Claudia Madobe - Nanami's got family!

Started by Kiso, June 09, 2011, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 10, 2011, 06:21:43 PM
As it stands, i'm already expecting windows 8 to be a bit of a slut....(since she's purely touchscreen-based). >>;

I like her design because it has more of a professional look to it when Nanami's is more of a excited school girl design.

Chocofreak13

dude, claudia isn't for windows 8. she represents Windows Azure and Windows Cloud. :\

(the beta hasn't even dropped yet on 8, so i don't think there's any -tans yet.... >>; )
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 10, 2011, 06:40:21 PM
dude, claudia isn't for windows 8. she represents Windows Azure and Windows Cloud. :\

I know that! I was taking in general design and not representation between the two whom are both "official" -tan's

Chocofreak13

ahhh. then why did you quote my bit about windows 8? :\
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Because he was replying to you... albeit out of context.

In my case though, I'm thinking of an 8-tan that would be more of a hipster (since windows is attempting at all costs to be different than anything currently available), using clothing with lots of basic shapes and references to the metro interface. In fact, I had made several sketches of what could that be, but I deleted most of them since I really didn't know much about the OS to even begin setting real references. Then again, most OS-tans have no real references other than the version (3.1, ME, 2k, XP) or a really abstract in-joke (the screws on Vistake).

I guess I'll draw some more and eventually give up and delete them today as well.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

now i'm picturing a mod girl. but that sounds too cool to be windows 8. ><;

i get the feeling that she might be a hipster, but not with the attitude, since windows 8 is supposed to be near-idiot-proof. :\
however, she'd probably keep the "i'm different but i still fit in" mentality of hipsters. ><;;
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 11, 2011, 02:52:43 PM
however, she'd probably keep the "i'm different but i still fit in" mentality of hipsters. ><;;

Lol, reminds me of a friend who is trying hard to be a hipster but still wants to "fit in"!

On another note, I'm doing some sketches so I'll post them in the art thread (Free Cookies! I think its called...)

also, I was reading the web comic with my OK translating skills and figured out that Claudia is Nanami's cousin this was then confirmed by a translation done on Danbooru

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/905949/7-apron-artist_request-black_hair-blonde_hair-blue

The first comic is all in that Poll but the newest one hasn't been added yet...

Kiso

Yeah... I knew about Claudia being Nanami's cousin. I do need to lrn2jp though. I stopped practicing due to lack of time when I started doing it. Now I just lack motivation.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Kiso on June 11, 2011, 03:51:33 PM
I stopped practicing due to lack of time when I started doing it. Now I just lack motivation.

me too....and i swore that was what i was gonna do this summer.... ;^;
click to make it bigger

Kiso

lol

Anyhow, what you say about 8 being a hipster and still fitting in... I wouldn't be surprised of a Madobe of such qualities. It has been mentioned that Windows would indded be connected and would have social integration. MS wants Xbox Live in Windows 8 apparently, and I'm sure FB, Twitter and the other social networks will be added as well to keep users connected as much as possible. And then there's Skype's possible integration too...

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Kiso

Well, that's part of of how minimalist design (the philosophy behind Metro UI) works to begin with. It's so stupid simple that even an idiot should be able to get it right from the get-go. Too bad it doesn't always turn out that way... since there is always someone not willing to try doing things on their own when it come to technology. Something about being intimidated by new devices and shit.

Chocofreak13

well, it's hard to be intimidated by pretty colours.
click to make it bigger

Kiso

Indeed it is, but when you change the way things are done, those that are accustomed to it feel like they need to learn again. This happens mostly with the more aged of people. They naturally resist change... but that's a matter for another topic, I guess.

Chocofreak13

eh, i agree with you there; it took me almost a month to get used to windows 7 (and i'm young!!).
click to make it bigger