Main Menu

PONIES!

Started by NejinOniwa, August 06, 2011, 06:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Our banners will feature Reimu riding on a Ponyized version of Windows 3.1-tan.

Alternatively: Ponyized Reimu with Windows 3.1-tan on her back.

Chocofreak13

alternately: rotating banners featuring the windows, mac, and linux houses, with links on-site to websites devoted to MLP and Touhou.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Aww, you're no fun.
Also Monty Python goes on every banner

That said, both mentioned fandoms are quite a bit larger than for us to have any sort of power over their general directions - and any ability to manage them. Which we do have to some extent with the OS-tan fandom, seeing as we're pretty much the only english site dedicated to them. We took the vocaloid wave in stride, as did we with any other wave we've come across. The fact that we have another fandom that most of us ALSO like isn't a detriment to the site in any way, but can rather be a way of bringing new recruits in if one wishes to try it.

And just because something becomes popular doesn't mean you should stop liking it.

THAT SAID:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/story-league-of-discord.html
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS AND PONIES!??!?!?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

For Nejin

Inscape should be renamed USETHISPROGRAMTOMAKEBETTERLOOKINGPONIESscape.

NejinOniwa

BETTERPONIEScape indeed. -w-
BUT!
IT NEEDS MORE FLUFF.
BRRRRRRRRRRING ON THE BEEEEAAAAAARRRRR COOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATSSSSSS

Chocofreak13

@nej: it's just my habit that the more popular something becomes, the less i like it. i'm not quite sure why, but it might have to do with the rabid, obnoxious behaviour of super fans. :\

as for waves of popularity encouraging people to come to the site, encouraging waves of pony-fans to come to the site might be detrimental in the long run, as was the encouragement of the vocaloid wave. inviting super-fans into the site that know nothing of the original content is just asking for them to take it over. first it's OS-tans riding ponies, then it's OS-tan ponies, then it's just ponies.....
there are already plenty of sites devoted to ponies. why does the world need one more?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Then I say we ban all off-topic threads.

Think about it! People who visit our site will find all these OT posts about our daily lives and interests outside OS-tans and computers and they'll think that's what this site is all about! MODS, HEED MY CALL: IF WE DON'T GET RID OF ALL OFF-TOPIC SUBFORUMS AND THREADS, THIS SITE WILL DESCEND INTO THE DEPTHS OF NON-OS-TANISH, NON-COMPUTERISH HELL!!!!! I mean, look at ALL. THE. PEOPLE. who sign up to OSC just to talk about OT stuff and never visit the OS-tan or Computer sections of our forums, we can't encourage that kind of behavior by making OT posts ourselves!

</supersarcasmmode>

Chocofreak13

no need to fricken crucify me. it just bothers me whe nej feels the need to uproot the genderflipped thread in favour of a ponyflipped one.

i'm sick of the fricken ponies.

that said, i think i'll ban myself from this thread. >:\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I wasn't crucifying you, nor have I ever crucified you, although I may've crucified the things you've said or your stances from time to time. I was merely mocking the small bit of hysteria that's popped up involving MLP's possible - yet currently entirely unobserved - impact upon OSC; and mocking the fact that nobody has ever become alarmed when other trends have popped up at OSC. (The general de-OS-tanization that the forum has undergone over the years, rampant off-topicness in every thread, Touhou and Madoka Magica, for example).

You show me an MLP fan who signs up to this site just to talk ponies or the evidence that more Bronies are being drawn here because we're posting ponies and I'll believe you; but until then, I think OSC has as good a chance of becoming Off Topic Collections, Haruhi Collections or Madoka Collections as it does MLP Collections.

Chocofreak13

madoka always gave me that vibe too. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quote from: The GovernatorIf the whole shipping thing would be a Will Smith movie, Rainbow Dash would be...Will Smith!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oQHpC1iD5Bw#at=117
OH FUCK WHY IS THIS SO HILARIOUS.

Bella

I shouldn't even need to introduce these two...

NejinOniwa

The contrast was so high on my screen it looked like VMS-pony and a pair of hovering glasseyes. O_o

Bella

I made moar ponies~

And a Rainicorn!

Chocofreak13

i know i banned myself from this thread, but that was mainly cause ponies were being posted EVERYWHERE. since that's calmed down, i feel a bit better about posting here.

since i've been away from the rabid fandom growing here like a fungus, i've gotten more used to ponies. even watched it a couple times in the mornings before school (there's almost nothing else on).
click to make it bigger