The Sweepstakes of Badassery

Started by Chocofreak13, June 22, 2011, 11:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/sweepstakes/2011/dukeNukemPc/index.asp

Figured i'd share the epicness of this with you guys.
Not sure if it's open to international participants, but you can enter (by the end of the month) to win a Duke Nukem PC.

i already entered twice, so you might want to check it out. thing DOES look pretty badass. 8)
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It looks cool, but I don't know what I'd do with it since it's not that much more powerful than 2k

Chocofreak13

eh, it's not like it costs money to enter. plus, if you win, you get a badass computer! ^^

(and you could network them together so it's 2x BADASSERY COMBO~!!
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

SSD in RAID?

3.4 Ghz 2nd gen i7?

16 GB ram?

liquid cooled?

even I wouldn't mind having that.

Chocofreak13

so enter.

though i'll be sad if a mac user wins such an epic PC.... >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

Once again, the designation of "Mac User" comes to entirely define what and who a person is.... lovely. `v'

Dr. Kraus

ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

mfw I read:

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 22, 2011, 08:05:20 PM
though i'll be sad if a mac user wins such an epic PC.... >>;

I can't enter!?!? I'M A MACINTOSH USER!!!

Chocofreak13

no, you can

but i'll be sad if you win
if all you use is mac :\
since people who use solely mac can't appreciate a pc this badass :\

don't take my words out of context >:\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I bet the graphics card and all the liquid makes it heavy enough to be a good doorstop.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 22, 2011, 08:43:46 PM
no, you can

but i'll be sad if you win
if all you use is mac :\
since people who use solely mac can't appreciate a pc this badass :\

don't take my words out of context >:\

(,,#゚Д゚):∴;'・,;`:ゴルァ!!

How dare you! You don't need to be PC user to appreciate a system, even if you use a Macintosh most of the time!

A system is a system, a Macintosh is a PC and a PC is a Macintosh the only true difference is the OS which really just a GUI if you look close enough.

Is it right for me to say "People who are solely PC users could never appreciate a Macintosh"? People may have different preferences but that doesn't take away the idea of appreciating something that isn't their preference 「(゚ペ) 

Chocofreak13

JEEZ WHY IS EVERYONE GETTING SO UPSET LIGHTEN THE FUCK UP THIS THREAD'S A GOOD THING ALSO I'VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH HOMESTUCK
click to make it bigger

Bella

While I object to the PC = Mac argument (though Mac IS a PC in the sense of being an x86, "IBM compatible") I do agree with Kraus for the most part - there are many Mac people who can appreciate a good Windows PC, just like there are many Windows people who can appreciate a good Mac or Linux machine and others who, while Windows users, wouldn't know a good computer if it hit them on the head.

Paul

thing is US only x.x (and I'd need a new computer badly... but that bladecenter hasn't gone up in price yet :P)

stewartsage

Someday I will build my own computer.  It will be cooled by a re-purposed lawn mower blade.