Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

NejinOniwa

I never understood that GSG thing. -_-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Little girls with guns.  What's not to love?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13 she/they

it takes the girls with guns idea and makes it smaller, cuter, and darker. what's not to like?
click to make it bigger

Bella She/her

#5134
The lolis-with-guns-thing is probably my least favorite aspect of GSG, I think the psychological intrigue and commentary on brainwashing/child soldiers/deconstruction of the chicks-with-guns genre is what hooked me. Also, the girls - not in a fetishistic or "Ooh, moe girls with big weapons!" way - just seeing them try to find some semblance of normality and have a happy childhood when they've been turned into little more than killing machines is fascinating and so very heartwrenching. : (

Chocofreak13 she/they

tbh, that's what drew me in too. despite being little anime girls they're not super-cutesy, which adds to the charm simply because there's nothing else like it.

also, i found out earlier that the manga is ongoing. i need to get more volumes. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Maybe I'll look into watching that series sometime :3

In other news, double parking a tiny car

Problem? *trollface*

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage


Bella She/her


Bella She/her



You little skinny-ass computers can't compete with the classic beauties, embrace your big, gorgeous selves mainframes~ <3

Nichi

If I had the room, I'd have a server in my room; as close as I could get to a mainframe. Likely running VMS or something; bringing the fleet together

Chocofreak13 she/they

i wish i could host my own server. it'd likely beat the cost of paying for hosting on one. :\ plus it'd be easier to maintain.

@stew: is that first one from a show? cause it looks vaguely familiar.....
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I don't know, it seemed Super Jail to me but I'm not really sure.

Chocofreak13 she/they

no, despite the similarities that isn't superjail. the colours are different, as is the art style. that has more crosshatching than superjail does, and superjail uses a warmer colour pallet, while this seems to favour the classic psychedelic sherbet pallet.

it's amazing what art school makes you see in stuff. @___@
click to make it bigger