Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I figured I might as well dust off this old topic
So, does anybody have a show they consider a guilty pleasure? Like, you know it's mediocre at best, but you still love it regardless?

For me, that show is The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. It may not be as popular or as well written as it's Saturday morning counterpart, simply titled Sonic the Hedgehog, but I still love it for how nonsensical and random it is :3

Bella

Guilty pleasures, eh? I can't say I enjoy any of these as much as I enjoy making fun of their absurdity, but just about anything on TLC qualifies (special notice goes to My Strange Addiction, Strange Sex, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant), 16 and Pregnant, Manswers, and particularly narmy/anvilicious Lifetime original movies.

Chocofreak13

1000 Ways to Die, MANswers, Family Guy (somewhat), American Dad (somewhat). on rare occasions i'll watch ATHF or Squidbillies, which are also guilty pleasures.....if they can be called pleasures at all. :\

funny thing is, most of the shows i watch are either historical or mystery in nature. xD and if not that, cartoons. :3

(side note: i don't consider RuPaul's Drag Race to be a "guilty pleasure" since i have no shame in watching it. QUEEN FIGHT!! WHOO!!)
click to make it bigger

Bella

I'm relieved I'm not the only woman who watches MANswers sometimes, lol.

I used to watch 1000 Ways to Die, but it tended to freak me the fuck out so I stopped watching for my own good... yeah...

Nichi

I watched 1000 Ways to Die once. Got an LOL out of one of the ways somebody died, but otherwise, not really my kind of show.

To be honest, aside from Warehouse 13 and Doctor Who, I don't watch much in the way of current TV shows anymore

Chocofreak13

i'm stuck in familiar old shows. xD

@bella: i find what they have on there interesting, in the case of both shows. some of the more recent episodes of 1000 have me cringing a little, but for the most part i just shake my head and laugh at natural selection at work. -w-

as for Manswers, while i find the ones pertaining to boobs and asses annoying, the ones having to do with things like chemistry, kung fu, and international things pique my interest. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That show now sounds vaguely interesting. To be honest, I figured it was "Mythbusters, but with more boobs than science" from the previews I saw; which turned me off to it

NejinOniwa

I've started watching Fringe again. Halfway through the second season and we get SUDDEN RETRO EPISODE, complete with awesome version of the main theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSj2qD8waa0
Awesomesauce is had.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

@Genpop: MANswers should only be watched for entertainment purposes, not to actually get any insight into real men or women for that matter. >>;

@Nej: Huzzah, Fringe! One of the best science fiction/mystery series on the air at the moment, IMO. : D

Nichi

Fringe is a show I've wanted to try, although I feel I need to start from season 1 before I can get into it. I think the local library does have season 1, so I'll have to check it out sometime :3

@Bella: Pretty much the same can be said of anything on Spike \ Lifetime \ similar networks >_>

Chocofreak13

@pentium, bella: the same can be said of anything that isn't on the science channel, either history channel, the military channel, or occasionally the discovery channel. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 22, 2012, 01:40:34 PM
@pentium, bella: the same can be said of anything that isn't on the science channel, either history channel, the military channel, or occasionally the discovery channel. :\

Indeed. Every TV program has to be taken with a grain of salt these days, even the so-called educational ones.

Chocofreak13

the only shows i don't take with a grain of salt are usually war documentaries.....
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

i'm talking about the ones that use mostly footage, like The First World War. (epic series, 10 episodes, if anyone wants it i torrented it.)
click to make it bigger