Main Menu

Weird dreams?

Started by Icelilly, July 02, 2007, 02:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Sorry for the double post, but I had one this morning that was worth sharing.

In it, my mom was cutting my hair, while I was working with 2k...when 2k went completely crazy; the interface looking like a miscolored Windows XP, when went to a Windows 2000 appearance, while being nearly unresponsive, and to top it all off, mom simply didn't care and felt I was overreacting. Also, I spoke in the voice of Brad Jones, for some reason; when I told mom "I don't want to waste 30 fucking hours reinstalling everything".

NejinOniwa

I was flying around the neighborhood with some manner of primitive and not all too dextrous wing mechanism. Challenging, but fun. A very simple yet enjoyable dream, for once.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

winduko

I was just reminded me of a dream I had when I was really young. In the first house I lived in, I was uncharacteristically nosing through my house at night. It's not the kind of thing I'd do as a toddler, as I often went to bed without being told, and the only time I didn't go to bed without being told was because I was waiting to play with my mom. For whatever reason, I wandered into my parents room, and on the television in the room, Windows 98 was booting. I don't know what happened after that, but I was likely either distracted or was shooed by my parents. Either way, the rest of the dream wasn't as interesting as seeing a computer boot on the TV.

Moral of the story: Windows 9x boot screens are memorable.

Nichi

That reminds me of a dream I remember when I was younger; shortly after I heard about Virtual PC for the first time, shortly after being exposed to Macs for the first time.

In the dream, I had an iBook G3, with Virtual PC installed...and I was using both OS9 and Windows 98 at the same time (Like, both the Windows taskbar and the Apple menu bar were on screen at the same time; a pic I took a few years back illustrating the same idea, using Snow Leopard and Windows 2000). The idea was honestly mind-blowing for me...and actually making it happen 10+ years after the fact was even more mind-blowing -w-

Chocofreak13

technically, it IS possible to boot a computer on the tv......i hope to do it soon.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had one last night.

In it, I was in full trap mode around the house...and nobody seemed to notice, or rather, nobody seemed to notice I was even home; like I was invisible. I clearly remember that the Top 10 AT4W Episodes was airing on TV, and it opened up with Linkara walking down the street as the Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive" played in the background (As a possible reference to the "[Linkara] is not as popular as the Bee Gees" in-joke?), although unfortunately, mom changed the channel (Again, not seeming to notice that I was even there; disregarding the fact I was wearing a dress). Since nobody seemed to notice me, I remember going into the medicine cabinet and stealing some of mom's hormone pills for myself >>;;

Woke up after that

Chocofreak13

hahahaha self-medicating! also, your mother takes hormone replacement therapy? she seems a bit young for it. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

She's been on it for years; since about the time she had her tubes tied

Chocofreak13

interesting. also, self-medicating with hormones only works if they're the right kind of hormone. :0

[/captainobvious]
click to make it bigger

Bella

I had a cinematic dream last night. (Basically played out like a movie, I was "watching" it rather than participating.)

The details are a bit fuzzy to me now but the story involved a few people (two guys, the henchmen, and a woman who was pulling the strings, IIRC) kidnapping a young woman and holding her for ransom or something like that. There was a lot of PLOTTING and INTRIGUE and they ended up on the run, traveling to a small city in far northern Quebec(? Maybe? I remember Quebec was mentioned though the map I saw seemed to show central Canada), just inside the boundaries of the Arctic Circle. Somehow the girl ended up escaping the captors and trying to steal a car to get out of there, but I don't remember a whole lot else, which sucks because it was an interesting dream.

Also at one point I ended up arguing with a man who was also watching this movie - he thought it was stupid and I loved it.

Chocofreak13

Damn, that sounds like a fricken cool dream. Wish I could remember ones that intense.
click to make it bigger

Bella

It was a really cool dream. :O

This morning i had a dream I was at a big art show and hot air balloon festival. I was with a team of people, we all needed to put on artists' smocks because we were going to work on some project, so I went into this huge, hangar-like building to change my clothes. There was a massive women's room as well as some building projects going on inside. The smock had text on it but i forget what it said ...

When I eventually emerged I walked over to our booth. A hot air balloon was being inflated and was starting to encroach on the row of artist's stands. Me and a few other people started to hold up the balloon material to keep our stands from getting crushed; eventually we "helped" it over the booths and it shot up into the air, moving around wildly on strong winds until it eventually disappeared out of sight.

It was both weird and very mundane. 

Chocofreak13

interesting....

had one yesterday where it was some kind of family event, and i was going to bake a pie and help out with some other things, like i had planned. but, after getting distracted by something (either something relating to the event, or talking to someone about it, or getting sick or something), i came back to realize that all my jobs had been done, and someone had even used the pie crust i had made to make a different pie than i had planned, and they had gone on without me and everything was fine. i remember being really upset because, though idk if they meant to, they rendered me utterly useless. ><;

in retrospect i feel like this has some kind of greater meaning and it freaks me out a little. plus this happens EVERY GODDAMN THANKSGIVING and i'm really fucking sick of it.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I know that feel; there's a reason I never do anything with mom's family, as that always happens :\

I had one the other night in which I had a morning where everything went wrong; 2k was acting strangely, my alarm clock was dead, and I ended up going to work naked :\

Chocofreak13

god i hope these aren't prophetic. >__>;;
click to make it bigger