Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i'm thinking of buying a copy of one of the saints row games, but the only platform we have it for is the xbox. guess it's time for me to figure out that acursed controller.....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The Xbox controller isn't that bad, really. The Atari Jaguar was far worse:

So many unnecessary buttons... @_@

Chocofreak13

eh, the last time i played with it i was playing halo and ended up killing myself more than the people could kill me. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Oh yeah. Killing dragons, btw?
NEAT.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Kari: That's honestly what Halo was like for me, too. I didn't have a problem with the Xbox controller on other games I played, so don't let the controller scare you away :3

@Nej: My bro-in-law keeps making a big deal about slaying dragons in Skyrim. That does sound crazy awesome, I admit

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i heard they have a play station style controller for the xbox, so i might end up getting that. xDD

@nej: my sis has skyrim too, and she can't stop talking about it. i like the idea of having an endless world to explore, so if i can figure out that blasted controller i might start a game, too.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Heh.
I found this dragon head icon on the compass, and I was like "hey, is this some sort of dungeon related to dragons maybe?" so I got up and used the BEST SHOUT EVER, the Whirlwind Sprint thing that lets you BYPASS ALL OBSTACLES BE THEY LAND OR SPIKETRAPS OF HOLES IN THE GROUND and jumped up (there was a proper staircase up, but I didn't find it lol).
No dungeon. But wait! Is that a...IT'S A FUCKING DRAGON ARM YOURSELF
10 minutes of hacking, arrowing, spellspamming and shouting later, we are both low on health but he is lower, so I Th'uum in and AXE HIM IN THE FACE.
AWWWW YEAH BRING ME MORE OF THESE BASTARDS
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

So, I beat Mega Man X2 yesterday.

Compared to the first game in the series, X2 was a nice continuation, but not without problems. While I find the concept behind the 3 X-Hunters to be cool (They lurk in hidden chambers in the normal stages, which you have to hunt them down and defeat all 3 to get the best ending), I ran into one frustrating bug where, even when I went to a stage where one of them was hiding, the door to the chamber he was in would not open. I did manage to eventually beat it with the best ending, which was enjoyable. In fact, I loved the final form of Sigma for how sinister is was given how simple in appearance it was compared to his final form in the first game (Instead of this gigantic being that takes up the entire background, it's a wireframe of his head; which looks very alien).

All in all, X2 was a nice follow-up, if you get past the few problems

With that out of the way, now I'm onto Mega Man Rockman X3.

Chocofreak13

found a totally spies video game at building 19 yesterday. it was 3 dollars and my mum says i can have it on christmas. :3

also found out about a code lyoko video game. does want. -w-

and there was also this one video game by red company at gamestop.....

@nej: that sounds epic. -w-
@pentium: heh. good luck with rockman. xD
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

Been too busy to play much, but I've been neck deep killing dragons in Skyrim(360), showing people how to fly helis effectivly in BF3(360), just general monster killing time wasting in Killing Floor(PC), and learning the hundreds of buttons and switches needed to just start my aircraft in in DCS A10C Warthog(PC)
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

i have 3 days left in the semester. one of the things i'd like to do once i'm free for awhile? GTA III, specifically driving the taxi. :3
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

I got the whole GTA series on steam recently. My choice of standboxing however is flying Helis in IV
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

the vehicle choice is nicer in vice than III, but they're harder to get and i like the styling of III better. (we played it when i was a kid and i remember lol'ing at the mission "The Fuzz Ball". xD)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I could never really get into the GTA games. The idea of having a gigantic world to do whatever in is cool, but the game just didn't click with me

Chocofreak13

they have other games like that. the only reason i don't play them is because i don't own the system associated. :\
click to make it bigger