Figurine/Plush collection thread~

Started by Acher13, July 04, 2011, 05:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acher13

even obitsu is quite expensive to me.. but someday I'm gonna make one.. maybe neeto

Chocofreak13

what's the cheapest brand from your experience? :\

as it turns out, dollfie bodies aren't that expensive. it's the accessories that jack it up. ^^; i'm going to request set for christmas (3 female, 2 male), since, if nothing else, they make better artist's mannequins than the one i have. :3
click to make it bigger

Acher13

no experience at all.. so far I'm only looking at friend's collection.. those are nice, but you have to survey a lot of places to get a good combination.. his one cost about $4xx since it was a hybrid of brand.
on the other hand, its really hard to find fabric at my current place.. can't make any clothes right now T^T

Chocofreak13

ah, the power of fabric scraps. once i get a couple, they'll have clothes in no time. ^^

but really, 17-18 bucks is really affordable. :3
click to make it bigger

Acher13

meanwhile, somewhere in the middle of the small town/village (its in-between, at grandpa's house now)

man.. I had not much to do but being outdoor here.
anyway I've made this while taking care of the herds this noon.. spent about 10hrs for it.

sewing with hands and its my first time making such miniature clothing.. why do I know how to sew skirt? uhhh...

hey, I use machine wash and it didn't break >.<

Chocofreak13

cool! it looks nice. ^^

oh, and skirts are easy, though i'll say that i'm impressed that you can make pleats. :3

also, with the leftover monies from this week, i'm either getting the thermos and chopsticks, or the dollfie doll. :3
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

doublepostlolwut

as was mentioned in topicless, i now have a dollfie. ^^ specifically, this type of dollfie. i'll be getting this type within the week, as well as shoes for him (i bought some for her when i bought her), rooting hair and eye decals. :3

i figured this was worth another post, because i've come up with a suitable name for my doll: Yumi. ("beautiful friend") idk what i'll name her counterpart yet, but i'm looking forward to getting him. :3 yumi already has some clothes i've made for her, and they'll both be getting more. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Post pics when you take some, Kari. :o

Chocofreak13

i'm making her a schoolgirl outfit >:3
click to make it bigger

Acher13

I've got new bodies for them so these are what keeping me busy lately =)

Choco, look at these =D

(characters are Ach and Yda, Ohmestrada series from Busou Shinki)

also, If only I could get my hands on those outerskins stuff.. I could built a new character, I just need to make the head.. clothing is no problem now.

Chocofreak13

damn you, i'm so jealous right now~ ><; (mainly because of the cute outfits, the polkadot dress would look great on yumi)

that said, are those figmas or dollfies? and is their hair plastic or can you style it?
click to make it bigger

Acher13

they're close to figmas but much better I think in term of solidness, its the mms type body.
the hair is plastic but there's variation and best part is that they could swipe from each others.

Chocofreak13

ah. either way they're cute. where did you get the dresses?
click to make it bigger

Acher13

dresses are handmade, parka was from Azone 1/12 dolls collections =3

Chocofreak13

lucky. ><;

if you ever find any nice deals on doll clothes for 1/6 dolls, lemme know. :3
click to make it bigger