MEWXPZLFUDAWV Club!

Started by Bella, November 29, 2007, 11:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dos

laptops are okay but they over heat very fast and you really can up gate than. Okay i keep the band aids around. Some cookies sound good right now

"Go off to make cookies
Start to sing"cooking is so fun cooking so fun let  break see what we have done YAY IT'S READY!"
-Dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

Bella

QuoteSource of pride, here.... ^_____^

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117;fp;16;fpid;1

I love these kinds of stories. ^.^

Wow!

QuoteA war of the OStan They be no winner in this war

Dos, The M*A*S*H os

Dos speaks the truth!

QuoteDon't know what this "mash" stuff is, but makes me hungry....
Let's mash up some cookies for this young DOS girl! ^0^

You've never heard of M*A*S*H? For shame :P

QuoteBut I did find this heart-wrenching piece:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/leader/0,1000002982,39292416,00.htm

Oh,... OS/2-sama..... ;^-^;

Look on the bright side! OS/2 will be open sourced in only...oh, 22 years!
But in sappy news...why am I seriously wanting to draw OS/2-sama...@__@

QuoteRegarding the Macbook Air:
Well, it's thin but not small. A major turn-off for me is the fact that it doesn't come with a CD drive. -_- I did notice how apple's spokesman did put in a word about Itunes though... Shameless advertising? (Yes, without a Optical drive they'll be forced to use our pay services!) Though I've seen M$ do alot worse. I'd still perfer an EeePC.

QuoteI don't mind it not having the optical drive -- I mean with the right technology, you could potentially obsolete optical disks. But by GAWD it's just a thin laptop,... and for all intents purposes, not really much better than the cheaper Macbooks.

Granted we now have much thinner processors thanks to this,... but... not much else in the innovative department....

And no user replaceable battery it seems either.....

Yeah, I ain't impressed very much : |

No replaceable battery? WTF? What happens when you wear the battery down?!

C-Chan

QuoteStart to sing"cooking is so fun cooking so fun let break see what we have done YAY IT'S READY!"

Aha!  You know what this calls for now, no?  ^^

*starts rummaging around for flying Chiyo pigtails*

QuoteYou've never heard of M*A*S*H? For shame :P

It's one of those things I've heard the name of, but never really had the chance to watch it for myself.  Other notable iconic mysteries to me are:  Lost, Dr. Who, All My Children, Dragonball Z (or x,y,whatever?), etc, etc, etc....

Maybe if I could break myself out into multiple C-chans.  -v-

QuoteLook on the bright side! OS/2 will be open sourced in only...oh, 22 years!

Just shoot me now and get it over with.  T___T'

QuoteBut in sappy news...why am I seriously wanting to draw OS/2-sama...@__@

Oh no you don't!  ^0^

*brings her focus back to Plan9-tan & Co. pic*

QuoteNo replaceable battery? WTF? What happens when you wear the battery down?!

For me that's a design flaw that has kept me away from iPods.  But I reckon it's worse on a full-fledged laptop.  Especially for someone like you who's on the go a lot taking pictures, and don't necessarily have access to an AC jack (or even a car at the time), that'd be very annoying to have the thing fail on you and not have any spares handy.

Also, it's the thinnest notebook now in the market, but not historically:

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9850943-7.html

Granted Apple knows its marketing, I still say they could've done better.  TT

NekOSaka

Quote*starts rummaging around for flying Chiyo pigtails*

Noooo! You don't know what there capable of!!! They steal minds!!!!

C-Chan

Really?  `v'

<___<

>___>

*sticks them on NekOsaka*

Ahh!!!  It's no good!  You're gonna have to go fly somewhere!   ;^0^;

NekOSaka

"You underestimate me C-Chan!"
-paweeeeeeeeee-
*NekOSaka MIND CRUSH!*
*pigtails fall to ground and burst into flames*
"You forgot one key aspect C-Chan! Those things were reading MY mind! So I just let my mind work the way it does and overloaded those foul creatures instantly. They never stood a chance."
-tweeen-

C-Chan

NOOOOO!!!!  Those cost me 50000 yen!!  ^0^
Now I have to go snipe another pair at eBay.... ;___;

Plus now I'll have to get DOS-chan to cosplay something else... lesse....

*starts rummaging for some OSX Tiger apparel*

Dos

Hey what this on the ground
"pick up Chiyo pigtails*"
I know i put it on
"wiggle around on dos head for min"
I think this look cool on me, but i need get home soon Chiyo-Dad  going to be making dinner soon. I think we having some that red color
"Start to Fly home"
-Dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

NekOSaka

Yes... But is it too red?

C-Chan

There's never such a thing as too red.  ^.^

In any event,....

*tosses latest news feed out*

THIS JUST IN!!!!  ^V^

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Torvalds-Linux-is-ready-to-go-green/0,130061733,339285555,00.htm

Another matter of personal pride to me, but one I don't really have to worry as much about.  Because just the fact that it makes older hardware last longer already does much to cut down on excessive eWaste, which results in a much greater environmental impact than carbon emissions from electricity consumption.

Bella

QuoteIt's one of those things I've heard the name of, but never really had the chance to watch it for myself. Other notable iconic mysteries to me are: Lost, Dr. Who, All My Children, Dragonball Z (or x,y,whatever?), etc, etc, etc....

Maybe if I could break myself out into multiple C-chans. -v-

Speaking of which...the season premier of Lost is tonight!

*throws confetti*

Just warning you, in case I make any shipwrecked-crazy-survivalist-French-woman-who-had-her-baby-stolen-by-Others-and-raised as-their-own-with-no-knowledge-of-her-mother/VMS-sama, NT-san and M$ references (and trust me, I will make aforementioned references!)

QuoteJust shoot me now and get it over with. T___T'

Cheer up, only 19 years to go!

QuoteOh no you don't! ^0^

*brings her focus back to Plan9-tan & Co. pic*

Yes, but I must plan for the future! :P

QuoteFor me that's a design flaw that has kept me away from iPods. But I reckon it's worse on a full-fledged laptop. Especially for someone like you who's on the go a lot taking pictures, and don't necessarily have access to an AC jack (or even a car at the time), that'd be very annoying to have the thing fail on you and not have any spares handy.

Not only that, but I need a Flash memory card drive ;)

QuoteAlso, it's the thinnest notebook now in the market, but not historically:

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9850943-7.html

Granted Apple knows its marketing, I still say they could've done better. TT

WTF?!?!? The thinnest notebook was released in 1998?!? Was it...like...literally a pad of paper in which one takes notes?

^Just kidding, BTW :P

C-Chan

QuoteYes, but I must plan for the future! :P

Nope! I ain't falling for that again!  ^___^

*chains Bella up to Plan 9 & Co pic*

QuoteNot only that, but I need a Flash memory card drive

Oh snap!  I didn't even realize it didn't have an SD card reader!  @__@'
And only 1 USB port?!!!  @@;

Just as a comparison, my lovely EeePC has THREE USB ports and one card reader,... and still manages to be one pound lighter.   (the Cloudbook only has two USB ports, but includes a DVI port and is a few grams lighter)  ^.^

Oh Apple, Apple, Apple.... WHAT have you done?  ;___;

QuoteWTF?!?!? The thinnest notebook was released in 1998?!? Was it...like...literally a pad of paper in which one takes notes?

^Just kidding, BTW :P

UBER LOL.  ^V^

Bella

QuoteOh snap! I didn't even realize it didn't have an SD card reader! @__@'
And only 1 USB port?!!! @@;

Just as a comparison, my lovely EeePC has THREE USB ports and one card reader,... and still manages to be one pound lighter. (the Cloudbook only has two USB ports, but includes a DVI port and is a few grams lighter) ^.^

Oh Apple, Apple, Apple.... WHAT have you done? ;___;

One card reader? One card reader? My K8 has...like...three slots, which can read six or seven different kinds of cards. And a firewire port, and four USB ports...

Still, that's not bad for a UMPC ;)

C-Chan

Hell yeah.  At that size, it shouldn't have too fit anything, but there it goes supporting SD/SDHC cards.  ^^

I hate to say it, but I think multiple built-in card slots is too excessive (I have them in my Acer desktop).  Granted some of them have their advantages, most memory cards are, by and large, the same thing.  And some of the more infernal ones (like Sony's Memory Sticks) deserve to go the way of other infernal media (e.g., those infernal SuperDisks *shakes fist vengefully*).  

That being said, I'll side with SD as a standard.  If only because the micro-SD cards are so damn cute.  -v-

On the other hand, I don't at all mind external readers....

...just external DVD drives, which are often quite big and bulky.  ^^;

Added after 4 minutes:

Oh, and here's more shameful self-indulgence on my part....  ^.^

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/3724731

GYAH!!!!  I'm so happy for my baby girl!!  ^___^

*hugs and squeezes EeePC*

Contrary to popular belief, I do have planned drawing a ChiiVistan at some point.  Only she wouldn't be alone, but rather would literally have a whole entourage of sleek, lightweight, little UMPC-tans at her feet.  ^^

Bella

QuoteContrary to popular belief, I do have planned drawing a ChiiVistan at some point. Only she wouldn't be alone, but rather would literally have a whole entourage of sleek, lightweight, little UMPC-tans at her feet. ^^

C-Chan...drawing...a Vistan...wa-wasn't t-this a prophecy hinted at in Revelation...?

*straps on sandwich board, grabs bell*

The end is nigh! The end is nigh!