Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Kari: Ahh. Good luck :3

@Cockle: If you weren't feeling so sick, I'd give you a taco -w-

Bella

Quote from: Cockleshell on August 02, 2014, 10:18:49 AM
morbidly, deathly allergic to nuts

Even if you weren't I wouldn't recommend it, since it's very sticky and could cause trouble with the surgery sites.

Try lightly seasoned mashed potatoes (the kind you can get at a grocery in a little packet in different flavors, usually only for ~$1 a piece), mashed avocados (high fat & protein content, good since you can't eat regular food and thus need more nutritious things) or mashed bananas.

Cockleshell

since we grow potatoes on the farm, my mother went out and pulled up a potato plant, boiled some, and ran it through the blender. good god this tastes like heaven
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Bella

Good good.

Also: Applesauce, yams, soft fruit in general, smoothies (make sure it's seedless), tofu, in a day or two you can probably eat soft pasta also.

Nichi

Homemade mashed potatoes sounds amazing; mom always did the "just add water" kind.

So far, today is better than yesterday...barring this old fart whose breath smells like a toilet, demanding I move his number to a new phone when my boss clearly told me to not mess with phones today, and his old phone was lost and constantly finished every sentence with "you understand what I saying?" (Such simple words fill me with such rage; its arogant when they clearly know nothing about how the world works outside of their trailer). Just, urgh; I fucking hate these backwoods old people >>;

EDIT: At last I get my lunch break; nearly 2 hours late >_>;
(Also, found out I'm stuck closing with my most-hated coworker. Yay)

Chocofreak13

Mashed Potatoes
cube potatoes
add 1/3 of a vegetable boullion cube and water until just covered
boil till soft
mash
add butter
add 2 caps of milk

@cockle: ahh, forgot about that. i found canned soup to be a good option, too, since after it cools a bit you can just swallow the whole thing free and clear. the little chunks of chicken make for good protein.
though dem potatoes sound divine. *0*

i am having a bitch of a time finding the first episode of Touhou - A Summer Day's Dream. the second episode is seeded six ways to sunday and was quick as hell to download, but the first episode is nigh impossible to find. >>;

on another note, EVERYONE FUCKING CLICK THIS EGG NOW
http://digi-egg.tumblr.com/post/93617920517/want-to-know-more-about-the-new-digimon-adventure
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I wish I was off today, or at least, I didn't have to juggle both jobs; my stomach is messed up right now and I'd like to rest :\

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Odin Yggdrasil

stewartsage

Bella

Have you finally taken the plunge and started watching Serial Experiments Lain?!

winduko

Doing summer homework at the last minute is painful.

And I mean that physically. My hand hurts because I wrote a lot.

Nichi

@Bella: I've considered maybe giving it another shot; last time I tried watching it was when TechTV aired it about 10 years ago, and it creeped me the fuck out back then .___.; (Although, I've since went through and survived the End of Evangelion; it kinda feels like it's hard to get any worse than that -w-;; )

Bella

Serial Experiments Lain is awesome. Unsettling, psychically-alienating and paranoia-soaked but worth it. It's not something you can sit down and watch in one setting though, I don't think, although it's probably worth a second viewing just to better absorb its meaning, as well as all the cultural, historic and technological references.

Odin Yggdrasil

Quote from: Bella on August 03, 2014, 11:49:20 PM
Serial Experiments Lain is awesome. Unsettling, psychically-alienating and paranoia-soaked but worth it. It's not something you can sit down and watch in one setting though, I don't think, although it's probably worth a second viewing just to better absorb its meaning, as well as all the cultural, historic and technological references.

Most people have to watch it two or three times before the full significance of it even sinks in. And that was early 90s scifi- the computers depicted still retain the characteristic whine of the early hard drives and power supplies of that time period. I kinda miss the noise actually, modern systems usually either run silently or make an obnoxious buzzing from high speed cooling fans.

Also so much rain indeed.

I got to work this morning to discover the building had been partially flooded. Not a major problem- we're still getting work done, but most of the welding shop has standing water on the floor that is slowly evaporating now that the doors are up.