The "Old games I still like to play" thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, November 29, 2007, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i can see using the mouse for a computer game, but only when it calls for it. for example, Chip's Challenge, a game i have from the early 90's, uses the directional buttons on the keyboard. it's a standard 16-bit adventure game, with puzzles, traps, monsters and the like, so it makes sense to use the keyboard for that.
however, another game i have from the (mid) 90's, Theme Hospital, is about managing a hospital, and thus it wouldn't make sense to use the keyboard for any of that.

as for the PS controller, alot of PS1 games don't even use the control sticks, and i've only found a few PS2 games where the d-pad isn't an option.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Pitkin on March 14, 2011, 04:30:02 AM
I just wanted to post that I prefer mouse to everything else. xD I mostly play slow-paced games which don't really require me to press many buttons at once, so it's perfect. ^^
I mash buttons like crazy.
I should record a match of me in STO pvp with "show keys pressed" on.

NejinOniwa

KEYBOARD
KEYBOARD FOR EVERYTHING

Mouse for FPS and RTS purposes.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i still vote that it depends on the game. >.<;
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

SC2 = so much keyboard and mouse action that it could kill.

NejinOniwa

SC, as in SupCom?

Then very yes. However, SC:FA is still master race. =w=

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: NejinOniwa on March 15, 2011, 04:52:57 PM
SC, as in SupCom?

Then very yes. However, SC:FA is still master race. =w=

STARCRAFT2

NejinOniwa

QuoteSTARCRAFT
STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM

Chocofreak13

DO A BARREL ROLL~~

oh wait, that's starfox.

i have an urge to play super smash brothers now....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

*Dusts off old thread*

One older game I've been playing lately is Sonic CD; since I finally bought another copy of it...although I have to play it on an emulator, because my Genesis looks like crap on my HDTV since I only have an RF switch for it. It's one that's been hanging on my backlog for years; the closest I ever came to beating it was the 2nd-to-last zone, because I just couldn't beat that boss.

Chocofreak13

do games for the PS2 count as old? if so, i have a renewed urge to play disgaea, so i'm planning on doing that later. :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Last generation =/= old in general, I'm afraid. Unless generations are really, really long...

Chocofreak13

well, disgaea came out in 03', as did most of the games i play. either that, or they came out before. :\

well, since it's not 10+ years yet, i'll start a new thread about it. :\
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Shufflepuck Café <3 It's from 1989 originally for Apple Macintosh, but I first saw it on Amiga 500, and the last few years've played it in DOSBox. ^-^

stewartsage

Hey Pitkin-dono, you want most of an Amiga 500 (lacking most cables)?  I need to get rid of this one.....

Not sure if I mentioned it before but 50 Mission Crush may just be my favorite game of all time.  Especially on the emulator induced hard mode.