Main Menu

Favorite Song?

Started by CanaryTan, January 30, 2011, 11:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

One that I like that fits into the same basic theme is A Passage to Bangkok, by Rush

Although not one of their best songs, it's still a pretty good song all around. It'd be better, though, if it didn't come right after the conclusion of 2112 on the album it's on.

Bella

Ben Folds Five - Ben Folds Five

and

The Eraser - Thom Yorke

Two of my new favorite albums.

Chocofreak13

sounds cool, man. ^^

lately i've been finding alot of new vocaloid songs i like. 2 i reccomend are "Bathroom Garden" by miku and "Seven Colors of the Pallet" by miku, kaito, meiko, rin, and len. (i made a ringtone out of the latter).
both of them are titled in japanese, so if you can't find them i'll try to track down some links for you. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

One I've recently discovered and like is Bible Black, by Heaven & Hell

No, this song has nothing to do with a similarly titled hentai series, but it is an awesome song sung by none other than Ronnie James Dio. It's truly among his best songs with any band he was part of

Chocofreak13

........am i the only one here who occasionally sings along to tv show theme songs? ./////.;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Not at all. I often sing along to the theme song of Atop the Fourth Wall, among other shows
Coins, robots, amazons, and trucks~~

Chocofreak13

oh god you just got the ducktails theme stuck in my head. ><;

to keep on subject, that's one of my LEAST favourite songs. (though out of habit i sometimes sing to it when it's on.)
click to make it bigger

Bella

This is the place for favorite bands, too, no? I really like Jonathan Richman and/or The Modern Lovers... I can identify with so much of their music.

And a lot of it is damn catchy to boot. ^w^

Chocofreak13

i listen to a variety of different artists, so i judge "favourite artist" by amount of songs i have by them x how much i like said songs.
as a result:

green day
queen
PUFFY
blue oyster cult
simple plan

btw, does anyone have any songs they're ashamed of having? i have a couple that i hate to death but ate so catchy that they were stuck in my head till i got them. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

My criteria for Favorite Artist involves being familiar with the majority of their body of work (or the ENTIRETY of their body of work, for newer artists or those with small discographies) and consistently enjoying the majority/all of their body of work over a sustained period of time.

It's tough for some, though - I love Fleet Foxes, for example, and have consistently liked every song they've made so far. But since they're a relatively new band with a small discography AND I have yet to listen to their most recent album in entirety, I am hesitant to call them a "favorite".

Another example would be Beck, I've consistently liked his music so far but I've only listened to four of his albums in entirety + a handful of other songs on their own, so I'm really not familiar enough with his works to make an informed decision.

TL;DR, favorite artists are srs bsns.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 06, 2011, 12:28:06 AM
btw, does anyone have any songs they're ashamed of having? i have a couple that i hate to death but ate so catchy that they were stuck in my head till i got them. :\

Yeah, I have a few I'd rather not admit to having. That's all I'll say. ^^;;;;

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on August 06, 2011, 01:49:55 PM

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 06, 2011, 12:28:06 AM

Yeah, I have a few I'd rather not admit to having. That's all I'll say. ^^;;;;

"Fergalicious".

that's all i have to say on the matter. ><;;;;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The only song I'd be ashamed to admit having is "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", by the Darkness

It's...alright. It's not one of my favorites, but not one I hate either

Chocofreak13

how can you be ashamed of that song!? it's AWESOME!!
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, it's about the only one I could think of that I'd be remotely ashamed to admit having. Otherwise, I could care less what people think of my taste in music, because if I did, I wouldn't have J-Pop and Dethklok next to each other on my iPod

Chocofreak13

idc, except for songs like fergalicious. thankfully i don't have that on my ipod anymore, but for awhile there it was constantly getting stuck in my head, and it was annoying not being able to get it out. :\
click to make it bigger