What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@pent/bells: un, it's why I don't buy music on iTunes anymore. I have to register my account with the computer and when I do it counts it as one more to the list, of which I can have a limited amount. idk how many PCs are registered with that account anymore but ik i'm reaching my limit. :\

if a computer I have is just going to fail in 6 months, why would I want to pay for anything permanent? it's bad enough I can't use my DELETER software anymore since I registered it on the last computer. (GOD I miss that program. ><; )
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Even though I trust my computers to run for practically ever, I still prefer buying apps on the app store now due to the fact I can download and install them an infinite number of times on an infinite number of computers.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 08, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
I have to register my account with the computer and when I do it counts it as one more to the list, of which I can have a limited amount.
You can just remove ones you don't use anymore from the list, it's not like they're stuck on it forever or something.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

For me, it depends on the service. On Steam or GOG, I don't mind as much (As Steam is fairly relaxed in how I can log in from any computer and play my games, as long as I can access my e-mail to get the authorization code. As for GOG, everything is DRM-free; I can buy a game, and install it on as many of my computers as I want, without restrictions).

Now, for software that locks itself to the first computer I install it on, I usually take a pass unless there is absolutely no other option; in the case of games, there's almost always a console version I can play instead.

Chocofreak13

i'm still aggravated about DCGIv2. it was one of my FAVOURITE programs so losing access to it was a real pain in the ass. given its age and the fact that D's HQ is in japan, I doubt i'll get a resolution to my problem unless I buy a newer version.

but I don't WANT a newer version. I like my oldy goldy program. ;^;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I missed out on the tablet sale -w-

it was like Black Friday: Online Edition. By time the dust settled, and the site errors caused by immense traffic stopped, and I could actually reach the page, not only did they sell 100 units (causing the price to go up to $199), they were sold out....

that means I'm stuck with crapsung till further notice...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

you're asking to get bit with talk about Samsung like that, boy...
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

It quite evidently is a crap samsung model, though. Although that says more about Samsung's attitude to Windows more than anything else.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

evidently Samsung doesn't like anyone considering they paid apple in something like, $3mil in nickles.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: NejinOniwa on December 09, 2013, 07:27:03 PM
It quite evidently is a crap samsung model, though. Although that says more about Samsung's attitude to Windows more than anything else.

Yep. Never buying a Samsung Ativ again. And they do have a poor attitude to windows. Idk about their laptops, but my ativ had a mass line defect on every device (which i still cant find mention of online), was loaded with bloatware, automatic updates was broken courtesy of "samsung updater", among other problems, and their Windows phones are last year's Galaxy S model with a brushed metal finish and Windows Phone slapped on it.
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Nichi

Sounds kind of crap -w-;

TBH I've had good luck with Samsung stuff; given how 2k's BluRay drive is from them, and the original Xbox I used to have used one of their drives (Considered by fans to be the most reliable DVD drive of any original Xbox model) :3

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 09, 2013, 07:45:51 PM
$3mil in nickles.

Now I'm not sure if I should dislike Samesung or at least like them a little for their apparent sense of humor.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Krizonar on December 09, 2013, 10:23:48 PM
Now I'm not sure if I should dislike Samesung or at least like them a little for their apparent sense of humor.

ikrite? gotta love it when a company's willing to troll like that. xD

I am neutral on Samsung since I haven't had any experience with their tech. the only cell phones I've had have been LG. I think someone in my family had a Samsung years ago but idk. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I've put a moratorium on discussions of Samsung V. Apple matters with one of my classmates, he's a huge Apple fan, I'm a huge Apple desktop / laptop fan but have never been crazy over their mobile products (more a matter of taste than any technological disagreements). I mean, he isn't gonna change my mind and I'm not gonna change his - nor would i want to, everyone is entitled to have their own tastes after all - so why even debate it? ^_^;

Chocofreak13

i'm not super-fond of their computers. (*begrudgingly pats quincey*)
but apple makes a damn fine mobile device.
click to make it bigger