Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Do I even want to know what happened with Ms. Kublebeck?

Me and Stew would raise Canadian children because we'll move there. I'm making him. 0__0

Congrats on the pills, pizza and manga!

Nichi

I could use some pills right about now; preferably ibuprofen to deal with this godawful headache brought on by work today (Having to have so much shit crammed into my brain when I'm already fatigued and was supposed to get off an hour ago) :\

@soda vs. pop: It seems most common for every last goddamn carbonated beverage to be called a "Coke" in these parts, because everyone is too fucking stupid to know otherwise :\

SleepyD

I grew up hearing soda (California native) and soft drink (Filipino immigrant parents).
I have family in Kansas City (pop), Chicago (pop), Houston (soda/coke), and St. Louis (soda).

Pitkin

I've always called them "soda pops". Do I win a prize? x)

edit: Or - do pardon my French - "that shit in the fridge".

LeaflameSD

Well in the UK, we call soda "fizzy drinks".

Nichi

My cat calls it "murr~". Then again, he calls everything that -w-;

Bella

Quote from: Pitkin on July 23, 2014, 02:13:22 AM
I've always called them "soda pops". Do I win a prize? x)

TIL Pitkin is actually from the midwest or maybe Canada.

Joking aside, I had no idea the term "pop" is used outside North America.

Nichi

Me either, TBH; interesting to note

LeaflameSD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on July 23, 2014, 09:38:27 AM
My cat calls it "murr~". Then again, he calls everything that -w-;
kek

winduko

I either use soda or (rarely) soda pop, and I understand when people call it pop. My dad and I are from southeast Wisconsin, and my mom is from the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. My mom's parents both likely would have used pop (one is from the UP and the other is from Chicago), and my dad's parents both likely would have used soda (both are from California, but I don't know exactly where in California, but a lot of the state uses soda).

Also, Canadian friend calls it pop, but we call it soda when we're speaking together because people from the US are like that.

I have a tendency to think deeply about characters, and so I tend to have very serious headcanons on this subject. It gets more notable with a fandom where OSes have a human form and some OSes are nicknamed after locations and so I feel required to think about that.

Bella

TIL some people from the midwest call it soda!

Quote from: winduko on July 23, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
I have a tendency to think deeply about characters, and so I tend to have very serious headcanons on this subject. It gets more notable with a fandom where OSes have a human form and some OSes are nicknamed after locations and so I feel required to think about that.[/s]

I don't quite follow ... are you talking about characters/OS-tans and regional speech patterns?

Because I have a lot to say about that also.

Nichi

@Bella: What does "TIL" mean?

So, I'm looking into jobs in Tyler right now; mostly at the hospital. Even if I don't have a car yet, I'll just chance it; I'm tired of both jobs right now, as the people training me at Wal-Mart are both leaving in 2 weeks (And as I just discovered, they've only scratched the surface on my training) and there's a lot of drama at Pizza Hut :\

winduko

@Bella: Yes. Very much so. I have very strong opinions on those.

Chocofreak13

gah, there's a perfect image for this but the manga's at hoooooome!!! ><;;;;
click to make it bigger