System Animator 8: OS-tans and Anime cuties DANCING on your desktop!

Started by AnimeTheme, November 26, 2008, 04:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimeTheme

Bump, or whatever, too much to tell since the last update anyways, so check out this YouTube video (HD 720p) and see for yourself.

Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Chocofreak13

yay!! i'm DEFINETLY gonna try this (once school's out).
click to make it bigger

TheApp

Wow, cool gadgets  ;019
Thanks for posting this...

AnimeTheme

I know this is a bump for an old thread, but this video is worth it. It demonstrates some of the NEW possibilities introduced in System Animator 5, such as using chroma-keyed videos (ie. transparent videos) with playback rate and such controlled by System Animator. Imagine that you can have Miku or any OS mascot DANCING to whatever music you play on your desktop!

Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Chocofreak13

i've been waiting for you to come back!

i've been wondering, is it possible to convert any of your gadgets to rainmeter skins? or do you have any rainmeter skins? i'm stuck on XP and have been using rainmeter for my desktop gadget needs. :\
also, is it possible to make a new skin for the anime calendar or digital-style clock? i have a stock of pictures (the numbered booru catgirls) and i wanted to make them into a calendar skin. :\

also, is it possible to sync the dancing system meter to a music player besides the one shown? my preferred player is either VLC or FLELE (usually the latter) and i'd love to have them dancing to my music.

also, have you ever thought of branching out into FLELE shells? :3

(btw, the video looks and sounds great ^^ )
click to make it bigger

AnimeTheme

Most System Animator animations are technically impossible to be ported to similar applications such as Rainmeter, simply because System Animator has some unique features not available in other desktop applications.

Yeah I would like to make new skins for Anime calendar and clocks. I would appreciate if you can provide those stock pics and I will see what I can do.

The new dancing video feature requires the music to be played directly inside the animation in order to do accurate beat sync. The animation can still react to external players (via Spectrum Analyser), but the working algorithm is different, and result is also (somewhat) different.

Chocofreak13

sounds like an interesting experiment. and i still think that if you made some flele shells, the community would love you. :3 it might attract more people to your site, even if you only made a couple. (check out DA or my youtube account [chocofreak887] if you're unsure what flele is.)

also, i've uploaded a .rar file of the complete sets i have. i also have an almost complete set of moving catgirls as well, so i'll upload that when i have it.

you might check out the booru project, since the various boorus' use different images for their numbering systems (though most use the ones i provided).
click to make it bigger

AnimeTheme

System Animator 8, years after the previous version, is finally released!

Click the image above and watch System Animator 8 in ACTION!

If you have been using the previous versions of System Animator, you will probably notice some fundamental changes. First, System Animator 8 is now a STANDALONE application, and no longer requires the obsolete Windows Gadget platform. This change allows System Animator 8 to run directly on Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows. Also note that System Animator 8 now runs in WebKit mode by default, which supports ALL advanced features of System Animator, as well as supporting REAL background transparency while maintaining GPU acceleration.

Of course, one of the most anticipated new features of System Animator 8 is the ADVANCED support of MMD and 3D animations. The more advanced PMX model format of MMD is now supported, as well as vast improvements in supporting various VMD motions. I am still making some new videos to demonstrate the new 3D features with more details, but for now, the 3D Miku animations bundled with System Animator 8 should be well enough for you guys to play for a while
smile emoticon

Please note that I haven't really tested System Animator 8 on many computers, so issues and problems may occur on some systems. Let me know if you notice anything wrong. Also I still need some times to update the homepage of System Animator, and in the mean time some of the info and optional downloads over there may be outdated/missing. Let me know if you notice anything that requires immediate attentions.

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

i get one of my favourite sidebar things back! ^^

3 questions:

1. how easy is it to import ones' own images? i had a couple saved from before. :0
2. have you considered porting these over to rainmeter?
3. are you going to give the same treatment to your other gadgets?
click to make it bigger

AnimeTheme

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on October 05, 2015, 09:34:01 PM
i get one of my favourite sidebar things back! ^^

3 questions:

1. how easy is it to import ones' own images? i had a couple saved from before. :0
2. have you considered porting these over to rainmeter?
3. are you going to give the same treatment to your other gadgets?

1. All previous animations are supported.

2. Simple answer: impossible. One of the purpose of System Animator is to do new things NOT possible on other gadget platforms, such as rainmeter. System Animator 8 focuses on 3D animations, while most gadget platforms are still 2D-based.

3. Seriously, those old gadgets on the same page, which were mostly small and "experimental" projects even before System Animator was born, are already outdated. Most of them can be recreated on System Animator in some ways, so personally I see little to no point to renew them. Well, actually you can still download them and they still work, but they will just stick with the Windows Gadget platform, which means Vista and 7.

Chocofreak13

damn. i have a shitload of backgrounds for the clock gadget but it screws with the memory to leave gadgets open on this thing. well, thanks for the answers. got a download link? i'll give it a shot (but i'm not expecting the best, this thing crashes if i sneeze on it).
click to make it bigger

AnimeTheme