What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

I'm not watching any animu right now, still have to catch up on Nichijou and Steins;Gate. >> Thinking about giving Lain a second watch (the last time was in 2008 IIRC), but I'm not sure if my brain could handle it atm. D:

I tried out the Witches generator, with my username, I got:

QuoteName: Bella
    •    Nation: Belgium
    •    Striker: Dewoitine D.520
    •    Weapon: Hotchkiss M1914 machine gun
    •    Familiar: Chatreux
    •    Personality: Docile
    •    Accessories: Smokes

and

QuoteName: Bella
    •    Nation: United States of Liberion
    •    Striker: Vought F4U Corsair
    •    Weapon: Boys .55 AT Rifle
    •    Familiar: Eagle
    •    Personality: Brave
    •    Accessories: N/A

I like the latter more, if only for the American-ness and Eagle familiar and bravery... even though I usually do better writing docile/submissive characters... .__.

stewartsage

Africa is entirely within the realm of possibility, or perhaps the Pacific.  Not really entirely sure at this point (though if interest is in Afrika, to Tunisia we go).

With my most militaristic nickname:

Name: The Colonel

* Nation: Fuso Empire
    * Striker: Kawasaki Ki-45
    * Weapon: Type 96 LMG
    * Familiar: Siberian Flying Squirrel
    * Personality: Sassy
    * Accessories: N/A

Dr. Kraus

stewartsage

Quite literally.

Though that's Egypt; we'll be partying down in the western end with the Liberion and Free Gallian forces.

Dr. Kraus

Fine, I shall bring my M1...

SleepyD

Hm. Okay, I'll give it a shot. heh
I used sleepyd and sleepydoodler in the English and Japanese Versions:
Name: sleepyd
Nation: Fuso Empire
Striker: Kawasaki Ki-100
Weapon: Type 2
Familiar: Brittany Dog
Personality: Careful
Accessories: Scarf
Name: sleepydoodler
Nation: Imperial Karlsland
Striker: Heinkel He 219
Weapon: PzB 39
Familiar: Snowshoe Hare
Personality: Naughty
Accessories: N/A
sleepydのオリ魔女は
スオムス人、(Nation: Suomus)
使い魔:ウルバリン、(Familiar: Wolverine)
ユニット:F6F、 (Striker Unit: Grumman F6F Hellcat)
武装:ブレンMk1の (Weapon: Bren Mk1)
ツンデレです。(Personality: Tsundere)
sleepydoodlerのオリ魔女は
オラーシャ人、(Nation: Orussia)
使い魔:三毛猫、 (Familiar: Calico)
ユニット:烈風、(Striker Unit: Mitsubishi A7M Reppuu)
武装:トンプソンの (Weapon: Thompson submachine gun)
ストイックな子です。(Personality: Stoic)
Gotta admit, the Japanese version is completely random, so you get some weird combos. I kinda like my Orussian calico self, but I'm probably closer to the first entry. In both ethnicity and personality.

More on topic:
Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 06, 2011, 06:21:24 PM
I just checked out the box set of My-HIME from the library earlier. I remember reading about it and though it sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a shot...once I get to a stopping point with CCS; I think I'm right at one episode of it that I've wanted to see for years.
My-HiME was among the first handful of anime I watched when I first knew what anime was.  When I was watching Madoka, My HiME immediately came to mind.  Kajiura soundtrack helped greatly in that regard.  Like Madoka, there is a sort of Episode 3 moment. Not quite "OMG WHAT?! NOOO!!" but more, "aw damn, sh*@'s hitting the fan now." (that made more sense in my head) Madoka is way better, but My HiME seems to be up there in my internal ranking. Must be the nostalgia goggles.

Also, during this "anime newb" period, I discovered a DVD for Tenchi Muyo in the local library. I do believe I saw a scene with Ryoko and Ayeka bathing.  A year or two later, I saw the same scene on Cartoon Network at my cousin's house. Immediately, I noted, HEY, THOSE SWIMSUITS WEREN'T THERE BEFORE!!
I was corrupted before I even knew I was corrupted. haha

NejinOniwa

Oh, fine then.
QuoteName: NejinOniwa

Striker: Messerschmitt Bf 110
    Weapon: vz. 24
    Familiar: Irish Settler
    Personality: Sassy
...apparently I grow a pair of Irishman ears when I transformed. I'm...not quite sure what this means. And the tail? Fuck me if I know. >__>

Also, trying out randoms in order to get a Baltlander, to see how long it takes. Latest:
QuoteName: NeoN

Nation: Kiwi
    Striker: Curtiss P-36 Mohawk
    Weapon: M1917 Enfield
    Familiar: Satsuma Dog
    Personality: Naive
    Accessories: Full-length Pants
But...That's not a nation! Or a dog! THAT'S JUST FRUIT!
QuoteName: Alla Hamstrar Måste Dö (tl: All hamsters must die)

Striker: Focke-Wulf Fw 190-6
    Weapon: FM 24/29 light machine gun
    Familiar: Arabian Camel
    Personality: Adamant
Camel...I...what's this, I don't even
QuoteName: Penis

Nation: Romagna
    Striker: Fiat G.50
    Weapon: Thompson SMG
    Familiar: Chihuahua
    Personality: Naughty
NAUGHTY! Srsly, I lol'd SO HARD at this.
Annnd it took like 7 minutes of constant rolling to get one. And it sucked.
QuoteName: Fräknar i rumpan

Nation: Baltland
    Striker: Fairey Firefly
    Weapon: Krag-Jørgensen
    Familiar: Greyhound
    Personality: Sensitive
    Accessories: Full-length Pants
Oh yeah, go t/l that name, would you. I'm tired and my humor is completely broken.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

figured i'd let anyone know who's interested, i found some anime that's free to download (legally!!).

it's called Megumi, and while the story seems sad, the style seems decent. it was also produced by the japanese government. :3
here's a page with links to the original page, where you can download it (it comes in multiple languages, both subbed and dubbed).
i'll warn you now, the MPEG-4 link on the english version is broken, but the WMA files seem to work (which stands to reason the ones for realplayer do too). i'm probably gonna convert the WMA to MPEG-4, so you probably could too.

looks sad but pretty, but sad. :\ (and FREE!!)

EDIT: the only one out of the subtitled versions i could get to work was the narrow-band realplayer version. if anyone else can get them to work, then please send it to me. :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I know I'm behind the times here, but I finally got started on watching Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt! Now, I'm only up to episode 5, but it is incredible how each episode goes beyond the impossible on how ridiculous, inappropriate and over-the-top it can get, and it is AWESOME for it!

And for some mood whiplash, I'm also watching Madoka Magica. Right after watching episodes 3 and 4 of PSG, a friend and I watched episode 3 of Madoka Magica. o_o

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 29, 2011, 09:28:02 PMAnd for some mood whiplash, I'm also watching Madoka Magica. Right after watching episodes 3 and 4 of PSG, a friend and I watched episode 3 of Madoka Magica. o_o

Kyubey is pleased to hear this!

I don't think the epicness of Madoka Magica can actually be conveyed with words... It's one of those things that has to be experienced to be understood. *__*

Aurora Borealis

I love the visual styles in Madoka Magica- I've never seen anything like it before! :D

Alex_Reetz

i hate that thing.

kill it with fire.

Chocofreak13

it creeps me out ;^;

@aurora: yay! ^^ i've watched the whole first season, so i won't spoil anything, but if you want any of the episodes or the soundtrack (with bonus songs) i can provide. -w-

i'll wait for you to get to episode 7, it's so cute ;v;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'm interested in PSG...although I'm intent on finishing CCS before I start another series

Chocofreak13

not willing to visit 2 series at once?

eh, well, i'm willing to admit that when i was watching hand maid may and the tatami galaxy at once, hand maid may kinda stole my attention.... >>;

but yeah, PSG is more than just Powerpuff Girls goes to the Strip Club, though it doesn't appear as such. xD
click to make it bigger