OS-tan TORCS paint-job ideas

Started by Meiko Taniguchi, June 14, 2007, 11:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiko Taniguchi

Hi all !

I've been into a racing-simulation "The Open Racing Car Simulator" (www.torcs.org) and have thought of promoting OS-tan Collections through the use of mention on the car's paintjob.

However, I really think that perhaps for the community that just the site name and URL alone may not do it; so I've in need of some "Creativity" help...

Pictures are attached below for two cars: the sc-f1 (Formula One) and the dtma4.

[/img]
Drive fast... crash faster.

Darknight_88

Interesting idea. Also, nice to meet you (can't keep up to date with the member intro thread) :D

Well...I don't think purple would do it =/. I think blue and white would look better, as they're the main colors of the default forum theme. Dunno about ~desu, but add it at will
Also, needs more ME-tan warning symbol :D
My idea:

Still lacks more decoration, would be nice if more people posted their ideas.

SleepyD

Cooolz.

But simple images best suited for logos are not my strong suit. ^^;
There are a bunch of other artists here like darknight, maybe they can help. :3

Meiko Taniguchi

Quote from: "Darknight_88"Interesting idea. Also, nice to meet you (can't keep up to date with the member intro thread) :D

Well...I don't think purple would do it =/. I think blue and white would look better, as they're the main colors of the default forum theme. Dunno about ~desu, but add it at will
Also, needs more ME-tan warning symbol :D
My idea:

Still lacks more decoration, would be nice if more people posted their ideas.

As you requested, moar Me-tan warning symbol (but, the sc-f1 is a pain to skin properly, look at the side) and blue/white color combo. However, the skinpack that may be released will contain up to 11 variations in colors and designs, hence why the (initial) post had a white/purple sc-f1 (It's influenced by the Formula Gran Turismo from Gran Turismo 4.)

Also, I started another car: a (loosely based) 2k-tan CLK-DTM  :) , two (very slight varients : decoration red and decoration green (from bottom to top)

I am beginning to think about doing an XP [Professional]-tan based Viper GTS-R as well...

C-Chan

Wow!!!  Sweet as Agave!!!  This is really hot stuff, my friend!!!!  ^v^

And thank you for your support to Open Source games,... you're certainly help to make that particular project quite astounding I see.  ^___^

Might take a while to read up on the tutorials at the site, but if you need actual drawing or collaging help at this time, maybe you can post up some skins for us to draw over.  (naturally we'd have to know where's the cone, hood, wheels, etc, if it's not already intuitive).  

BTW, do they have a Suzuki Escudo in this game?  'v'

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and your cars are Suiseiseki-sama approved for some reason... -v-

Bella

Cool! I love auto racing games :D

QuoteI am beginning to think about doing an XP [Professional]-tan based Viper GTS-R as well...

That'd be awesome!

Meiko Taniguchi

Quote from: "Bella"Cool! I love auto racing games :D

QuoteI am beginning to think about doing an XP [Professional]-tan based Viper GTS-R as well...

That'd be awesome!

C-Chan : No Escudo, and no plans for it soon (as far as I know). I am planning on releasing a Porsche GT3-RS template set, however, so DO expect to be able to do some skinning some time soon.

Bella : It'd be difficult to keep the spirit of Sas-
*GOT SHOT*

Ahem- Anyways here's the XP-tan-ish Viper-GTS-R...

NewYinzer

Tsubashi Heavy Industries? So much for Leet Systems Incorporated and C-Chan International.....

Tsubashi

Eeehhh? 'Tsubashi Heavy Industries?'
I don't remember that corporation, but I don't know why I would deserve such and honor either, so....
Just in case
Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

I think it really cool that you are willing to help an open source game along, plus include us too! ^__^
*Bows Gratefully*
-Tsu

zjhentohlauedy

hehehe what does tsubashi heavy industries make?
My my, aren't you lovely~

Bella

QuoteLoosely based as with the CLK-DTM. This skin is meant to be a replacement for the rather bland and general hues of blue's default skin of Berniw 4. White/pink version coming soon for aforementioned robot. And yes, that IS "Tsubashi Heavy Industries" on the hood and wing of the car .

Heehee! What aren't you telling us, Tsubashi? Are you some sort of corporate tycoon?

C-Chan

For the record, I hereby declare that C-Chan International will be the next Canonical!  ^___^

Meiko Taniguchi

Upon C-chan's "request" I made a set of skins for the Mclaren F1 GTR, a replacement for the dull all-purple skins of Berniw 9 and Berniw Two 9:

Berniw Two 9 :

Berniw 9 :

No trace for Tsubashi Heavy Industries on these cars as both C-chan International _and_ Tsubashi Heavy Industries make engine parts. It don't make sence to put two rival companies on one car, you know?

Meiko Taniguchi

As much as I hate to kick a dead being, virtual or not, I'm doing it anyway.

I've recently bought a quite awesome racing simulation at the Official LFS S2 Website, and have done a few OS-tan skins for those cars too, paticularly in the two 'big' RWD GTRs, the XR GTR and the FZ50 GTR.

XP-tan XR GTR

3.1-sama FZ50 GTR

I'm also working on some new paint schemes for the BT and the Damned team cars in TORCS :
BT 3 and 4's Alfa Romeo 155 DTMs

BT 5 and 6's Mclaren F1s

Damned 8 and Inferno 1's Mclaren F1s

Damned 9's Ferrari F360 and Damned 10's Alfa Romeo 155 DTM

Tsubashi

Ooooh! Fancy!
I especially like the 3.1-sama design. Very well done.

I've actually never tried to do something like this, but I'm sure it takes some time/skill to make it look as good as these do. Way to go!
-Tsu