Favorite Song?

Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Its got to be this right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wo9U_mRywg&feature=related

I can't get enough of Tutti Sound!!!

Nichi

Since we've already discussed what the longest songs we have in our music collections are a while back, I got to thinking: What is the shortest song in your music collection?

Off the top of my head, the shortest I have would be 36, by System of a Down; at about 45 seconds long

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

heh. the shortest songs in my collection are sound effects, at just a few seconds long. the shortest song on my ipod is "The Song That Isn't Very Long" by Nekomura Iroha (Hello Kitty Vocaloid). it's 6 seconds long.
click to make it bigger

Bella

The shortest song in my collection is Theme From Flood by TMBG, at 0:28. -w-

The shortest recording is that of an IBM 7090 computer room, it's only 0:03. (I wish it was longer, 'cause it would make for good white noise.) ;-;

On the topic of FAVORITES...

I had a fangasm when I heard a Fleet Foxes song on my local radio station today... ever since I discovered Fleet Foxes in 2009, I've been pissed at the fact I've never heard their music on any radio stations, aside from Stew's radio show (and this one satellite radio station I used to listen to played Mykonos quite a bit... but that doesn't count since satellite "radio" is the devil's work.) But I digress. It was really amazing to see that their music had finally found its way to the airwaves, and on my favorite radio station no less. /Highpointofmyday

Chocofreak13

happy to hear that, dude. :3 i miss the days when my local radio stations played a variety. i found out about alot of cool songs that way. :[
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on September 06, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
happy to hear that, dude. :3 i miss the days when my local radio stations played a variety. i found out about alot of cool songs that way. :[

DUDE, CHECK OUT 92.5 WRXV.

I usually have to listen to the NH broadcast (WLKC; it's the same station, but run by computers so no interesting DJ chatter/song trivia/less musical variety), but it's still a really good station... classic rock, alt rock and pop, indie, new wave, some funk, blues and jazz, folk, occasional bluegrass, alternative country and oldies, and in the case of WXRV, sometimes whatever the DJs want to play.

It's introduced me to a ton of good artists and songs. ^^

Chocofreak13

we have that programmed in the car. it's almost the only good station left, lol. but i used to hear alot of cool 80's songs and stuff on stations like 104.5 . :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I think Mrs. Potter's Lullaby by Counting Crows could be considered a favorite song of mine... every time I hear it, it makes me happy (or, happier than I was before).

Chocofreak13

i have two universal "favourite songs", but after that, "favourite songs" depends on my mood. for example, i found myself listening to "NO SCARED" by ONE OK ROCK today, since today was crap. :\

i also have a habit of listening to a newly-added song on my ipod for days after putting it on. it gets stuck in my head, and everything else sounds weird when a song's stuck in my head. :\
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

My favorite would be, without a doubt,
Killed By Death
by Motörhead.

Runners up would be
Godless
by Danzig and Freedom of Choice by Devo.

As far as what's really got my ear right now, there's this and
this.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

holy crap powerman 5000 did a devo cover.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS I DON'T EVEN--

will watch when i'm not dead *w*
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

To tell you the truth, few things are quite as bizarre as Fear Factory doing a cover of Cars... @.@

...that song you heard is actually one of a whole cover album that PM5K just did called Copies Clones & Replicants... yeah.

Can't say I care for their take on
Should I Stay or Should I Go

Chocofreak13

i need to check that out. i have 1 song by PM5k on my ipod, and i love it. >w<
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well try to avoid anything from Transform or Destroy What You Enjoy or any single/EP they may have released in the 2003-2006 timespan.  I wouldn't call either of those PM5K albums, really.