Hiya!! Can you guys help me find this XP-tan wallpaper?

Started by Happy-Dude, January 18, 2009, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy-Dude

Hiya guys!!

This is my first post on this forum. It's very nice to be here ;) . I need a little help tracking down this wallpaper:

http://i44.tinypic.com/15p3dw6.png

http://kratosaurion29.deviantart.com/art/os-tan-wallpaper-53256422 -- said it was on 4chan, but perhaps has long since been deleted.

Can anyone help? Thanks very much :) !!

PS--
Is there anyone here can can perhaps finish a request? Someone good with image manipulation/ GIMP/ Photoshop? Check it out :) http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=125607 (the later images came out nicely, but the person doing the request has long since disappeared ...)

Smokey

Well...
It doesn't look like a -tan to me, but i'm no expert...
All i can do is comment on the items on that desktop, some of wich i likez, some of wich i don't...

BTW, have you tried retouching the pic itself if the resolution is adequate...?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

dude, it's called rt. click -> set as background.

at any rate, she's pretty, but i'm not sure she's a tan......the only thing i could think of is that she looks very similar to a file type i saw in the gallery a while back, a .doc-tan, i think....

anyway, it doesn't seem too hard. you could probably do it yourself.

oh, and, welcome to the forum :]
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Oh, indeed... Please post something in the introduction thread for a proper welcome... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

/OSC/ - Helpful board
(just don't expect ANY kind of help from us.)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Someone ask for a retouched wall?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Happy-Dude

!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!

I really appreciate it ;) .

(Think you can handle a personal request from me, Smokey? It has to do with XP-Tan and some extensive retouching and customizing ... http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=125607 ? --If you're interested, feel free to throw me a PM :) !!)

Smokey

Eeehm.....holy crap?...

I can probably redefine the lines on the image as you pointed out and if i install photoshop on my laptop maybe i can get the midnight/moon right... but this -to be honest- this goes beyond my skills and i would like some artists on this forum to have a look as well...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Bella

Nice job, Smokey! That is a nice wallpaper, though I'm sure it's not XP-tan. ^^

Smokey

Heh, thank you Bella-sama...

BTW this is a very nice coincidence, since my in previous post I asked for some real artists... :D
Guess who was the first person i thought of....
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

oh yes, i remember the second request. doesn't sound terribly hard, except to the "midnight" part.....sinc i fail with photoshop and the like, i can't help with that. the other stuff doesn't sound TOO hard though. then it's just a matter of getting the top image onto a different background.

you see, my problem is that while i know what needs to be done, i'm not programmed to execute that command.....yet.....
click to make it bigger

Smokey

LOL, I thought that the midnite backdrop was the easy part, along with the moon...
That's basic PS even i can pull off...

I am currently trying to salvage my PS from my Main Computer so I can Install it on my Laptop, wich is hard since computers refuse to boot up without a proper keyboard, and i desperately need to reinstall windows on that thing...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

well, i think it would be time consuming to retouch it, but not too hard. just darken the text (i say this alone, because the picture doesn't seem to have perspective at that point) and then just cover over the white spots (they only seem to be a few pixels each)

i don't know how to transplant a background (well, i could, but i lack the tools) so i consider that the hard part.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Well adapting the text and logo to fit another perspective is what i find hard....
The rest is indeed just time-consuming (and requires an eye for detail)...
Thanks Fedora-sama