os tans anime: good or bad?

good! <3
24 (85.7%)
bad >_<
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: September 21, 2008, 04:32:04 PM

Chocofreak13

seeing as how i'm the only one here, might as well.

i suppose everyone's seen the amazing fake "os tan anime opening" flash.

any thoughts on what os tans would be like as an anime? (i know i'd love it. <3)
also, wiki says that os-tans were created by random japanese artists. anyone know who they are? (potential os-anime project when i'm older)
click to make it bigger

Persona

An anime of OS tans would be so cute, and they could make it funny too by getting some software jokes in it.

If they ever do it, they should also make a Console-tan anime as well
I love: Mecha Musume, OS-tan, Furry Girls.

DarkSign

Wow! An anime would be great! Dunno if the companies will accept it, hahahaha.

Smokey

Would be great if done properly, else it would really suck and raep the whole phenomena...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Cockleshell

You'd have to get major permission from apple, microsoft, and the creators of all the -tans i guess...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

CaptBrenden

Secoonded... As much as I love the tans and anime for them isnt likely. That is a major production thing and would require all sorts of licencing, permissions and copyrights, which would not come cheap, and I dont think the original creators would give up the rights.   I think your asperations would be better suited to creating your own original story and characters for people to love
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

thread now officially torpedoed....
But it's true, it's not easy to animate or get licenses...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

cirtanly not. Animation, least good profesional animation, requires a full team of animators, it wouldnt be just a single persons thing.  Lead animators to draw the key frames, tweeners to to do the ones between, the background artists, cel painters, etc.. besides, seems most everyone in the US seems to be doing 3d animation these days.. say when was the last time disney actually created a 2d animated feature that didnt go straight to DVD?

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Smokey

well, i meant that it isn't something that can be done in, say, a wek or so...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Cockleshell

whoa, this posting is way too fast for me

CaptBrenden

You could create a doujinshi anime, but it wouldnt be that high quality, and it would be a pain to find enough artists willing to work on it without the corporate paycheck that quality animators could get

I wanted to be an animator, but i think Ill stick to comics

Smokey

Manga would probably be easier...

Come to think of it though, how many copyright laws are we infringing wit the OS-tans, anyway?
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

none, they are nto copyrighted.  thats the deal with them, and thats why deja vu got in so much trouble, they tried to copyright and sell them, claim them for their own and the original creators were quite angry. that and they were taking artistic licences with them like made a differnt NT and such. anyhow, thats why im constantly reminding people around here that we are to honor the tans and where they come from and make no attempt to claim them as our own.  Every work I create based on them is fan artwork, simply showing how much I love them.  Honestly im not sure how doujin artists get away with selling comics based on them tho.. then again doujins overall seem to be shady in that aspect cus they do it for things that are copyrighted

Smokey

But doesn't the industry mind us using their logo's and names and such?
Thanks Fedora-sama