Quote from: NejinOniwa on June 12, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
Protip for easy activation fix:

1: Search your local torrent supplier for windows 7 loader
2: Download
3: Unzip and start
4: Roll with dat shit it does
5: ???
6: PROFIT

Official Link : http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

Chocofreak13

maybe you should switch to more freeware programs? openoffice works just as well as microsoft word, and if i remember right can also be used for powerpoint.
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Hmm interesting bits I read here, and I say, I do have a few replies to make in relation to those things. So here goes...

1. Claudia and Claude
Choco, even I like that... it's like the people that did this are actually paying attention to how the OS-tan phenomenon works. Maybe... MAYBE... maybe Nejin was right, and there is indeed someone working at MS that is also a 2channer.

2. Windows 8 designs
I guess I wasn't the only one that was interesting in designing what their own "Hachiko". I guess, if you do feel like showing them I might go see them. Not sure if I would show you what I made though, I like to think there is someone out there that might have the same idea of her as I do.

3. OS and Economics - Windows Cost v Mac OSX Cost
- - - | Time between releases - OSX has a new release every year while Windows is released every two or three years (XP being the exception, and for obvious reasons)
- - - | Development costs - Windows is closed source and everything has to be developed and maintained in house. Mac has open source parts that can offset the cost to the company when they develop things.
- - - | Business model - Apple primarily sells hardware and makes their super profits from that, and even that helps offset their development costs. MS doesn't really have a hardware business outside of KB/Mouse Xbox and Kinect, and a great amount of their profits depend on software sales, mainly Windows.
- - - | Shareholders - both companies need to keep investors happpy, and thus need to constantly keep making more money than the previous year, either by increasing their market share (Windows is already too big to increase significantly) or through other means. By creating different versions targeted at different demographics they can further increase their income. With that, at least the home users won't need to be charged huge amounts of money for things that they might not need/use.

They do sell OEM versions of their OS at a cheaper price though, and they are known for selling multiple licenses at a cheaper price (like the $150 3-license family pack).

Makes me wonder why MS doesn't just buy a couple of those OEMs they so praise and turns into a hardware company.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Dr. Kraus

New link posted by Claudia_Azure twitter:

http://slashdot.jp/2011_azure/11/06/10/0855206.shtml

Other things posted through twitter:

Azure gaining more support with VB (Visual Basic), C#, PHP, and HTML programming

Question on if PHP is a programming language and if Powershell is a programming language

States she has a meeting and must go- until next time! (referring to the Microsoft Azure Bootcamp that will start at 12:00 PST)

Chocofreak13

saved 2 pictures from slashdot, will upload.
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Did I ever mentioned that I really like that American Madobe? I really do!

Oh, btw, when I was sketching an 8-tan I actually had the idea of using the kind of boots that Claudia is using, as well as giving her glasses. I never thought that I would actually be quite as updated with fashion trends as I am (I'm usually way ahead of it or really far behind! lol). Maybe I will find the will to make a compelling drawing and show it to you people some time this century. heh
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

i need to stop being lazy and scan mine.......
i doubt the design i did will become canon, though. :\
click to make it bigger

Kiso

What does it matter? I mean... ever since Vista, nothing has been canon anymore.

Chocofreak13

eh, then mine might be less than that. xDD
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Chocofreak13

why does all the cool stuff come out in japan? :\
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Chocofreak13

found some more claudia pics. when i get a chance (aka when i get bored and don't feel like polishing my nails or playing homestuck) i'll upload them.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 14, 2011, 08:06:40 PM
found some more claudia pics. when i get a chance (aka when i get bored and don't feel like polishing my nails or playing homestuck) i'll upload them.

Mind approving my uploads while your at it? I put around 6-8 uploads in the past 2-3 days and none have been accepted yet...