What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I usually try to focus on one anime series at a time; especially after the summer where I juggled both Elfin Lied and Lucky Star

Chocofreak13

it helps if the series are short. HHM was only 14 episodes, counting the bonus one, after all....
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 29, 2011, 10:45:16 PM
I love the visual styles in Madoka Magica- I've never seen anything like it before! :D

Me too. :D The art/animation style is so... avant garde... reminds me a bit of Serial Experiments Lain in this respect. And in other respects, too... but I won't say anything that might spoil you... >w>;

I never got around to watching Steins;Gate, but want to... kinda given up on Hanasaku Iroha, but I might give it another chance after it concludes and there's some consensus for or against it... and I'm watching Nichijou still. I really want to check out Aoi Hana atm. owo

NejinOniwa

Steins...

...DARU IS TENCHOU!? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. O-O
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

After watching the first few episodes, saying "meh", and letting it sit on my hard drive for the next 8 months, I finally got around to watching Sora No Woto in its entirety.

It was fascinating. Note I didn't say "interesting", since interesting would imply that something actually happened. No, it was one of those introspective character studies, paced neither to slowly nor to fast. There was a disappointingly small amount of fighting for a war story, and I would have really liked to know more about the background of the characters and their setting... but oh well.

It's been described as K-On meets All Quiet on the Western Front meets Haibane Renmei - I didn't see ANY K-On in it (save the superficially similar art style), but the Haibane Renmei comparison is well-founded if you ask me... also, this chart I modified pretty much sums up the characters.

Astute observers will be able to figure out my favourite characters simply by looking at this. 'w'

NejinOniwa

My dear lass...

Your Nagato card is of the wrong suite. I believe you want the Melancholy version, not the Disappearance one. -w-

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on June 04, 2011, 07:15:06 PM
My dear lass...

Your Nagato card is of the wrong suite. I believe you want the Melancholy version, not the Disappearance one. -w-

Yes. But this was the best Nagato pic I had on hand and figured nobody would point out the differen...

NejinOniwa

DEMON OVERLORD, STRIKES AGAIN!

MWA HA HA HA HA

Dr. Kraus

Just started to pick Steins Gate up again, this is so awesome! I'm only on episode 4 though due to having a ton of school work but I'll be able to clear it all out by the end of the week and catch up because tomorrow is just one test and then three days of lounging around!

Alex_Reetz

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai

nuff said: it is a amazingly told anime.

Chocofreak13

torrenting softenni. there's only 9/14 episodes available right now, but i plan to look for the others later (as the series just started in april, so they should have the rest by the end of summer).

(also, i looked into it and found a nice WD 1TB external for about 60 bucks; going to save and make it my animoo drive. :3
however, there's one for 80 that's 1.5TB...... >>; )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 07, 2011, 09:08:13 PM
softenni

*Looks at the link you posted*
This is relevant to my interests

Chocofreak13

look it up on tokyotoshokan. s'where i got it. :\

.....*feels guilty about not even removing the Cyborg 009 dvd from the plastic*
click to make it bigger

Bella

Speaking of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I'm considering giving that a rewatch...

...since the last time I saw it was in '07. (It was like, one of the first animu I procured for myself/didn't borrow from my brother's collection... along with Azumanga Daioh and Haibane Renmei...)

/Nostalgic

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on June 09, 2011, 12:57:23 PM
Speaking of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,

when were we speaking of haruhi? :\

.....*confused*

also, Softenni. ^^
click to make it bigger