A NEW IPAD
inb4 iPads suck

Now I can play that Hanafuda game Kari used to talk about

Nichi

Niiiice ^^

I plan to eventually get an Android phone

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Krizonar on December 02, 2013, 02:34:17 PM
I could always give you my copy of Windows Vista Home Basic.

*hisses and spits*

thank you anyway, though. :3

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 02, 2013, 12:46:03 PM
If it comes down to it, I'll burn a copy of the version of Windows 7 I have on my dad's laptop and send it with your Christmas gift; it's also cracked, and yet no updates have proven it cracked yet -w-
(It detects who the manufacturer of your PC is and sets itself as an OEM version from that company)

I would seriously appreciate that. I just hope the computer doesn't break down before then. ;v;

Quote from: LeaflameSD on December 02, 2013, 02:52:10 PM
Guess who just got themselves
A NEW IPAD
inb4 iPads suck

Now I can play that Hanafuda game Kari used to talk about

FUCK YEAH, SOMEONE TO PLAY HANAFUDA WITH

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE FIYA, BOYYY-EEEE
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Krizonar on December 02, 2013, 02:34:17 PM
I could always give you my copy of Windows Vista Home Basic.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 02, 2013, 02:47:22 PM
It'd be better to give it to Bella. Kari would just set it on fire and download 7 again -w-;

Seconding Pent, if you ever wanna get rid of it I'll take it off your hands. :3

stewartsage

I'm now using CraftOS.  Let's see how fast I can actually need it to do anything other then sit in my computer outside.  The case is made of stone though, so it should be fine.

Nichi

CraftOS? What's that?

On a different note, one of my coworkers is supposed to give me a desktop tonight to reformat for him. All I know is that it's a Gateway and is at least 5 years old, but he just wants something to get him online for now and then get something more suited for lite gaming later.

DustiiWolf

(Reposting this since original thread apparently was a duplicate of this thread)

Been working on some concept designs for improvements to Windows Phone.

Concepts: http://imgur.com/gallery/FxY6P

Whatdya guys think? Thoughts? Opinions?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

loly is slowly starting to exhibit more and more errors I think may be tied to her ungenuine status. she hasn't reached critical mass yet, though, so I think i'm cool to wait for the disk in the mail.

going down to boston next week, so I think i'm FINALLY gonna try to get speedy a cooling pad. :3
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: DustiiWolf on December 04, 2013, 01:50:44 PM
Windows Phone Reborn
Honestly, it doesn't look all that much different from the real WP. The "conecpts" seem more like updates that you can get from the MS Store.

So yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the comments, sorry (;^^)

inb4 i get banned because I'm attacking a member

DustiiWolf

Quote from: LeaflameSD on December 05, 2013, 01:34:32 AM
Honestly, it doesn't look all that much different from the real WP. The "conecpts" seem more like updates that you can get from the MS Store.

So yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the comments, sorry (;^^)

No need to apologize. In all honesty, thats what i was going for, was visual updates. I chose the page name late at night and i think i was thinking along the lines that it'd catch peoples attention. I regret that. -w-

And i dont see how it was "attacking"....

LeaflameSD

Quote from: DustiiWolf on December 05, 2013, 01:59:15 AM
No need to apologize. In all honesty, thats what i was going for, was visual updates. I chose the page name late at night and i think i was thinking along the lines that it'd catch peoples attention. I regret that. -w-
Don't regret it, it's cool that you're trying to come up with ideas to make the Windows Phone OS even better.

Quote from: DustiiWolf on December 05, 2013, 01:59:15 AM
And i dont see how it was "attacking"....
Sorry, bad joke is bad (;^^)>

DustiiWolf

May be getting a new tablet. The Microsoft Store is having a 12 days of holidays promotion and the sale Monday is the dell venue pro 8 32GB for $99. In store is first 10 people, online is first 100 orders. Going to stay up and try n nab one. My crapsung a-shit-iv is in dire need of replacement.

Bella

>crapsung
>hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssses

Also, I think CraftOS is Minecraft related.

Hey, OSC, something I've been meaning to ask for a long time: How exactly DOES one go about building a computer? I know the basics of it (in terms of what parts are required, and how to physically put it all together [well, more or less]), but I'm fuzzy on the whole, you know, "making sure all the parts will work together before actually buying it" part. Do manufacturers tell you what parts will work together? Or do you have to go by form factor / size, electrical specifications, etc?

I know at least three of you have already done it (Nej, Pent, and Kriz) with varying degrees of success, so I figure this would be a good place to ask.

Nichi

Firstly, decide on a processor; figuring out what one will give you the performance you want at a good price. Once you decide on that, make note of what socket it needs to work, then shop around for a motherboard that has that socket on it.

From there, decide if you want to go with a motherboard with on-board video (Good if you want to use it for basic web browsing, lite gaming) or skip on that to have a dedicated graphics card (Good for higher-end gaming, video editing, BluRay playback, etc.). If you want a dedicated graphics card, make sure you have at least one PCI-Express 16x slot to support it. As for a sound card, generally you won't need one as the on-board audio on most motherboards is not too bad, but if you're an audiophile or you need some specific feature not supported by your motherboard's audio, then make sure you have an extra PCI-E port (Usually 1x is all you need depending on the card). After that, get some RAM (Most motherboards these days use DDR3), hard drive and/or disc drives (Most using SATA 6.0GB, and new motherboards typically come with at least 2 cables), and whatever else you might want.

Now comes the tricky part; a power supply. There are calculators floating around online (Such as the one offered on Newegg) where you select what processor you have, how much RAM you're going to have installed, how many USB devices you'll have plugged in, what graphics card you have, and other details to determine how many watts you need. 2k-tan uses a 650W power supply, but that's because I went way overboard; in most cases you can get by with a 400W power supply for a mid-range PC (Sometimes less, depending on what you intend to do).

Lastly, the case (and case fans if you desire them). They'll run about $20 or so for a very plain case on up to $100+ for a flashy case with plexiglass sides to show off your setup, depending on what you want (TBH I lean more toward it being nicely organized inside and easy to upgrade; something 2k unfortunately is not). 2k's case typically sold for $60, but I basically got mine for free with the purchase of Windows 7, via a package deal Newegg had, so I can't complain too much.

There are still the steps of monitors, mice, keyboards, etc., but those are easy enough; I just wanted to focus on the desktop itself and what goes inside it. Hope that helps :3

NejinOniwa

Weeeeeeeeell.

First of all you need to, as you say, make sure the parts fit together. This includes, among other things, form factor of the motherboard=form factor of the box you're putting it in, PSU sufficient power to what you're going to use it for (generally if you are building a decently powerful, game-able comp you want something above 600W at least), CPU that fits in the mobo CPU slot, make sure that all the parts you buy use connectors that are available on the mobo (for example, don't buy IDE parts for a new comp, there are usually only SATA ports on new mobos), get a CPU fan that is powerful enough for your CPU (3rd party fans are HIGHLY recommended if you're going to do anything remotely taxing), get other fans that fit into the fan slots available on the box, get a wireless card (easy to forget), make sure your RAM matches the slots AND the speed limits of the mobo, and finally, before you start putting things together: READ THE FUCKING MANUALS. Many times. ESPECIALLY the mobo, cpu and ANYTHING that you're going to have to do any sort of assembly with. The connectors to the front panel are sometimes especially tricky to get right, and a fail there can lead to your computer just refusing to start. ENSURE FUCKING TWICE that all the power connectors are in the right place and of the right kinds before switching on the power. Check that the mobo gives you a little "hey i've got power now" signal when you do so. THEN pray to the gods a few times, and turn the computer on.

That, and hunt for cheaps, but that should be obvious :3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS