Pokémon Challenge Run: GYM LEADER MODE (General thread)

Started by NejinOniwa, June 19, 2011, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

::Gym Leader's Log::Tythan, the Crystalline Battleartist::
Day 4 and night of Day 4-5

Rousing his team from their rest at the Poké Center, Tythan scrambled off to the Goldenrod Gym. It quickly became clear that his opponent Whitney wasn't much of a challenge, and after a few quick rounds of spamming various Ice-type moves, Bifrost the Glaceon once more emerged the victor, leaving Whitney sobbing and unable to grasp the situation even to the extent of giving Tythan his deserved badge. Tythan was irritated in no small amounts at this, but after being calmed by one of her minion trainers she eventually handed it over. She also reminded Tythan of his duty as a Gym Leader applicant, that he was only allowed to bring 2 pokémon with him until he had won his next Gym battle; a fact that he sourly accepted. After receiving a TM of some sort from Whitney, he proceeded to the Pokémon center where Bifrost was put into storage, while Lavinius and Darclaw were brought along to the next part of his journey; the leg to Ecruteak City.

Plowing through a few trainers on the way up to the National Park, both Lavinius and Darclaw gained some much-needed experience and levels; soon they were actually past Bifrost in numbers. As the National Park was not holding any Bug Catching contest today, Tythan simply cruised on through and proceeded onward to encounter...
A Small Girl Standing By A Wibbly-Wobbly Tree-Type-Thing.
The little girl revealed the tree-type thing to be some sort of pokémon as it wobbled and wibbled even further when you watered it, which led Tythan to believe it to be some sort of Grass-typed variety. Thinking it an easy battle, he produced the SquirtBottle he had received from an especially pushy florist half an hour ago, and watered the wibbly thing, making it wobble in rage and attack.

A second later, Tythan concluded that This Was Not His Day.
Analyzing the tree briefly he concluded it was not a tree at all, and he commanded Darclaw to soften up its defenses with a Screech; his pokémon did so, but was then OHKO'd by a sweeping Low Kick. Tythan was down to taking it down with one pokémon or the fate of facing oblivion at the face of Some Wild Trolling Shitty Thing Of A Creature; with hate in his eyes, he commanded Lavinius the Snover to unleash an Icy Wind at this despicable foe.
The enemy was quick. Its Low Kick crippled Lavinius almost totally, leaving it at a single HP; the Icy Wind attack left the enemy reasonably short on HP, however, and reduced its speed. A do-or-die situation faced Tythan, and he commanded Lavinius: Razor Leaf.
Five minutes later he rushed into the Violet City pokécenter with one fainted pokémon and one that was on the brink to it, but an accomplished objective: the route to Ecruteak was now clear.

Upon arriving in Ecruteak, he learned that the Gym Leader was not available for battle at the moment, and decided to check whether the city's exits were blocked in either direction; they were not, and Tythan decided he needed to do some recon in the direction of the port city Olivine. It was going to be a long trek, however, so he went back to Goldenrod to capitalize on a deal with a certain Bicycle Shopkeeper before proceeding with his plan.

Avoiding any encounters with trainers or wild pokémon (except for a particularly annoying Lv20 Raticate that he just had to put down), he soon arrived at his destination. After looking about for a while (and grabbing himself some hot grub in the Olivine Sailors' Café), he found himself chatting with a Fisherman in his house. Apparently there were Shellders to be found in his hometown New Bark, had one the patience needed to land one with a simpler rod than the ones used by the renowned Fishing Guru and his likes. This appealed to Tythan enormously, as he was well in need of a water-type to counter the threat of Fire types with, and after thanking the man for lending his Good Rod, he set off toward New Bark with a dash.

On the way back, however, he passed something that seemed to interesting to just roll by. The Battle Frontier, it was called, and while there weren't any battles to be had yet due to the facility still being in construction, one of the salesmen offered to let Tythan sample some of his wares. He gave him a Razor Claw, which made Tythan jump with joy as soon as he was sure he was out of sight of the man; now he could evolve Darclaw to his final form. Soon enough, the night was nigh, and after downing a pair of wild Raticates on the way back, Darclaw the Sneasel took his final steps...

...before emerging as Darclaw, the Weavile - licensed to kick ass, kick ass and kick ass until all possible sources of asses are exhausted beyond replenishment.

Soon, however, it was time for Lavinius to shine; after a looong trek, they arrived back home in New Bark Town, where Tythan jumped of his bike and produced the Good Rod. After giving Darclaw some fresh aquatic meat to slice the living hell out of, they finally encountered their target...

(note: While Shellder is only a Water-type, it is an allowed catch since its evolution Cloyster is Water/Ice dualtype.)

The target would prove very hard to get, however. Tythan first let Lavinius take the field, to lull the opponent to sleep with his GrassWhistle move; while this succeeded, the wild Shellder woke up straight away, and went on to hammer away at Lavinius with her Icicle Spear move. Eventually, however, its lack of an Ice type proved its fault; the damage sustained from the Hail produced by Lavinius' Snow Warning ability finally allowed Tythan to make his first real catch. The Shellder was named for its hard-to-get first impression and female gender; Tsundere.

(TBC: Dinner.)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

and you chastised me for failing. AT LEAST I LOST TO A MASTER, NOT A SISSY TREE! ><; (lulz. did you at least catch it?)

expect recap sometime tomorow....sleep now. -w-
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

No catching! Rules of DAT CHALLENGE, remembar. And I didn't actually lose, though hells tell I was batshit scared of doing so at the moment. ^^;

Besides, makes shit easier. Fucking sure as hell I wouldn't have survived another moment of that shit. >_> The same is not true for the next episode of Wild Beatdowns, but we'll get to that later...

Chocofreak13

IF WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CATCH IT BY YOUR RULES
THEN I AM SORRY, BUT I CANNOT PLAY BY YOUR RULES ANY LONGER
I WON'T RAISE IT, BUT I'LL CATCH IT
SINCE IT'S RARE
AND SUCH

ANYWAY
I'MA PLAY A BIT MORE BEFORE RECAP.......I'D LIKE EEVEE TO EVOLVE BEFORE MY NEXT GYM BATTLE
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Lolz. Not like I can enforce it, and it's not like it does anything, but I will hold to the principle for myself, at least. -w-;;

Chocofreak13

I CAN'T RESIST A RARE POKEMON......

IN OTHER NEWS, I'VE CREATED SOME PLANS FOR USING MY HMs
SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 3 PSYCHICS THAT CAN USE CUT, AND 2 ARE LEGENDARY, THE JOB IS RELEGATED TO THE 3RD, MY FUTURE ESPEON
THERE ARE MUCH MORE THAT CAN USE FLASH, BUT FEW THAT CAN USE FLY, SO I'M GOING TO COMPROMISE, CATCH A NATU, RAISE IT TO A XATU, AND TEACH IT FLASH AND FLY
MY NEWLY CAUGHT SLOWPOKE, SLOTOKO, WILL BE TAUGHT SURF AND WATERFALL
AND THE REST I'LL FIGURE OUT LATER

.......MY UNOWN ARE KINDA JUST DEAD WEIGHT AT THIS POINT....
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

svx

I ONLY USE SHINY GHOST POKEMON

I AM THE POKEMON CHAMPION

I MAY ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE

DO NOT OPPOSE ME

END TRANSMISSION

NejinOniwa

SHINY GHOSTS!?

CHALLENGE FUCKING ACCEPTED, BRO
TOTALLY DOING IT B/W STYLE SO I CAN HAVE FUCKING CHANDELURE AND HIS 145 SPATK, HIGHEST NONLEGENDARY STAT FUCKYEAH
BY THE WAY
IF YOU ARE THE POKÉMON CHAMPION
I AM Samuel Oak.

Dr. Kraus

NejinOniwa

TAKE YOUR UNWINNING POSTS ELSEWHERE
WRONG THREADETH, FOOL

Dr. Kraus

NejinOniwa

AND THIS IS STILL NOT RELEVANT