Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Yeah, the original footage series are always good.  The Great War, WWI in Color, WWII in Color, etc.

Chocofreak13

i recommend The First World War then. you'd like it. ^^

(the soundtrack is great, too. :3)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That sounds like something my dad would be interested in seeing ^_^

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

I like original footage series/documentaries too, like WWII in HD, Vietnam in HD, and this other one whose name I can't remember that was about life in Nazi Germany. They were all on The History Channel too, which is awesome 'cause they don't play too many history-related shows nowadays. : /

Nichi

True that. All History Channel cares about now is Pawn Stars

Why the change?

Chocofreak13

pawn stars is awesome, so i don't mind that they focus on series like that now. of course, we have expanded cable, meaning i get History2 and The Military Channel. so when i want a documentary series, i can get my fix with those. :\

currently watching house, which is like SVU only instead of sex crimes it has medical stuff. :\

hands up if you didn't know till now that Hugh Laurie (aka Greg House) is british. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I admit, I do enjoy Pawn Stars from time to time, but it's about like programming on the Weather Channel other than stuff revolving around the day's forecast; it's interesting, but IMO it's better suited for another network

Chocofreak13

fair enough. the same can be said about most of the other shows of that nature, though american pickers seems more historically relevant. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Hey, I know Hugh Laurie is English.

I really don't mind Pawn Stars, American Restoration or American pickers being played on The History Channel. But I find it beyond mind-boggling that programs like Swamp People, Ice Road Truckers and Ax Men got greenlit for that channel, I MEAN FOR FUCH'S SAKE TAKE IT TO DISCOVERY OR REALTV OR SOMEPLACE ELSE YOU GUYS. >:Z

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on February 24, 2012, 08:08:00 PM
FOR FUCH'S SAKE TAKE IT TO DISCOVERY

this. i've been saying this to myself since the shows started. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

True; those shows do not fit at all >_<

Chocofreak13

they seem like alright shows......for another channel.

who else thinks it's convenient when a different channel plays your favourite shows in addition to the one you're used to?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Me. It's nice when a show I like comes on multiple networks, giving me options

Chocofreak13

especially when they play it at different times, meaning there's always something on. ^^

also, i just realized that stew posted about WWI in colour.

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS. *__*
click to make it bigger