OS TAN profile project

Started by NykylaiHellray, September 30, 2005, 09:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NykylaiHellray

Ok i have an idea.

Thats create extenive profiles for every os tan there is (including the program and snack tans, and also the kuns).

What we will need for this is:

1. Avatar sized picture for each one (we can steal wikis ones for this)
2. every known bit of data we can find (including eachs many incanations)
3. as accurate as we can get charecter profile (since these are fan creations we can also expand).

So who wants to help ^_^

CaptBrenden

humm, that sounds like a good Idea I have to say. Really.  I mean, this is a OS tan dedicated site, and yet we dont have anything but a forum and an image gallery.  

However, I saggest this:  We can use the pics from wikis for reference but i think we should draw our own.  If we just nab other sites pics we wouldnt have anything original that anyone would want to come see.  

Second, we should nominate one person to look up each os.  That would control the flow of info into a usable form.  everyone putting in their two cents on each os would be utter chaos, so we have on person in charge of each that collects and compiles the info (tho others can send them info and give them the 2 cents)

then we need to create an appropriate section of the site to post the profiles, as well as come up with a standard format for the profiles.  

Thats my Ideas on that.  Im willing to sketch up and do up some small avatar/profile pics for the characters when the time comes.   As for which os ill search up on, Ill wait off on that. since it was my Idea, I cant be the first to pick. only fair.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NykylaiHellray

Thats some good ideas what you said ^____^

Well i will do XP kun and WE tan (not men tan, i mean her evil doppleganger).
The reason i will do two is because my two charecters do not seem to have a great deal of info, also they are the least pupular =(

Though it is true we do need a format.

hmmm ideas so far are:

Name:
Persona:
Noticable traits: ( e.g big breasts for xp)
Job: (e.g. xp home is a manga hentai artist)
Bad habits: (e.g. ME crashing)

Now here are the profiles we need:
XP tan
XP home tan
XP home kun
ME tan
ME kun
2000 tan
2000 kun
98 and 98 se tan
98 and 98se kun
95 tan
95 kun
3.1 and dos (the lolita and the dos kitty)
NT (we may have to list both versions and include the da ja vu and futaba argument in here)
Linux tan
Lindows tan
Apple (there is sooo many)
(there are more OS tans but i cannot remember at the mo)

IE tan
outlook tan
Opera tan
firefox tan
thunderbird tan

The snack tans (if we get around to them)

Well here is version 1 of my profiles so far

XP kun
In some ways he is exactly the same as his sister, and when i mean exactly the same, i mean. All looks no brain (though with him it is muscle not breasts, otherwise it would be quite wrong woundnt it).
He is in some ways a mix between arnold sportsniger, bruce lee, and jackie chan, though sadly he inherits more of the bad points then good.
He can be indetified by his trademark pony tail, his huge muscles, and for some odd reason a self inflicted sacre with the letters XP.
He is usually seen fighting the rival OS tans, especially linux, which he seems to have a personal grudge with. Or seen hugging his muscle bound sister the american version of xp.

WE tan
Not much is known about this egmitic figure, though one suspects she is a twisted version of ME in the same way, Wario is to Mario.
Her trademark is her pink hair, her clothes are usually depicted black, and Me's usual trademark "!" is replaced by an inverted logo with a "?" on it instead (though somtimes it is merely and inverted "!").
There are even some rumours that suggest she is male.

Agelu

i hope that it the description could come with the manga... (OUR manga, that is... :) )

CaptBrenden

yes, this could be very important for the Comic... who ever leads up this project if it keep going will also be my primary contact for OS tan reseach and such and .. what do they call it?  Consitancy checker people?  
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Dewroo

XP home? Hentai Artist?

o....k....

;026

C-Chan

Just as a disclaimer, prior to this posting I had already started a similar project (though nowhere near as ambitious) in a different forum without having realized this topic was out there.  But clearly such a listing would be very important, not just for your comic, but also for incoming fans needing to wade through the flood of net characters.  I would certainly be willing to help if the occasion arises.

Alfamille

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
Second, we should nominate one person to look up each os.  That would control the flow of info into a usable form.  everyone putting in their two cents on each os would be utter chaos, so we have on person in charge of each that collects and compiles the info (tho others can send them info and give them the 2 cents)

I wanna give and try based on what I know so far on the -tans and -kuns.

Maybe next time. ;)

Spysweeper

Xbox, gamecube,ps2 kun

All are very strong and powerful they have the ability to use the powers of the games that are on there gaming systems they are also all rivals constantly fighting to see who is the best gameing system.

Well this is my profile for them I just need some good fanart of them I have some for ps2 and xbox I just need one for gamecube kun.  I'll also have better profiles for them and some for xbox 360 kun, ps3 kun, nintendo wii kun if anyone is interested.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9447639/?qo=5&q=ps2&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10461486/?qo=2&q=xbox&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

Cernex

Quote from: "Spysweeper"Xbox, gamecube,ps2 kun

All are very strong and powerful they have the ability to use the powers of the games that are on there gaming systems they are also all rivals constantly fighting to see who is the best gameing system.

Well this is my profile for them I just need some good fanart of them I have some for ps2 and xbox I just need one for gamecube kun.  I'll also have better profiles for them and some for xbox 360 kun, ps3 kun, nintendo wii kun if anyone is interested.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9447639/?qo=5&q=ps2&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10461486/?qo=2&q=xbox&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

Well, taking in account the old console war is now over, with the PS2 being the obvious winner, I think that profile needs to be changed a little bit.

Also, wouldn't the profiles for the new consoles (X360, PS3, Wii) be exactly the same of their "older" sisters??? I mean, the whole "All are very strong and powerful they have the ability to use the powers of the games that are on there gaming systems they are also all rivals constantly fighting to see who is the best gameing system." really doesn't help all that much, as that's really what happens in each console war even since the old "NES/Atari/Master" war back in the day...

Like, for starters, we need to know if the "definite" models are going to be based on the controls (like most Wii-tan do), or on the console scheme (like the other 2 do). Because, for example, I could make a profile that includes the "inside" joke of "The PS3 doesn't know how to shake", but if her drawing is based on the console... well, that wouldn't make much sense, don't you think???

Just noticing some things, that's all.

El Cernex