
- G Gundam
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight
- .hack//Sign
- Lucky Star
- Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Outlaw Star
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Bella

My list is pretty much the same as last time, just add Princess Mononoke, Rebuild of Evangelion (so far) and Roberta's Blood Trail to it. (Or is this strictly for favorite anime series and not movies/OAV?)

Nichi

I've seen some OVAs mentioned in this topic before, so why not? :3

Chocofreak13

as far as i'm concerned, anime is the style only, so tv shows/specials, OVAs, web exclusives, and movies are fair game.

also, the reason i was asking for a list of anime pent likes is because i'm going to the con the weekend before his birthday. if people send me a little cash marked off, i'll find something and buy it for them. :3 (their choice, pent only gets off scott free since it's his birthday present. xD
though i should note that AB is one of the biggest cons in the country and the world, so keep that in mind. [i was looking up cons last night and it turns out we're only really second in this country to Otakon and Anime Expo. everyone else we're either on par with or beat.])

if you'd like more time to think about it, i was also going to attend AAC in october. :3 though AAC is much smaller. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

UPDATES:

• Dantalian
  • Durarara!!!
  • Ookami-san
  • Moretsu Pirates

Chocofreak13

dantalian looks epic. gonna show the opening to the club on monday. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I still have to finish Dantalian. >>;; But yes, so far it's been really good.

Chocofreak13

i'd like the theme song :\

also, dunno if any of you have been in this situation, but have you ever wanted to continue with a series but couldn't cause you were watching it in sync with others?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know the feeling, but it was from playing FF7 ages ago. My sister can't stand turn-based games, so she settled for watching me play, so she could be up-to-speed for the sequel movie (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, which I felt wasn't too bad of a movie). There would be times I'd want to play, but I couldn't make any story progress unless my sister was around, so she'd know what's going on too :\

Chocofreak13

it's frustrating. i want to watch more of ben-to and UY (i had to preview the first episodes for club) but if we watch them i wouldn't feel right watching more. :[
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

This is why I never really plan to watch anything series wise with other people, or book clubs or something.  I read fast and don't like to stop if things are getting exciting.

That being said I do watch fan fiction readings and weird PSAs with Bells (for MST3King purposes).

Chocofreak13

that's one of the reasons i'd like to have some sort of osc anime club, where each week we have an episode to watch and can riff about it with the other members when they watch it. :\

that said, i just got word that it's unlikely we're going to continue with UY, so i guess that gives me license to watch as i please. >w>
click to make it bigger

dias

slayer
love hina
dragonball
Masaki Kajishima anime(all this people i also like)
shadow skill
gungrave
trigun
outlaw star
R.O.D
speed grapher
Gantz
Baki the Grappler
Kiba
blue seed

too many. can't list out all

Chocofreak13

Big O came up in class today. i listened to the theme song on the way to that class, so i'm thinking i'm gonna torrent it. ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Ooh, that's ANOTHER animu I've always wanted to watch from beginning to end. I've always been intrigued by the story (from the episodes I've seen and what I've read about it online) and unusual art style...