Siya's Concept Hut

Started by Siya, July 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfamille

OliveBSD-tan is such...wow! Really nice job done!  ;019
The outfit perfectly looks great on her figure, not only that but the outfit really looks beautiful by all means.

Thumbs up to Siya!  ;010

QuoteIn any event, who says OS-tans don't make great advertisement? I had not even heard of Croquet before you came, and while the demo does look creepy (I imagine its in preconcept or alpha stages), I can see that it's trying to build a system not unlike the virtual interfaces features in the Ghost in the Shell series.

...just like "Magical Toko-chan" for BSD, mind you ;)

Siya

Quote from: "C-Chan"Glad you asked. ^__^
I'd like to take what you mentioned about modernizing ancient or primitive fashion designs, but work it in reverse. ^.^

SAGE-tan strikes me as one of those stereotypical hot-blooded, smart-mouthed, nuclear trigger-happy yet overly-idealistic American generals from the 1950's, with just a touch of "eggheadness" (like the NASA engineers from 'Apollo 13').

GMOS-tan, though, was a union-sympathetic industrialist (sounds like an oxymoron... ^^') with a slight Henry Ford complex, that has a passion for efficiency and style, but also for keeping her employees happy and her customers coming.

Depending on how they would dress in similar real-life professions (SAGE-tan = gawdy military uniform; GMOS-tan = blue-collar wear to motivate her workers), the challenge is to take such inherently modern clothing and make it look "ancient". ^___^

BTW, Neither was particular intelligent compared to their modern counterparts, so to perform even basic math and letters they were dependent on an army of human engineers and typists.

Both are technically long-since deceased (and better for them -- they probably wouldn't survive in today's high-paced OS-tan world), but are considered "legendary" OS-tans in their literature so their pictures could have a 19th century beige and white look to them, or an 18th century oil-paint portraiture feel to them.
(or if you REALLY want to go wild, Byzantine or Roman art style, or maybe ancient Chinese/Japanese?) ^^;
Cool!  I'll keep these things in mind.

Quote from: "C-Chan"Fufufu... The Godzilla eyebeams were really just a joke...
Ah, but the OS-tans, themselves, are a joke, no?  

Quote from: "Alfamille"...just like "Magical Toko-chan" for BSD, mind you
Magical Toko-chan?

So, on to other things...

Has anybody heard of a virus called Monkey-on-Your-Back?  I was skimming a book on computer viruses when I noticed it.  I, unfortunately, didn't retain much about it other than the name and that it had some historical significance.  I haven't had much luck in searching for it but, then again, I didn't really put too much effort into the search.  Anyway, I sketched a potential design for Monkey-on-Your-Back-tan:

I don't intend to make too many viru-tans, but Monkey-on-Your-Back was just there.

Also, I tend to use IrfanView a lot...at least when I don't need more advanced image editing options.  I decided to design an IrfanView-tan.  I decided this a while ago, so I have a whole bunch of concept sketches, now:

The general concept I have going is a cat-girl in a red dress.  The dress has a high waist, banded with a tire tread.  These allude to the IrfanView icon/mascot...a roadkill cat.  Her tail and ears would both have red fur.  She also wears black goggles, black tights, black sleeves and red shoes.  I'm debating whether her hair should be black or red (or orange).  I'm also not sure if I want give her filmstrip ribbons for her hair (seen in the top three sketches and the tiny one to the far left).  The filmstrip ribbons would only be in reference to the slideshow feature.  I think, though, I like her better without the ribbons.

Weapons I've considered (if she were to be in need of them) are an X-acto knife and a filmstrip whip.  I'm more interested in the X-acto knife, since I mostly use IrfanView for quick image edits like image cropping and size changes.

I've also sketched out a Parsix-tan design:

...or maybe two, since I'm also interested in the one in the back, too.  I feel as if the front design is closer to the right personality I'm looking for, though.  Although, I don't know if either design could be considered Persian, by any means...

C-Chan

QuoteHas anybody heard of a virus called Monkey-on-Your-Back? I was skimming a book on computer viruses when I noticed it. I, unfortunately, didn't retain much about it other than the name and that it had some historical significance. I haven't had much luck in searching for it but, then again, I didn't really put too much effort into the search. Anyway, I sketched a potential design for Monkey-on-Your-Back-tan:

Fu.... it would seem that Gus-san's influence is spreading.  ^__^
Even right down to the use of animals hats.  ^v^
If not for the fact that she's a virus, I'd swear she could be friends with Darwin-tan (then again,... maybe if she's a Windows virus?).

Excellent sketch!  ^^ b

QuoteAlso, I tend to use IrfanView a lot...at least when I don't need more advanced image editing options. I decided to design an IrfanView-tan. I decided this a while ago, so I have a whole bunch of concept sketches, now:

The general concept I have going is a cat-girl in a red dress. The dress has a high waist, banded with a tire tread. These allude to the IrfanView icon/mascot...a roadkill cat. Her tail and ears would both have red fur. She also wears black goggles, black tights, black sleeves and red shoes. I'm debating whether her hair should be black or red (or orange). I'm also not sure if I want give her filmstrip ribbons for her hair (seen in the top three sketches and the tiny one to the far left). The filmstrip ribbons would only be in reference to the slideshow feature. I think, though, I like her better without the ribbons.

Weapons I've considered (if she were to be in need of them) are an X-acto knife and a filmstrip whip. I'm more interested in the X-acto knife, since I mostly use IrfanView for quick image edits like image cropping and size changes.

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!  IRFANVIEW!!!!!!!!!!  ^V^
The only one true program I miss from Windows (oh why oh WHY is there no Linux port!).  ^0^
True I have it set up in Wine, but it just ain't the same.  ;___;
A combination of Gwenview and KColourpaint (and recently KSquirrel) help match it in speed and function, but certainly not practicality.  ;_______;

In any event, because I've used the program extensively, I absolutely HAD to LOL at the road-kill motif.  That just screams to be colored!  ^___^

Other C-chan approved features:

- Catgirl.  (nyaa! ^___^)
- Meganekko (mandatory!  ^__~)
- Red furand dress (sexxxeh!  ^.^)
- Filmstrip ribbons (reel em in!  ^v^)
- Hair (how about a compromise,... dark red, aka burgundy?  ^.^)
- X-acto knife weapon (only official weapon,... the film strip whip she can improvise from her ribbons when in a pinch... ^v^)

QuoteI've also sketched out a Parsix-tan design:

...or maybe two, since I'm also interested in the one in the back, too. I feel as if the front design is closer to the right personality I'm looking for, though. Although, I don't know if either design could be considered Persian, by any means...

WOW!  GODDESS!!!!  ^V^
Gomen, Musix-sama....  I may have to go,... "distro-hopping" again..... ^___^

*lecherous laugh*  *v*

The design is simple, yet sassy and attractive!  ^___^
I agree the lack of ethnic detail is a bit of a downer, but then I don't really want to lose the design (except maybe perhaps for a full-length skirt).  And I guess we could get by with the shoes,... and maybe one of these very decorational spears.... ^.^

http://www.gnwtc.com/swordsother.htm

As for the other design, it's too small to really appreciate, but I like it as well.  However, I think it's a bit of a waste to use it on the same character, what with so many distro-tans in desperate need of a design.  ;___;

So....

Like a great pig once said:  "When in doubt, share"  ^.^

Bella

QuoteHas anybody heard of a virus called Monkey-on-Your-Back?

Kawaii! ^_^

Although Freespire-chan is often compared to Chiyo (from Azumanga Daioh), I have to say she's almost a doppleganger O__O

QuoteAlso, I tend to use IrfanView a lot

Cute! I've never used or even heard of IrfanView, but I love your design and all the little references you worked in!

The roadkill cat reference could have been weird...but in this case it's absolutely adorable!  ;010

QuoteI've also sketched out a Parsix-tan design:

Very elegant...I love her hat and spear!
Though I third that she should have more references to her homeland ;)

At any rate, I bet she'd be friends with Ubuntu-san...both OSs seem to be quite alike...

Alfamille

Quote from: "Siya"
Quote from: "Alfamille"...just like "Magical Toko-chan" for BSD, mind you
Magical Toko-chan?

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Image:Tokochan.jpg

She appeared earlier before OS-tans that were created in Futaba. She was made by some BSD and used her to promote BSD distros in the net.
Read here :)

Bella

Wow...that's really an interesting history behind the OS-tans...thanks for the link!

Techno the fox

Gah! I've been gone for a day or two again. -_- Darned busy schedule.

Anyway.. I spy new os-tans!

Monkey-on-your-back-tan: Hmm, never heard of that virus up until now. But that has perked my curiosity. *heads to google*
Anyway, Super Cute ^-^

Infranview-tan: O.O  GAWK...
Can't resist...Soo Cute..
Bwaaah!  *glomps*

(you thought I was going to explode didn't you?)

Yes I do use Infranview, I've had it in my laptop for quite a while now.

Parsix-tan: Oooh ^.^ How cute

My favorite of this group would definetly have to be Infranview-tan
I just can't resist the cargirls...especially ones as cute as she is.

Thumbs up Siya  ;010

Siya

IrfanView-tan is done!

I tried the dark red hair and it just wasn't working for me, so I went with the orange-red (taking with me the logic that red hair and a red outfit worked for Evangelion's Asuka)

Now that I've added the color, I'm glad that I kept the filmstrip ribbons.  I also gave the image viewer images to view.  All images were ones I already had on my computer.

I would respond to all your comments, right now, but I have to get to bed.  -_-zzz

C-Chan

WAI!!!!!!!!!  This is perfect, Siya-san!!!!!!!!!  ^V^

Actually, that's a good call on the hair,...  I have a hard time conceptualizing things in black & white, so I really needed to see this in color to give a better recommendation.  Had you stuck with dark red hair, ... methinks Irfanview-tan would've ended up resembling a certain Scooby-Doo character.  ^____^

Filmstrips do go a long way towards breaking up all that red, but my favorite thing (aside from the X-ACTO knife) was her shoes.  They have that cute, "Disgaea" quality to them.  ^___^

Bella

A catgirl with glasses was bound to be adorable...but in color she'd just too cute! ^_^

I really like the hair/dress color combo, and the filmstrips are cute! Very bold and bright!

The only thing I'm a tad disconcerted about is that picture nearest her finger...what's going on there ;)

Techno the fox

O.O

Yaaaa! *latches onto infranview-tan*

CUTENESS!

Mine!

Awesome work Siya ^-^

Quote from: "Bella"The only thing I'm a tad disconcerted about is that picture nearest her finger...what's going on there

*eyes pic strangely*

Yeah Siya. *continues stare*

C-Chan

QuoteThe only thing I'm a tad disconcerted about is that picture nearest her finger...what's going on there

Awwww now,... surely something with tentacles can't be bad, can it?  ^^

QuoteO.O

Yaaaa! *latches onto infranview-tan*

CUTENESS!

Mine!

Awesome work Siya ^-^

*looks jealously at Techno*

Hmmm,... darn,... should've thought of claiming her.... TT;

Wait,.....

Who did I claim last time?  '';

*ponders*

Was it Fluffies?  ''
[editor's note:  aka, Momonga-tan]

In any event,....

I actually came here to offer a bounty, Siya-san.  ^___^

After you've brought my daaaaaaaarling Parsix-tan to life in sweet, sweet technicolor (btw,... I tried out at the system for real and it works great,... ALT+SHIFT switches to Farsi anywhere!), I was wondering if you've given any thought to how a Minty-chan would look like?

Techno the fox

Quote from: "C-chan"*looks jealously at Techno*

Hmmm,... darn,... should've thought of claiming her.... TT;

Wait,.....

Who did I claim last time? '';

*ponders*

Was it Fluffies? ''
[editor's note: aka, Momonga-tan]

Well, Since you did promise to give me some time with Pu-chan..
I guess I could share her with you. ^-^
But don't get used to this. I'm not this generous every day...

Alfamille

Nice one on the IrfanView-tan.

Although her dress reminds me of someone.

Bella

QuoteAfter you've brought my daaaaaaaarling Parsix-tan to life in sweet, sweet technicolor (btw,... I tried out at the system for real and it works great,... ALT+SHIFT switches to Farsi anywhere!), I was wondering if you've given any thought to how a Minty-chan would look like?

I had the thought to make a MintLinux-tan...as usual, it got nowhere...

Something like a greener, shinier, perhaps more elegant, Ubuntu-tan...?