What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

wasn't windows 7 capable of running on XP hardware? or am i mistaken?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

It can, but it'll likely be very slow unless he happens to have one of the later PCs to ship with XP (The ones with the "Designed For XP; Compatible With Vista" sticker)

Dr. Kraus

I ran an old 1999 IBM Thinkpad that was designed for Windows NT/98 with Windows 7 on it for a while until that little ol Pentium 2 processor gave in after all its use.

Ran quite well to tell the truth, didn't lock up on me or anything as long as I was just using the internet or something else.

Chocofreak13

mmm, from what i hear Win7 is very flexible. both laptops i have running it were early vista models and they run smoother than they would if they WERE running vista. it's as if windows 7 was made for them. -w-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Good news, everyone!  I've taught the toaster to feel love.

More importantly my laptop is now in the shop to be repaired by early next week.

Nichi

Chocofreak13

just how much did you love that toaster.

also, good to hear, man.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That GIF makes it look like they have synchronized hiccups xD

In other news, one of my coworkers at Pizza Hut is wanting me to build him a computer. Even though I am considering leaving there, I'll still build it for him -w-

Chocofreak13

CHORAL HICCUPS

ONE-WINGED ANGEL DONE IN NOTHING BUT AUTO-TUNED HICCUPS

what are you going to do with it? :0
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, he said that once he receives his tax return, he wants to commission a lite gaming computer from me. So, it'll be something for him to be able to play Star Wars: The Old Republic and other MMOs with my bro-in-law and some of his other coworkers.

Chocofreak13

any idea on the specs? (i assume you're NOT going with windows 8.)
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Thinking of trying that TinyVista thing, heard somewhat positive comments about it.

LeaflameSD

Quote from: LeaflameSD on January 03, 2014, 05:53:38 AM
Thinking of trying that TinyVista thing, heard somewhat positive comments about it.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Seems to be installing. Even managed to get my video working, not bad.

EDIT: Installed. Holy fucking shit... I am actually running Windows Vista on 256MB RAM.

Gussy Keniji

My old computer runs Windows XP Home edition but, I got a new one some years ago and this one runs Windows 7.

"Wut..."

Chocofreak13

HOLY SHIT IT'S A GUSSY KENIJI GET THE CAR

srsly man, where have you been? how are you? :0

@leaf: kickass! hope it's stable enough to actually run. if you want some links to some cool anime gadgets, let me know. :3
click to make it bigger