The "What Can YOU Draw With Basic Drawing Software?" Thread!

Started by Kyo-Chan, October 06, 2007, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDaab

MSPaint tutorial eh? sound pretty ridiculous.

I've never done tutorials because I find most tutorials really useless, but this is when talking about tutorials found on DevianTart.
Other reason I never done tutorials is that in my opinion,
I don't have any specific things that would be useful to other artists.

How I make these things, is by using the line tool and make line art--> paintbucket--->shading--->maybe background--> finished.
Of course add 9000hours of tweaking, minor adjusting and correcting.

One with a sharp eye can notice that my MSPaint works have in techinque evolved some since the first post in this thread.

Bella

WOW!

Nice work, VonDaab! Amazes me what can be done in paint when one has a lot of talent and time :D

Siya

I was kinda happy I didn't have MSPaint until I noticed this thread...

I think I'll survive, though.  Nice works are coming out of here. ^__^

VonDaab

Hmmm... wonder where's all the people that used to post stuff here, like Darknight and Gussy.

Heh, it's almost like the topic should be changed to "VonDaabs MSPaint spam". eh heh.

I remember Capt's Hunk sketch from the first page, now that's something we need more to this thread.

And I should try getting an another subject for my drawings and not the same character all the time.

NejinOniwa

I would if I could, but...pixelate doesn't really charm me -.-; Also I suck at msPaint. I find the Gimp usable, though.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

my hunk sketch was quite messy -_-  it would have been a bitch to clean up and color
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Darknight_88

Quote from: "VonDaab"Hmmm... wonder where's all the people that used to post stuff here, like Darknight and Gussy.

shush, Darknight has been playing a lot of Navyfield in the last month and weeks >_>

Gotta use the limited decent-Internet days I have available <_<

oh hi

:D

VonDaab

Gee, it sure is boring around here.
Wonder what's MSPaint up to?

Hi DK, good to see that you're still alive.

Added after 4 hours 5 minutes:

Here comes a hueg one.
Okay, so I made an attempt on the tutorial thing.
I'm really bad in tutorial making so this might have too much/little information.

So here we go.
I start with some simple lines to get the head right and then proceed to the hair, body, etc. The head is the only place where i use somekind of guidelines. Here is also my universal palette that I've buildt up when painting, makes stuff bit faster and easier when you dont need to mix again new colors for new drawings.
Colors and some names to indicate their use.

Here, the lineart for the head.
Notice that this time it really is a different character, as I promised.
Note that I use darker version of the skin and hair color to make the lineart. There is a mid-tone reserved as the shading color (see the palette in 1. pic)

This drawing changed a lot when I was drawing it, mostly because I really didn't have a stable concept so I ended up trying lot of different poses and stuff.

Errr... so, hmm...
Complete lineart.

From this I then proceeded to paint-bucketing it, important to check that all lines are closed so that it wont bleed. Very simple.

The the shading part, which consists of drawing simple "borders" where the shadows end and then simply bucketing them.
In this drawing though I've only done a 1-color shading, with 2 or 3-color shading like the brass goggle girl from earlier, it's suggested to use some rastering (very time consuming). I might at some point make a mini tutorial for the rastering.

Then some small adjusting, background, clouds and then its ready.

Yeah, so this was a bit small and undetailed drawing, just had to do someting to get this tutorial done.

Gussy Keniji

QuoteHmmm... wonder where's all the people that used to post stuff here, like Darknight and Gussy.
Someone call my name -3-

Been too busy with Cave Story modding and such to get back into my MSPaint mojo...but coincidentally I need MSpaint to draw up sprites for said mod, so I maybe using it alot more often now. Also awesomsauce tutorials here as well VonDaab ^^d

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Wut..."

NekOSaka

Kiso

Woah... MS Paint? this is one place where I will suck at... no matter how much drawing experience I have.

You sure got me beat. ^__^'
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

VonDaab

Quote from: "NekOSaka"I sense a severe lack of MS paintings.

Yeah, well... One of my unofficial new-years resolutions was to waste less time on MSPaint and seek mental help for it or something.

Quote from: "Kiso"Woah... MS Paint? this is one place where I will suck at... no matter how much drawing experience I have.

You sure got me beat. ^__^'

Oh no you le don't.
Have you even tried MSPaint?

I won't accept your statement before you have posted a drawing!

Srsly, MSPaint is far from a pro-graphics software, so you can't expect anything awesome from it, at least not on the first try.
Just try it.

Do it now.

...Why are you still reading this?

Kiso

Uhm... I have tried it already... a long time ago... thank god.

I will give it another try... just to make you feel happy... and me even more frustrated on a program that provides no goood to people wanting local expansion. *hates MS for using old, cheap imaging programs*
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

VonDaab

Ever used any Oekaki software?

Now that is one non-userfriendly drawing software.

I feel more home in MSPaint+Mouse than any Oekaki+Tablet.

NekOSaka

I'll take a shot at MS paint too, though I'll have to cop out and draw a gun or something because I suck at drawing people. Buddha knows how long that will take me anyway... XP