The "Old games I still like to play" thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, November 29, 2007, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

Oh what wouldve we do without eBay...

'swans have a couple FF games if i remember correctly, and some other Square games, like, Front Mission 1.
Theyre pretty much SNES ports, which is quite astonishing for a handheld from around '99-01.
Only thing buggers me about them is the lack of screen light and also sound is on 8-bit level, so it sounds all "nes" blippety blop, even if game is obviously from a SNES.

Still, if I had lived in japan, I wouldve probably gotten a wonderswan color and had it until GBA SP came out, obviously as the original GBA didnt really offer anything compared to the 'swan. Other than just a massive library of games...

I still want a Wonderswan Color. Just dont know how comfortable its to play FF1 and 2 in japanese...

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Chocofreak13

found FF7 ^^;

i'd like to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 again. that game rocks. ^^
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Quote from: PizzaDrill on January 27, 2011, 10:43:38 AM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Megaman 2

Megaman <3

Fedora-Tan'd approve of those both. x) I've only recently seen Jagged Alliance (originally from the early 1990s), but it's a very interesting game to watch someone who's good at it play. I need to emphasize the watching part, though, as trying to play it myself I find myself totally incapable of getting through a day, not to mention that I'm never good at games with shooting or strategy. ._.

edit: I forgot the reason to post in the first place: nice to hear you found the FF7 at the end. ^-^

Chocofreak13

yees -w-

i kinda wish i could play dragon quest since it's supposed to be a classic.
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Whats preventing you from playing it?

Anyways, because british Royal Mail is retarded, my Zelda1 and Lagrange point FC games are still in their sorting office or something.
Funny thing is that another FC game I bought later, arrived already, and it came on slower regular airmail.
No logic in whole thing.

But yeah... Famicom Wars FTW.

Chocofreak13

whoo!!!

oh, and i don't have it. i know someone who does, but it's missing the first disk. :\
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Disk... Wait what. You say classic DQ and then its not even a NES title?

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Just recently I played again The Secret of Monkey Island and the Day of the Tentacle. Both are LucasArts point-and-click classics. <3 ^-^

Chocofreak13

monkey island!!!

oh, btw, i was going to find and download mind maze.....it was a part of encarta and i used to play it as a little kid. it was so epic, and i felt smart even though i always picked the odds and ends catagory. xD
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Quote from: Pitkin on January 30, 2011, 04:57:18 PM
Just recently I played again The Secret of Monkey Island and the Day of the Tentacle. Both are LucasArts point-and-click classics. <3 ^-^
I love you. No homo.

NejinOniwa

Protip: She's marrying Fedora in august. No luck for you, I'm afraid.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger