What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

No, I'm not, since most of the people who are members annoy me.  I want to see what happens when they're exposed to some of the good stuff.

Bella

That's so cool that you have a college anime club. : o

Pretty sure nobody in my neck of the woods is into manga or anime. I've only found one or two manga ever at new or used book stores (even ones with comic sections), anime never turns up at movie shops, that really nice Naruto shirt was hanging out in a thrift store that has a typical product turn-over time of a week for like the last four months, and the only other anime fans I know around here are my brother and an acquaintance. >.<

Chocofreak13

which is why you should come hang with us sometime. :\ there's lots of people who like anime here. (the local FYE has an 'alright' anime section, but the Barnes and Noble has a really nice manga section (and a seperate section for the "How to Draw Manga" books).

@stew: i haven't had any interaction with the club here outside of saying hi to its president once in awhile. that said, the high school anime club is open to new things, which is great, since otherwise we'd be watching nothing but D Grey Man, FMA and NGE movies. :\

speaking of which, i want to watch ahead in the anime we're watching, but i want to be just as surprised as them when we see it >>;
click to make it bigger

svx

So,

I'm... watching a show
it's called Mirai Nikki

and...
Gasai Yuno is pretty cute.

Really cute. But.
and this is a huge "but",
I'm pretty sure Arucard from Hellsing would be terrified of her
and she'd probably murder Lucy from Elfen Lied with an ice pick

Good anime so far :)

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

All I know about Mirai Nikki is this:

Which is probably all I need to know about it (and know that I need to watch it sometime).

Chocofreak13

i was about to say bells, that sounds like your kind of anime. :3
click to make it bigger

svx

It's exactly that!  Well, I guess the smiling comes after she's massacred some people though...  She's too busy being A FREAKING MONSTER to smile until then :p

I'd say Mirai Nikki is like...  Death Note, with Black Lagoon elements, exactly :)  ...and perhaps an odd love story, somehow?

Chocofreak13

watched Taisho Yakyuu Musume 4 earlier. ^^ you stand up for yourself, Koume! a woman's place is NOT in the household!!

EDIT: finished 5, 6, and 7. we've seen them get a new teammate, test their skills against elementary school kids (who are surprisingly good sports), and challenge the middle school pitchers (and one batter) to duels in the street at night.

oh, and the main character is now betrothed. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Kari: That sounds like a pretty cool show ^_^

Anyway, I'm probably going to start watching the first season of Digimon soon...in the original Japanese, with subtitles

Chocofreak13

@pentium: badass, lemme know if you want links to the original movies (they leave a few parts out in the american ones, plus there's the ones they didn't release like Diaboromon's Revenge).

also, it's a kickass show, i really want to get people to watch it but no one seems interested. i have the whole series if you'd like a zip file or anything.

also, watched episode 8 earlier. after a whole bunch of misunderstandings, koume's fiancee knows about her playing baseball, and he's cool with it.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I have that series, I just need to get around to actually watching it.

Bella

Quote from: svx on January 04, 2012, 05:49:20 PM
I'd say Mirai Nikki is like...  Death Note, with Black Lagoon elements, exactly :)  ...and perhaps an odd love story, somehow?

That sounds like the most badass thing ever. *____*

Quote from: stewartsage on January 05, 2012, 11:11:19 PM
I have that series, I just need to get around to actually watching it.

Which series?

Chocofreak13

perhaps he means Taisho Yakyuu Musume?

people were interested all along ;v;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

What Kari said.  Girls playing baseball in the Taisho era, sure, why not.