Cosplay

Started by Toki, March 11, 2008, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

It seems like only asians can do good cosplay...

I am currently working on a Emuii-tan costume, But I am still in the beginning stages. Could you please tell me the things you like best about ME-tan so I can try and incorporate them? I am so ashamed of all the bad cosplay, so I want to do my very best!!

Added after 4 hours 44 minutes:

... Please ;__;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

humm this will take some thought...

The most important part of cosplay is picking a character that you can actually pull off...  a fat unshaven man really cant do sailor moon... etc.    

let me think about the ME-tan thing tho....  Oh, first off, buy roll cakes to take with you before you go out X3
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

And a supply of leeks. Always remember the Leek, for it is your Sword.

-w-

As one who have cosplayed as an OS-kun before I can say that you should just be prepared not to be recognized, and that's all ^^
Although, I was both cosplaying as a very obscure character whilst ME is one of the most profilic - as well as the Con's over here not being filled with very...educated people. So you might as well find someone else doing OS-Tans where you go, who knows? ^^

That said, good luck.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Toki

ano... well... though I am not a hairy man, I'm not very cute but I'm very little, and I have green eyes. I think that if my wig is awesome enough people won't notice my ickyness as much. My costume is turning out pretty good so far too... Seeing as I can't bring a real loituma on an aeroplane (I'm flying to Sakura-con haha) I've been sort of contemplating how to make one... any ideas? I'm not sure where to get the cake rolls, but I thought it would be fun to pass them out ^o^ I like doing things like that.

Other props I'm considering:

ctr-alt-delete keyboard
Manilla Folder marked 'pr0n' (kinda scared...)
Longcat scarf (just cuz I already made one!! o_o!!)
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Dos

"I think you need is some recover disk too
-Dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

Toki

Yes... perhaps... I think the only thing I'll end up making is the loituma, but I'd like the other things for fun.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

ZOMG XD

Im registered for all 3 days of sakura con X3  The seattle convention center is 30 minutes from here so I dont have to fly.

-_- I cant cosplay yet tho..   gah.  Hehe but ill have to look for you then!  If i see a me-tan, it will prolly be you!

Toki

It's a six hour flight for me >o< I was going to bus, but... thats eighteen hours of my life I'd never get back...

If I do a bad job of cosplaying Emuii-san you have to punch me, okay? >:0
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

D: I cant punch you!  Ill just help you fix it X3

NejinOniwa

I envy you americans for that...where I live there's like 2 acceptable conventions during the whole year, so I don't have much to go on...sad. -__-

Toki

But since theres so many you kinda go crazyyyy!! I want to go to them all >_< But I can't because plane tickets are so expensive ;-;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

I never heard of any OtaCon being held in holland, so *waaaaaahhhh*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I mourn with you, mai friend.

Btw, is there any acceptable cons held in continental Europe?

Smokey

Beats me...Sure hope so...America is an expensive destiny to fly to...So is Japan for that matter...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Toki

I'd let you share a hotel room with me ^-^

NO ECCHI IDEAS. I'LL SLEEP IN THE BATHROOM. AAH.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!