The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by Alex Stankevitch, October 16, 2006, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

I think they've finally improved Google Translator, because this finally makes sense to me:

This

And This

Silentbob

Dude, you need to shorten those links, they totally messed up the page view here.  o_o

Edit:  Thanks, that was better.   ;010

Darknight_88

Quote from: "NewYinzer"
And This
Don't really understand how this is related to the main subject of this thread, but all I have to say is...
DO WANT!

CaptBrenden

Quote from: "Darknight_88"
Quote from: "NewYinzer"
And This
Don't really understand how this is related to the main subject of this thread, but all I have to say is...
DO WANT!

But this, I DO want :D
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Exa

brougeXP22

Thank you lord for this bountiful harvest  ;079

Silentbob

Exa

Hm, the first pic is nice, but with the other... we're going a bit NSFW, right?

Silentbob

Yeah,  I guess.  But we've had a few NSFW pics in other threads before.  Just make sure the boss isn't around.   :p

Pitkin

I'd suggest all kinds of 'more than just a little daring' pictures would be linked into instead of using the direct img tags, and also a notification included. This is not an order from an admin (for now at least :D), but only my personal opinion. The fact is, not everyone wants to (or should) see such images, and when the ordinary/ecchi/totallyperv images are all posted in bunches there's no way for members to 'pick' what they see.

Consider this option, please. ^^

Silentbob

Yeah, it's probably for the best.   ;073

MisterCat

I wish an equal amount of time would be spent explaining the absence of a policy regarding image-file width.   This penchant for directly posting obscenely-huge images inside threads, rather than using hyper-links operating through reasonably-sized images, has ruined the layout ambiance of the OS-TAN Forums web site and greatly diminished the pleasure once found in perusing this site.

;026

=^..^=

Silentbob

Yeah, I'm only running 1280x960 here, so that would be appreciated.  ^^;

MisterCat

Nearly all message boards to which I've belonged over the years imposed width restrictions on image files posted directly to threads.  Five-hundred pixels was the usual width limit; and I think it's a good idea.

If you've got a wallpaper-sized (or larger) image, you can hyper-link it via a small preview-like image posted to the thread.  Of course, it could be that some folks don't have either an image editor or an on-line storage site which permits remote linking.

;018

=^..^=

Pitkin

I totally agree with Neko-san. The 'Raping of the forum walls' is one of the most annoying things that can take place on any online forum, and often is enough to make the whole thread in question very unreadable.

To be honest, I wouldn't personally mind at all, if the pictures were _only_ posted in threads marked/created as picture threads from the beginning, and not eg. in the topicless thread (like has been happening of late). However, with the strict image size regulations to prevent the thread from becoming a 'horizontal marathon', forbidding the images outside image threads wouldn't be absolutely necessary.

This is not exactly the right thread to talk about these things, so I think I'll create a more suitable thread in the site management section tonight. Topics at hand: image size restriction, and not-work-safe pictures. ^^